Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Elves 2015 & 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭snowgal

IF anyone drops out or forgets please stick me on the waiting list!:p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

snowgal wrote: »
    IF anyone drops out or forgets please stick me on the waiting list!:p

You're on the list :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

Its a great way to steal other peoples Christmas secrets

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    Its a great way to steal other peoples Christmas secrets

I wouldn't say steal. We can share ideas and traditions. Sharing is caring :-D

Very true. I joined boards in December 2010 a very home sick puppy. The Christmas thread and especially peoples Christmas eve traditions always getting me giddy for home and Christmas.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Very true. I joined boards in December 2010 a very home sick puppy. The Christmas thread and especially peoples Christmas eve traditions always getting me giddy for home and Christmas.

I remember your flying home for Christmas thread from last year! :)

Ha I was a mess.

Still hate flying!!! I 'G' myself up for it with Christmas threads. It got to the point that walking down the air bridge to the plane I was reading out Christmas eve traditions I had copied and pasted on to the ipad. It was a way of convincing myself that if I didn't get on the plane I would miss so much. Im a big girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

Wait 'til you get a load of the Show Us Yer Christmas Trees thread! If that doesn't get on the plane to show off your own, I don't know what will ;)

We usually go to the UAE (Dubai) for the rugby 7's at the start of December, there's a great Christmas shop in Dubai Mall. I will take some snaps this year without myself and the OH in them. They put BT's to shame. Pretty tacky but its still fun.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Loughc wrote: »
    Updated List

Loughc - In progress
    washiskin
    CarrieAnne
    SarahLil
    Gidget
    AlanS
    Moonbeam
    Irishgurll
    Alicat
    Bobblehead panda
    Liamo22
    Baby and crumble
    Delw
    Scarinae
    Snowgal

If I have calculated correctly, I am due to have my thread starting on the 12th December - is this right? If so, I won't be able to do it anymore because I'm going on holiday from 11th-22nd December and won't have internet access for most of it, so my place should go to someone from the reserve list

• Advertisement

Anyone on the list up for a swapies, guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

If mine suits then go for it

delw wrote: »
    If mine suits then go for it

If you're sure you don't mind, thank you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Posy wrote: »
    Updated List

3rd Oct- SarahLil (in progress)
    10th Oct- Gidget
    17th Oct- AlanS
    24th Oct- Moonbeam
    31st Oct- Irishgurll
    7th Nov- Alicat
    14th Nov- Bobblehead panda
    21st Nov- Liamo22
    28th Nov- Baby and crumble
    5th Dec- Scarinae
    12th Dec- Delw
    19th Dec- Snowgal

So helpful of you Posy to include dates for us all!

I'm up soon and I can't wait, this was such a great thread idea from Lough! :)

Thanks a million Posy for adding the dates! :)

I See snowgal has the 19th which happens to be my birthday so no pressure snowgal :-P

uh oh!! no pressure at all so :) my biggest worry is that Ill be so consumed with Christmas that Ill forget to come on boards! Im well into Christmas season at that stage!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I just came across this...what's this thread about and can I take part? :)

fussyonion wrote: »
    I just came across this...what's this thread about and can I take part? :)

Hi fussyonion apologies for missing your post, I was very busy on the 12th of December (I was on bended knee proposing to my now Fiancée) I must have read your post but not replied.

This thread was created for a way to get to know our regular posters here a bit more and for new people to get a feel for all of our Elves here! :)

We are currently not doing any at the moment but fret not when I am looking up for Know Your Elves 2015 your name will be first on the list!

I will also be announcing a spin off thread from the Know Your Elves thread that should be a bit of fun to help us through the Off-Season Months :)

Anyone interested in Know Your Elves 2015 post in here. The more we get the sooner we can start back with it.

I'm keen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I would be interested.

me deffo! I know my last one was abit of a wash out but I found it reallly hard to keep in touch in the days before Christmas, too much going on! I reckon maybe leave the last week of December altogther....:)

snowgal wrote: »
    I reckon maybe leave the last week of December altogther....:)

Good idea. Everyone are usually flat out on the last week before Christmas. I will leave it unless someone requests it.

Hey hey hey! As we only have 22 Mondays left until Christmas Week, I'm opening this up for applications for 2015,

As per previous requests we have;

1) Fussyonion,
    2) Jude13,
    3) Kitten_k,
    4) Snowgal
    5) Mud
    6) Baby and crumble
    7) Glitzgirl
    8) Scarinae
    9) Kerry4Sam
    10) Posy
    11) Miamee
    12) Emmagination
    13) Toto Wolfcastle
    14) Mystery Egg

Lets see can we get to 20 and we'll kick off next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I'd like to put my (user) name forward :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yeah stick me down! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Ah anything to talk about Christmas ! Sure sign me up too ! Can't promise it will be exceptionally interesting as this will be my first time doing it !

If we did it last year can we do it again?

Scarinae wrote: »
    If we did it last year can we do it again?

Of course! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Loughc wrote: »
    Hey hey hey! As we only have 22 Mondays left until Christmas Week, I'm opening this up for applications for 2015,

As per previosu requests we have;

1) Fussyonion,
    2) Jude13,
    3) Kitten_k,
    4) Snowgal
    5) Mud
    6) Baby and crumble

Lets see can we get to 20 and we'll kick off next week :)

A bit of Christmas in July/August, next we'll see seeing decorations in the shops.
    Lets get Christmas on boards.ie out ahead of the shops in 2015...

You can put my name down somewhere on your list, don't mind what number you want :)

Looking forward,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement