Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mantech house alarm problem

Options
  • 30-03-2015 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, i have a Mantech house alarm that was already installed when i bought my house. Problem im having is that when come home, I have 5 seconds to enter the code on a keypad which is in the sitting room and i can never make it in time. I tried entering my code and searching the menu to extend the time but can't find it. I rang Mantech and they said they need to reprogram it, over 100 quid.

Anyone know any other way i could do this? Bizarre i can't seem to do it myself.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hi, i have a Mantech house alarm that was already installed when i bought my house. Problem im having is that when come home, I have 5 seconds to enter the code on a keypad which is in the sitting room and i can never make it in time. I tried entering my code and searching the menu to extend the time but can't find it. I rang Mantech and they said they need to reprogram it, over 100 quid.

Anyone know any other way i could do this? Bizarre i can't seem to do it myself.

Thanks!

Mantech would be the installer, what type system have you installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

altor wrote: »
    Mantech would be the installer, what type system have you installed?

Woops, box says Identifier. No wonder i couldn't find anything about Mantech alarm boxes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Woops, box says Identifier. No wonder i couldn't find anything about Mantech alarm boxes.

I have PMed you the manual for your alarm.
    You may also need an engineer code to make some changes.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I have PMed you the manual for your alarm.
    You may also need an engineer code to make some changes.

Aw thanks a lot man, that is a huge help! Will give a go trying the Timers setting from that and hopefully I don't need an engineer code. The last time they were out (to replace the battery), they said it looked like a different engineer changed the code as their one wouldn't work.

Seriously appreciate it!

Okay, the default code in the manual doesn't work and by the sounds of the Mantech engineer last time, they don't know the new code and I have no way of finding out who changed the code.

Is there anyway around this? I'm guessing Mantech will need to reset the alarm to default for a fee (if that is even possible)?

So close...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Okay, the default code in the manual doesn't work and by the sounds of the Mantech engineer last time, they don't know the new code and I have no way of finding out who changed the code.

Is there anyway around this? I'm guessing Mantech will need to reset the alarm to default for a fee (if that is even possible)?

So close...

I would say it was left at default if the timer was only left at 6 seconds.
    If you down power by turning off the mains and removing the battery, when you connect these up again it should ask do you want to load defaults. Loading defaults will clear all setting and the system will need to be set up again.

I'll look into that and see if it's not too much trouble, thanks! Will definitely be worth try before spending 150 for someone else to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

You can power down your system
    And when you power it back up you can just reset the codes
    €150 is very expensive for a call out

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Shop around if you are getting someone out. It will cost you less than that.

Thanks lads will do. I figured it was their alarm and had to go through them. Wish i posted here a lot sooner!

• Advertisement

Hey lads. Update on this one. I wasn't sure how to disconnect the battery, to downpower the system, a lot of different wires so just got lazy and left it. Might not have a choice now though as one of the sensors has become faulty and keeps beeping with a red flash indicating it has sensed movement. It beeped all night and today I tested the alarm and it was set off straight away with the faulty sensor as the zone that was tripped.

Mantech told me before they were old sensors and this could happen.

Is there anyway to completely disable a sensor to take it out of the equation. I'm guessing tampering it will only lead to a 'tamper alarm'.

Also, is there any guide to removing the battery? Would it help if I took a pic of what I'm looking at and posted it here?

Thanks all!

Is this a PiR motion sensor you are talking about?
    If you open the panel you will see the battery sitting on the bottom. You just have to remove the 2 wires from the battery terminals.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is this a PiR motion sensor you are talking about?
    If you open the panel you will see the battery sitting on the bottom. You just have to remove the 2 wires from the battery terminals.

I think it's a PiR motion sensor anyway. Here's a pic below. I had peeled off the white bottom part (like soft plastic and saw just a reflective shell inside. Didn't want to damage it so just put it back on.

Thanks, I disconnected the battery, removed the fuse and the system shutdown completely. Left it a minute and put back in the fuse. The alarm panel was asking me to 'power up default?'. I went to get my laptop which has the manual on it. When I got back to the panel, it was asking about changing zones from 06 to 05. Then right in front of me, the full alarm went off. I entered 1010 and 1020 but it said invalid code. I entered our own code and was able to turn off the alarm with that.

If I try it again, do I have a time limit on setting it up? Do you think the zones will default into their old sensors?

Should that 1010 code work when setting it to default?

Thanks!!

361346.jpg

If it was defaulted your own code wouldn't work.
    If you open that pir and post up the connections I can tell you how to close off that zone untill you get a replacement unit.

Thanks man, ive attached a pic of the circuit board for that sensor now.

Alarm showing a tamper alarm even though i fitted it back on.

To disable that device disconnect the connections TT NC & C.
    Separate the 2 resistors & put one aside. connect the yellow to one leg of the other resistor & the white to the other leg.
    That will keep that zone permanently closed.

Might have to leave this to the pro's I think :o

I'm not sure what the resistors are and what legs to attach them to.

Edit: yeah just went to do it there and already after setting the alarm off twice. Will ring around tomorrow for the best callout charge to disable that sensor and reset the system (get my exit time sorted)

Thanks for all the advice here, much appreciated!

No problem.
    If you need anything come back to us.

Advertisement