Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due August 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Oh god Laura sounds like you are having a rough time of it but thank god baby s safe and healthy.

Same happened me with dates i was sure i was due to be 12weeks this coming Thursday but turns out only 9weeks since yesterday, i was a bit upset about it but got over it anyway.

Tried the iron bru but didn't like the taste of it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Oh god Laura sounds like you are having a rough time of it but thank god baby s safe and healthy.

Same happened me with dates i was sure i was due to be 12weeks this coming Thursday but turns out only 9weeks since yesterday, i was a bit upset about it but got over it anyway.

Try drinking Sparkling water...my GP told me to try it and I am finding that sipping it when I feel sick is great!! I know different things work for different people but worth a try!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

You poor thing Laura! Glad to hear all is well though. I'm due same date!
    Roll on 12 weeks, this not telling is getting harder and harder. I've found that I'm having two or three good days at a time and then floored for two days with sick feeling. It's pretty hard especially trying not to ring in sick to work. Hubby is flat out with crackers and ginger ale, poor him! As I said roll on 12 weeks ladies :)

Gee_G wrote: »

Same happened me with dates i was sure i was due to be 12weeks this coming Thursday but turns out only 9eeks since yesterday, i was a bit upset about it but got over it anyway.

Try drinking Sparkling water...my GP told me to try it and I am finding that sipping it when I feel sick is great!! I know different things work for different people but worth a try!!

Thanks for that ill get some later on my way home from work, worth a shot anyway :-)

Gee_G wrote: »

Same happened me with dates i was sure i was due to be 12weeks this coming Thursday but turns out only 9eeks since yesterday, i was a bit upset about it but got over it anyway.

Thanks for that ill get some later on my way home from work, worth a shot anyway :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 scunners

What a rotten night Laura - at least baby is healthy and well, if a little younger than you thought! My God girls, I'm counting every day and time seems to be crawling by - it seems very cruel to be set back a few weeks. Fair play to ye Betsie for putting it behind you!

Fizzy water also works for me :)

have no choice but to kinda put it behind me no choice in the matter, just cant wait now till the 2nd of feb for my scan in the hospital

have no choice but to kinda put it behind me no choice in the matter, just cant wait now till the 2nd of feb for my scan in the hospital
    Yay, not long now, booked my private one on the 7th really can't wait!

no im counting down the days haha im so bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mammytobe

Hi Laura,
    You poor thing, what a long night that must of been but at least everything is ok!

I havent been here for a while, have been feeling very down in myself. Work is so busy and stressfull and I have had to make excuses for a few post-christmas parties which I was looking forward to.

I just cant get excited about this pregnancy and I dunno why. Still dosent seem real yet, and I also trying to stop smoking which is driving me insane!!!

Sorry for the rant, nowhere else to let it out! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Aw mammytobe, the post christmas parties are crap. There's been something every weekend in January! Thought we'd all be safe after Christmas but still making excuses for not drinking!!!
    I've started looking forward to Wednesday nights just to watch One Born Every Minute! I know it's mad but it is funny and I'm trying to convince myself I'll not be as loud/aggressive/mental as some of them are!
    Is anyone else in the 8/9 week slump? I feel like when it's time to tell people I'll not be excited anymore!!!

Its so hard coming up with excuses as to why not drinking fair sick of it really,

feel like Im coming down with a fecking cold again only over one :-(

on the up side found out that i have Saturday off work can't wait for a lie in and i had booked myself a facial for sat afternoon so i plan on having a relaxing day now all i need to do tell is get rid of the oh and the dog for a few hours would be great haha :-)

aww a facial just sounds like bliss! enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Aww thanks Girls, I have to admit I have forgotten the horrendous experience now, and am just so so glad that everything is ok.

Mummytobe, please don't be letting yourself get down, our hormones are completely running amok, and one day we are delighted the next we feel like sitting and crying all day and don't want to get dressed. I have caught glimpses of myself in the mirror in the last few day and being honest felt like breaking down, but I had a lovely shower today and for first time since Christmas day I put on make up and took my daughter to the cinema for a little girls day out. If you like the idea of betsie going for a facial, go you for one, go and treat yourself, and I bet you will feel fabulous for the rest of the day.

Girls we all have to remember that we are going through the same thing, might be a couple of weeks difference but what they hell. Imagine how bloody fantastic we are all going to feel in August, walking down the roads cooing into our top of the range travel systems at the beautiful little life we (yes WE) created.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Julie London

Anyone else worried aboput how they will cope when the babys born!. Im living in a different county 4 hours from family and friends for work. I have a 2 year old and my husband works nights. I keep thinking im going to crack up when i have a 3 year old and a baby and no one there at night and the husband obviously needing to sleep all day. im frightened and dont know if im being unreasnoble complaining due to being pregnant. I just want to move home but no chance of that as we cannot pack in our jobs

Haven't really thought about it yet, i live 1.5 hours away from my family but my OH family are only 10 minute drive away so they will be a big help,

try not to stress yourself out too much about it Julie, hopefully things will work out for you :-)

Had a bit of a scare today ladies, was in work this morning went to the bathroom and these was some blood in the toilet and there was also some on my pants, complete freak out so rang the other half at work and he raced home, went into the doc and he just sent me straight to the hospital, got to the hospital and sent straight up to the gyn clinic and was put sitting into a waiting room there for 3hours before anyone came to see me. In the mean time the bleeding stopped. Had a scan took a while for them to find a heart beat, she had to call in another doc in i was really fecking out at this stage, other doc came in in about 30seconds had found the heart beat, such a relief he just told me to go home, rest for a few days and if there was any more bleeding just to go straight in again.

Had a bit of a scare today ladies, was in work this morning went to the bathroom and these was some blood in the toilet and there was also some on my pants, complete freak out so rang the other half at work and he raced home, went into the doc and he just sent me straight to the hospital, got to the hospital and sent straight up to the gyn clinic and was put sitting into a waiting room there for 3hours before anyone came to see me. In the mean time the bleeding stopped. Had a scan took a while for them to find a heart beat, she had to call in another doc in i was really fecking out at this stage, other doc came in in about 30seconds had found the heart beat, such a relief he just told me to go home, rest for a few days and if there was any more bleeding just to go straight in again.

My god my heart goes out to you! Must have been so scary for you and OH!
    Fingers crossed everything will be ok.

Yeah it was and to be honest in still kinda scared, every time i go to the toilet now i expect to see some blood,

didn't sleep much at all last night, Im was told to rest for a few days so no work for me till next week, i hate sitting around and doing nothing but ill have to be good. Hopefully i might get some sleep today maybe.

Betsie it happened to me to. the blood stopped and started for a week. I took a week off work and i sat or lay down as much as I could. And im fine now. So please do not panic. Rest this weekend, eat whatever you want! own the remote control! and dont do anything.

• Advertisement

Yeah i plan on taking it very easy for the next couple of days Julie, thanks for trying to reassure me though.still panic though x

So sorry to hear that Betsie, and all that waiting at the hospital sounds like a nightmare. I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine and this will just be a bad memory before too long. anything you can do to distract yourself for the next few days while you're taking it easy? Boxsets and magazines are always good for me! x

Anyone else worried aboput how they will cope when the babys born!. Im living in a different county 4 hours from family and friends for work. I have a 2 year old and my husband works nights. I keep thinking im going to crack up when i have a 3 year old and a baby and no one there at night and the husband obviously needing to sleep all day. im frightened and dont know if im being unreasnoble complaining due to being pregnant. I just want to move home but no chance of that as we cannot pack in our jobs

