Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Fingers crossed she'll arrive before Thursday javagal. :) x

OMG I'm so full.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Well holy rollercoaster! G'wan Tipp!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Best of luck Javagal! xx
    This time next week, baby Coffeebean will be here regardless, yippee. :)
    I hope she comes earlier for you, Java.. when is your birthday?

Nooo, Links! Don't pierce your septum! Only a total rebel would get such a piercing! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

So lads....

I went out with a few from work over the weekend. It wasn't a work night out though. A guy that works in the same company as me was there, not on my team though, not even the same department.

...anyway, he thought it would be HIGH-LARIOUS to grab my vagina. First time he did it I roared at him not to do it again. Second time I warned him I would knock him out. Told my friends who are friends of his and they told him to stay away from me.

Came back a few mins later and he went straight for my fooking gowl so I went bat sh!t crazy and punched the sh!t outta his face.

4 stitches.

Am I gonna be fooked in work now?

Fingers crossed she'll arrive before Thursday javagal. :) x

OMG I'm so full.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

What age is he?

I don't think you're fooked in work, I think he's fooked in work. If it were me I would go to your supervisor/manager on Monday to explain the situation, not to get in there before him or anything like that, more to make them aware of what kind of animal they have working for them.

I see nothing wrong with how you defended yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

stench bottoms wtf! how did he think he'd get away with that.
    you were dead right to do what you did!

thanks for the well wishes links,Jane and posy. my birthday is Tuesday week. best birthday present ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just realized I've been spending €120 a MONTH on protein supplements from the Motivation crowd. Sure, they work an' all but this is an absolute rip off!
    I said to myself "Enough's enough" so I popped into Holland & Barretts in Omni today to see if I could find a cheaper alternetive. Came out with a massive barrell of whey protein powder which only cost €22 but will last me at least 2-3 months! :D
    My current goal is to drop from a 47 1/2" waist to a more managable 38" but I need to step up my excercise regime. Currently, all I do in the way of excercise is walk the dog around the park for 20-30 minutes about 3-4 times a week. A mate of mine suggested using wrist and ankle weights to increase the cardio work out so I might try that.

I'd love to do aqua aerobics but as I wear hearing aids that are not waterproof, I can't hear the instructor and thus, I have no clue how to swim unless it involves hanging onto the edge of the shallow end and kicking my legs out. :/

Another family friend has kindly offered to give me free Kettlebell training classes as a thanks for putting up flyers but the classes are all the way in Poppintree Park and I don't know how to get there.
    Hrrrmmm... I just want to be able to fit into a pair of size 38" flares from Eager Beaver. I HAVE to own a pair of plaid bondage trousers. Fo' serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

So lads....

I went out with a few from work over the weekend. It wasn't a work night out though. A guy that works in the same company as me was there, not on my team though, not even the same department.

...anyway, he thought it would be HIGH-LARIOUS to grab my vagina. First time he did it I roared at him not to do it again. Second time I warned him I would knock him out. Told my friends who are friends of his and they told him to stay away from me.

Came back a few mins later and he went straight for my fooking gowl so I went bat sh!t crazy and punched the sh!t outta his face.

4 stitches.

No! In fact, I'd say you have a pretty good case for sexual harassment! What an idiot! Some people shouldn't drink! Good on ya though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

It wasn't a work night,you weren't representative of the company, it was a breach of your personal space (self defence) so no, (from what little I remember of HR), you shouldn't have any consequences in work. that said, they may ask you in to account for yourself/explain what happened but I think (check to be 100%), you're ok.

• Advertisement

What age is he?

I don't think you're fooked in work, I think he's fooked in work. If it were me I would go to your supervisor/manager on Monday to explain the situation, not to get in there before him or anything like that, more to make them aware of what kind of animal they have working for them.

I see nothing wrong with how you defended yourself.

I'd say he's in his 30s.

I would prefer to keep it out of work but at the same time I would like to tell my manager.

I don't know the guy very well so I'm not sure if he's the type to bring this into work or not.

The lad that cleared up his face told me that he hadn't a clue what had happened him.

My hand is f'in killing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

So lads....

4 stitches.

You might get a written warning or final warning (even tho you havent had any before). Just because you hit someone. But he will get it worse than you for what he did.

The other problem with this now is the OH is going crazy.

He wants me to get his number. He said if I don't give it to him he'll just find it himself. eek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'd say he's in his 30s.

I would prefer to keep it out of work but at the same time I would like to tell my manager.

I don't know the guy very well so I'm not sure if he's the type to bring this into work or not.

The lad that cleared up his face told me that he hadn't a clue what had happened him.

My hand is f'in killing me.

In his thirties and thinking that's hilarious :confused: what a tool

If it were me I would tell either my supervisor/manager, I wouldn't feel at ease working alongside him after that.

He wants me to get his number. He said if I don't give it to him he'll just find it himself. eek.
    Let on that the other lads there took care of it for you ;)

Ella Bella wrote: »
    Let on that the other lads there took care of it for you ;)

Told him that already but he's having none of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ChtuluDawn

My 2c.

You should consider speaking to the Gardai about this.At the end of the day,he sexually assaulted you,more than once.

At the very least you should speak to management at work first thing tomorrow.Ideally you want your manager and someone from HR there at the same time and explain fully the situation.You did nothing wrong and tbh you did well to restrain yourself for as long as you did.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

He'd have got a smack from me the first time he did it. It didn't happen in work so there should be no issue, unless it's seen as brining the company down, unless they paid for the night out it really shouldn't have anything to do with them.

My bro in law smacked someone he worked with a few years ago. Guy he smacked got sacked for causing trouble.

Told him that already but he's having none of it.
    Oh crap, Stenchy! Tell him you'll get in trouble in work if he does anything?

Ella Bella wrote: »
    Oh crap, Stenchy! Tell him you'll get in trouble in work if he does anything?

I think that's what I'm gonna go with because it's true.

Talking to his friend now. He doesn't remember what happened. He thinks he fell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Jesus Stench Blossoms. Once would have been bad enough... but repeatedly?! Straightforward self-defense from the sound of it, and I'd hope your work would be more concerned about his actions than anything you did.

Hopefully your OH will calm down enough to not make things worse, but I can understand his anger!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hopy crap Stenchy. I'd ring work first thing and make an appointment to talk to HR about the incident. It happened outside of work, so there is probably nothing they can do to either of you, but make it known that you don't feel comfortable.

I'd also talk to the gardai today if you can. I know when you're one of the players, it's hard to see. But he sexually assaulted you and you struck out in self defense. Don't worry about getting yourself in trouble, because you won't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

stenchy that is repeated sexual assault. go to the guards, and talk to HR first thing. seriously.
    you won't get in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just caught Stench Blossom's post. Jesus H Christ on a motorbike! I would've grabbed his testicles and twisted as hard as I could in retailation. That **** does not abide! Get yourself straight onto the Guarda. Is there any CCTV footage to back you up?

Jesus that lad sounds like a complete effin' idiot Stench Blossoms. I'd agree with going straight to your manager on Monday morning and explaining the situation. Not sure about what you should do about your OH. It's understandable he wants to protect you but I don't think getting his number is the best thing to do.. Hope you're okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

So lads....

4 stitches.

Not if you go talk to HR/your manager about it. You had a perfectly viable reaction to behaviour that was totally out of line!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

If you're going to speak to Gardaí, do it as soon as possible. You said that he doesn't remember it, that he thinks he fell, but if he knows now that you hit him he could decide to report you so you'd be better off getting in first.

Very good advice from WN there. If you have someone that could go to the station with you Stenchy it might be a help, especially if they witnessed what happened.

Thanks for all the advice folks :)

I'll let you know what I decide to do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thanks for all the advice folks :)

I'll let you know what I decide to do.

Oh and *hugs*

What a horrible experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement