Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 30/04/12 *Spoilers - Extreme Rules Results*

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Also I'm really,really glad that the interminable Punk/Jericho feud is finished.Now Jericho can go back to where he belongs,flopping about in the mid card having crap matches til he gets bored and pisses off home again for a year or two.

Maybe/hopefully he'll take Miz with him this time!

did jericho piss in your cornflakes or something ?

i really enjoyed his feud with punk and they brought us one very good mania match and a class match at extreme rules.

id love to see jericho switch back to face until he leaves mid summer. loved jericho when he would give people abuse only the rock was better imo.

maybe a run against a heel like ziggler or del rio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

If Lesnar & Taker go trading fake subs it will be hard to watch. Don't know why but I got a good laugh at HHH getting his arm broke & I normally don't mind him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

rovert wrote: »
    Not to be flippant but: It is likely your answer.

I meant I can't imagine Brock having the same-looking match with Orton, HHH etc as he did with Cena throughout his tenure. Unless he's gonna do the 3 minute tap-out/knockout match deal. Which would also be great. Could've done that for a few PPVs and built to having a longer match. Like Orton, Jericho etc could only last for a few minutes with Brock, and down the line, Cena can last much longer and come closer to beating him.

So Brock lost at ER to rehab Cena from losing to the Rock. Who in god's name has been talking about Rock/Cena since Brock arrived?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

ricero wrote: »
    did jericho piss in your cornflakes or something ?

i really enjoyed his feud with punk and they brought us one very good mania match and a class match at extreme rules.

id love to see jericho switch back to face until he leaves mid summer. loved jericho when he would give people abuse only the rock was better imo.

maybe a run against a heel like ziggler or del rio
    He's right in fairness. Jericho isnt a main eventer. He can fill in alright, but he isnt the guy you want headlining. It's not a coincidance that his best runs in both WCW and WWE came when he was a midcarder. That's his level for the most part. His super serious heel character got stale years ago, adding a flashy jacket didnt do anything for it. Even his mock the babyfaces thing when he returned was only good for a few weeks before everyone was bored of it.

To be absolutely fair to Jericho, he's been jobbing clean to everyone around him for over a decade. I consider him a main eventer (but at the lowest edge of that) and the only reason he's not in John Morrison territory is because he's excellent on the mic and extremely smooth in the ring. In my eyes he's kind of like Punk or Bryan, sort of an indy/iwc hero kind of thing in that he's a small but extremely talented guy, that was never supposed to be champion.

He's never had the WWE machine behind him as is constantly battling to keep his head above water in the shark tank that is WWE. I'm shocked and proud at his successes in WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

So Cena could defeat Lesnar, even managing to give him an AA with his "damaged" arm, but couldn't fight away from Johnny and Tensai? C'mon...
    Completely fail to see the point of Lesnar losing. It's like they've already started ignoring it, just picking up where they left off last week with Lesnar being a monster except now there's a giant elephant in the room, his first match back was a loss.

At least we've Punk and Bryan to look forward to. Need a hot crowd or two to really bring it to life.

Agreed. Could've done with Punk vs Bryan in Chicago, they'd splooge over that match. Over the Limit is in North Carolina and No Way Out (June) is in New Jersey. Not renowned for being smarky (re:emotionally invested) crowds. Oh well

It's not a big thing but Meltzer said that the Jericho count-out finish on RAW was indeed a botch by the ref. He was supposed to count Big Show out before the time limit expired and Jericho's time was supposed to replace Miz's. They chatted about it over the break and decided to do it 'legit' (i.e. Miz's time is still good).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It's not a big thing but Meltzer said that the Jericho count-out finish on RAW was indeed a botch by the ref. He was supposed to count Big Show out before the time limit expired and Jericho's time was supposed to replace Miz's. They chatted about it over the break and decided to do it 'legit' (i.e. Miz's time is still good).

That's what it looked like alright, if you watch the tape back you can see Jericho shouting at the ref to hurry up when he rolls back into the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,324 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Alright RAW but I'm really looking forward to what WWE have in store. Wound through it pretty quick, tons of filler in the show. Brock HHH is my dream match for Brock so I'm really happy they've started the ball rolling. I'd expect (re:hope) they wouldn't have the match until SummerSlam so it gets the build it deserves.

I'd like the idea of a Brock/HHH feud as well and think if build right could be awesome always wanted to see a feud between them but part of me feels it will be Brock V Rock at Summerslam this year (Summerslam 2002 - 10 years so perhaps time for Brock V Rock Part II :p)

I feel like a broken record as I seem to say this every week nowadays but I still dont get why Laurinaitis is feuding with Cena :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I thought that RAW was great!

The opener and ending set up new things and we get Punk v Bryan at a PPV.

Finding a way to take Brock off TV for a while makes sense considering the reported terms of his contract. No point wasting all his dates so early in the year.

I like how the beating Cena took from Brock set up something with one of the best heels in WWE, Good ol Big Johnny.

I also like how they used Brocks loss to make him flip out on HHH. HHH and Brock is an interesting match up some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Strange kind of RAW. Not bad though in parts. Looking forward to Brock HHH feud.

Fan of Kofi Kingston and when came back into wrestling was disappointed to see how far the tag team belts had fallen from their former glory so hope new holders can do something to start restoring interest in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭ Ramon Large Saffron

Now Jericho can go back to where he belongs,flopping about in the mid card having crap matches til he gets bored and pisses off home again for a year or two.

He had some great matches with punk this year, and his promos have been very good. Its not a case of "getting bored", if he isnt active in WWE, he is usually writing/recording/touring with Fozzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

please dont let johnny hoarse voice go for the world title

looking forward to hhh v lesnar

Advertisement