Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Atomic Amps

• 11-01-2005 7:21pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever hear of these things? Designed to take a Pod and not colour it. Seems pretty cool.

http://www.atomicamps.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Yeah i saw them in total guitar i think. They look cool. Quite pricey though i'd imagine

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

$500 + a harness for your effects processor :(

Thats not too bad for an all valve power section. Did you get the fender 212 yet

Not yet. The ME-50 and Microcube still aren't in stock :(

It's only an 18W amp though but still, that'd be ****ing loud!

Are you ordering from thomann....? Oh i ordered my microcube! We should start a club for microcubers!

• Advertisement

Musik Productiv

I told Thomann to go **** themselves about the credit card thing

Yes, I should be the head of the Micro Cube club :D

I'm not familiar with that site, what are the prices like?. Thats the photocopying your card crap i presume?

http://www.musik-produktiv.de

They're slightly cheaper than Thomann and they don't have that stupid €23 delivery regardless.

Yeah, the photocopying thing. They had the CC number linked with the account but they wouldn't just check my order history.

fec.kin idiots. I thought they had pretty good customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

feylya wrote:
    Anyone ever hear of these things? Designed to take a Pod and not colour it. Seems pretty cool.

It seems like a great idea for exactly the reasons they say, but they're a little sparce on the details. As a 1x12, I'd guess it's only a twin valve power stage (+ 12A_7 phase inverter). And probably that's a pair of EL84s, which would make it not especially cheap for the price (but still not overly expensive). It's a pity it's not a 2x12, but I suspect that would require bumping up the powerstage or they'd have done it.

Personally, I think someone should make a dedicated valve/digital modelling amp. With an ADC -> DSP -> DAC right between the two valves of the preamp. That'd rock. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

thanks for reminding me about musik produktiv feylya, i'd completely forgotten they existed!

the Microcube will come at the end of January. The ME-50 will be delivered
    middle of january.

That's the newest update on my stuff.

Eoin, design one so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Dunno if I'd go for one of these at all. Pods are nice but they don't rock my world at all. Part of the charm of a good amp is how it colours the sound.

But a lot of people get a round their really happy with from a POD then they run it through an amp and colour the sound so it doesn't sound like they wanted.

Indeed. Each to their own. Just not for me.

Can we see the day where the likes of Dorans or whatever have a backline of these and each band just bring their own sound modulators in and off they go.

Make the engineers life a whole lot easier, I suppose, but at the expense of rock and roll?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

a lot of people get a round their really happy with from a POD then they run it through an amp

Feylya, you shouldnt be posting on boards minutes after you crawl out of bed :D What are you sayin...??

(or maybe i just need another coffee :confused: )

Ancient1 wrote:
    Feylya, you shouldnt be posting on boards minutes after you crawl out of bed :D What are you sayin...??

Amen brother! Can I get a witness? :p

I'm still in bed tbh....

Yes, it's another time of day I shouldn't post. God help me if I wake up drunk and start posting :eek:

Dunno, i think i'd take a Bad Cat amp any day over that Atomic one....

Bad Cat? Remind me...

• Advertisement

check out www.badcatamps.com

bad-ass amps!

Nice. Have you seen Dr. Z?

Dr Z is insane.

Nope, first time i hear about it.

Looks very good...

feylya wrote:
    Dr Z is insane.

Much like Dr J :)

Dr J Amps? I can't see it personally.

Hmm, maybe we should get up a boutique amp club on boards...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

feylya wrote:
    Eoin, design one so.

Okay, I'll design the amp if you design the DSP. ;)

Advertisement