Hi Julie, are you still feeling worried about this? This is my first baby and my family are around so that makes it more straightforward, but I still have no idea how I'll cope though. Don't think you're being unreasonable at all, you're bound to worry in that situation, but hopefully the new baby will be easy to settle into good nights and you'll be fine. Are your family able to give you a bit of support? Would anyone be able to be on standby to come and stay for a few nights every so often in the first few weeks/months, in case things are really hard? Might make you feel better to have a back-up plan, even if you never need it?

scunners wrote: »
    Hi Julie, are you still feeling worried about this? This is my first baby and my family are around so that makes it more straightforward, but I still have no idea how I'll cope though. Don't think you're being unreasonable at all, you're bound to worry in that situation, but hopefully the new baby will be easy to settle into good nights and you'll be fine. Are your family able to give you a bit of support? Would anyone be able to be on standby to come and stay for a few nights every so often in the first few weeks/months, in case things are really hard? Might make you feel better to have a back-up plan, even if you never need it?
    I have my mother in law coming for one week. and my mother for a week. so thats good. Its just the hardship of never getting a moment to myself and trying to hold down a full time job and parent 2 kids alone all week (not hubbys fault he a hard worker). My first baby did not sleep through the night till she was aged 1 year. and only after we did the tough love controlled crying for 3 nights on the trot. It was hard. Its the being woken at night and working that i found horrendous. I got depressed and was a shadow of myself. then after she started sleeping at age 1 i slowly started returning to myself. now she is 2 im 100% better and its all going great. But i cannot forget that first year.

scunners wrote: »
    So sorry to hear that Betsie, and all that waiting at the hospital sounds like a nightmare. I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine and this will just be a bad memory before too long. anything you can do to distract yourself for the next few days while you're taking it easy? Boxsets and magazines are always good for me! x

have magazines on order OH will bring them home after work, and i have loads of movies here to watch, the poor dog knows there is something up she is just lying at the bottom of my feet and not moving just sleeping, she is normally hyper haha,

thanks for the concern though fingers crossed everything will be ok,

have magazines on order OH will bring them home after work, and i have loads of movies here to watch, the poor dog knows there is something up she is just lying at the bottom of my feet and not moving just sleeping, she is normally hyper haha,

thanks for the concern though fingers crossed everything will be ok,
    Trust me Betsie once that heartbeat was detected your going to be fine. The little heartbeat is the key thing . Your chance of miscarriage goes down significantly once you have that heartbeat. Ray foley on tonight with a new take me out! if you like that it might take your mind off it

Thanks Julie have a night in front of the telly planned alright,

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

Jesus Betsie that must have been so frightening, can't believe they left you sit in the waiting room for 3 hours without being seen??? That's ridiculous. But great news that they found the heartbeat, he/she will be absolutely fine. And like the others said rest up and take it easy for the next wee while and give yourself every chance to recuperate.
    I gave myself a stupid scare today, I work with kids and was doing an art project that used some chemicals I've used before, but I didn't think about potential impact on pregnancy. I got really light headed and dizzy and a bit nauseous and started to freak out a bit in case it was toxic for pregnancy. Checked the safety data sheet thing and it isn't, so it was just me being extra sensitive to smells etc. but my god did I feel so stupid and annoyed with myself. Got a real scare. But at least that's a lesson learned and I'll be aware to watch out and plan better in the future.
    Have our first scan tomorrow, will just be 10 weeks but all I want is to hear a strong healthy heartbeat and finally be reassured this is happening!!

Have our first scan tomorrow, will just be 10 weeks but all I want is to hear a strong healthy heartbeat and finally be reassured this is happening!!

Exciting!! Let us know how it goes!

• Advertisement

Yeah thought it was crazy myself as i was so nervous and scared and so was my oh but he was trying to be brave for my sake,

Its mad doing things without thinking really, at least the chemical was safe. I find myself strong smells age making me sick. Best of luck with your scan tomorrow, its wonderful seeing it for the 1st time enjoy x

Advertisement