Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just Cancelled Phonewatch a/c...Simon Panel

• 06-12-2013 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Could anyone tell me how to stop the 'fail to communicate' alarm? Phonewatch say they need to send someone out. Also may wish to set it to dial my own number in future. Is this easy to set up? Any advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

sosulio wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me how to stop the 'fail to communicate' alarm? Phonewatch say they need to send someone out. Also may wish to set it to dial my own number in future. Is this easy to set up? Any advice is much appreciated.

No way would I let them out to do this, It is a simple process they can easily do over the phone by getting you to delete 3 options, 04, 05 and 06.

I have sent you a P.M. re the code.

Drop the lid, enter engineer code.
    Delete option 04 done.
    Delete option 05 done.
    Delete option 06 done.
    Add option 43 "enter the phone number you want the alarm to ring" done.
    Add option 44, 10 done.
    Add option 17, 20, done.

For option 17 some of the Simon panels need to see 3 digits, so enter:

Add option 17, 020, done.

Try the first one first then the 3 digit.

Any problems, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kimwoo86

altor wrote: »
    No way would I let them out to do this, It is a simple process they can easily do over the phone by getting you to delete 3 options, 04, 05 and 06.

I have sent you a P.M. re the code.

Drop the lid, enter engineer code.
    Delete option 04 done.
    Delete option 05 done.
    Delete option 06 done.
    Add option 43 "enter the phone number you want the alarm to ring" done.
    Add option 44, 10 done.
    Add option 17, 20, done.

For option 17 some of the Simon panels need to see 3 digits, so enter:

Add option 17, 020, done.

Try the first one first then the 3 digit.

Any problems, let me know.

Hi, I cancelled phonewatch last month, constant system communication failure beeping is doing my head in. I took sim card out but didn't help. How do I stop the beeping? Any ideas?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this panel the older Simon or the XT?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

kimwoo86 wrote: »
    Hi, I cancelled phonewatch last month, constant system communication failure beeping is doing my head in. I took sim card out but didn't help. How do I stop the beeping? Any ideas?

Taking out the sim card will make no difference.
    You need to deleted the numbers the system communicates on.
    In most cases you can add your own sim and self monitor the system yourself.
    I have sent you a P.M. re the code needed to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stacker20

Hi I'm cancelling my phonewatch system tomorrow renewal is 25th of this month where it has gone from €25 p/m to €32 euro. What is the engineer code I may need. And also I'm on a GSM network no landline. So sick of this company with there overcharging and plus €150 to change batteries that they reckon are low. Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

We are no longer allowed offer help with acquiring engineer codes here. You can request it off Phonewatch . Also most good installers would be able to help you with various options here.
    There is also plenty of help on YouTube for Simon 3 panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stacker20

KoolKid wrote: »
    We are no longer allowed offer help with acquiring engineer codes here. You can request it off Phonewatch . Also most good installers would be able to help you with various options here.
    There is also plenty of help on YouTube for Simon 3 panels.

OK thanks for getting back to me I think I may have figured it out. But need some more digging about to figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

have a look at the manual. They are a very very basic panel. no proper event log just a status button which can be used to clear events. you cant even figure out at what time the alarm may have triggered at unless you have it monitored or setup to ring your phone. youd honestly be better off having that panel removed but keep all your wireless detectors. I dont know how it even passes for a grade 2 let alone grade 1.

It passes as a grade 2 because it meets all the requirements. It's not missing anything to prevent that. Why would you not know how it meets that grade???

Advertisement