Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

silverbolt wrote: »
    yeah thats what i did, is not the toons so much - its the gold thats gone

With the gold you make now doing quests post WOTLK you make a fair amount fairly quick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Confirmed release date - 13th November 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

orcs. orcs everywhere

also no alliance love

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That was pretty cool. They really do know their cinematics, and it's great to see the characters i grew up with. Looking forward to seeing what it's like.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to seeing Draenor before the Burning Legion split it up :)

Now ill just have to convince my missus that this will be JUST as important as my newborn due around the same time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Vicxas wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing Draenor before the Burning Legion split it up :)

Now ill just have to convince my missus that this will be JUST as important as my newborn due around the same time ;)

My baby is three weeks old now, I've already found a buyer for her to pay for the expansion and a sub... Prioritise! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

orcs. orcs everywhere

also no alliance love

Well as this is an alternate reality and not a replacement for the current universe all of what happened to the alliance still happens. The only thing they could have done is had something to do with Draenai.

As they are doing mini series like shaoshao it could still have Draenai vids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Disappointed no draenei were shown but still cool. The more I see the more likely i am to buy.

So there won't really be any alliance presence in this expansion, will there? Or will the Dark Portal actually be built and we'll see another invasion?

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    So there won't really be any alliance presence in this expansion, will there? Or will the Dark Portal actually be built and we'll see another invasion?

The draenei are involved and the alliance are helping them. No idea how though.

The Draenei story changes as you would expect the horde from this alternative universe build up the iron horde and come out at our current point in time (after mop), this cinematic just illustrates where it all started.

The current universe hord and alliance (players) go through the portal in an attempt to shut it down, alliance team up with Draenei, horde with the frost wolves. We the get left behind to destroy the iron horde to stop them invading our Azeroth.

The cinematic is only really illustrating one of the key moments in which garrison changes the events of the alternative past.

Ah ok, so it's everyone against the Hellscreams/Iron Horde?

Can't wait to see the likes of Grom, Gul'Dan and other old school characters. Wonder if the Alliance side will change much, and if the events of Wrath will have taken place. Possibly an uncorrupted Arthas and a not dead Uther appearing?

Ah ok, so it's everyone against the Hellscreams/Iron Horde?

Can't wait to see the likes of Grom, Gul'Dan and other old school characters. Wonder if the Alliance side will change much, and if the events of Wrath will have taken place. Possibly an uncorrupted Arthas and a not dead Uther appearing?

Yes this is an alternative universe linked to our present day world, the events that changed the alternative universe or where the timeline splits is in the past.

The alternative universe is only on the horde side because it happened in draenor, the use the portal technology to link to our universe, so arthas and most alliance heroes will have the same fate in fact they are killing off some of our heroes who were on draenor in the alternative universe but also alive in our timeline so they stop duplication.

So do the Orcs still open the Dark Portal around the same time as our timeline? Or do they not appear at all until after MOP? If they don't appear till now, then wouldn't the Burning Legions invasion be totally different?

Time travel makes me go cross eyed...

So do the Orcs still open the Dark Portal around the same time as our timeline? Or do they not appear at all until after MOP? If they don't appear till now, then wouldn't the Burning Legions invasion be totally different?

Time travel makes me go cross eyed...

Yes the orc's still open the darkportal in our timeline at the exact point they did before so all events that have happened so far play out as normal. Our history has not changed one bit.

What happens is
    the greendragon's have a faction who aren't happy they are no longer immortal and have lost a good bit of their power, they team up (mainly kairoz hes on timeless isle) with wraithon who is a bit butthurt that Varian didnt destroy the horde at the end of the siege of ogrimmar.

Wrathion's goal was to have one army in azeroth that would be strong enough to take on the burning legion but what he fails to see is the horde and alliance are strong because of each other not and without one the other would be weak (hence why it is speculated that in the alternative universe the azeroth has been taken over by the burning legion.

Long story short Kairos and Wrathion team up with the female leader of the dragonmaw (forget her name but she apparently is pregnant with Garroshs baby) and they bust Garrosh out, take all his technological designs from SOO and they go back in time to draenor. However its not our universe its an alternative version (they have just said that it happens because it happens they havent explained further so the lore buff's are like WTF)

They link the alternative universe to our current day, after the events of MOP and the warcrime trial of garrosh. I would assume the reasoning is that wrathion gets his army strong enough to take out the legion, this is backed up by Grom killing Mannoroth years before he was supposed too.

Health warning on the above, i may have got some details wrong but you get a general sense of whats going on.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Yes the orc's still open the darkportal in our timeline at the exact point they did before so all events that have happened so far play out as normal. Our history has not changed one bit.

What happens is
    the greendragon's have a faction who aren't happy they are no longer immortal and have lost a good bit of their power, they team up (mainly kairoz hes on timeless isle) with wraithon who is a bit butthurt that Varian didnt destroy the horde at the end of the siege of ogrimmar.

Wrathion's goal was to have one army in azeroth that would be strong enough to take on the burning legion but what he fails to see is the horde and alliance are strong because of each other not and without one the other would be weak (hence why it is speculated that in the alternative universe the azeroth has been taken over by the burning legion.

Long story short Kairos and Wrathion team up with the female leader of the dragonmaw (forget her name but she apparently is pregnant with Garroshs baby) and they bust Garrosh out, take all his technological designs from SOO and they go back in time to draenor. However its not our universe its an alternative version (they have just said that it happens because it happens they havent explained further so the lore buff's are like WTF)

They link the alternative universe to our current day, after the events of MOP and the warcrime trial of garrosh. I would assume the reasoning is that wrathion gets his army strong enough to take out the legion, this is backed up by Grom killing Mannoroth years before he was supposed too.

Health warning on the above, i may have got some details wrong but you get a general sense of whats going on.

Where was this explained? War Crimes?

Best overview i can find is

It uses a combination of the books (warcrimes), twitter from blizzard lore managers, and from the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

So anyone else see'ing this as a sneaky cool way to bring back arthas ?

Lone Stone wrote: »
    So anyone else see'ing this as a sneaky cool way to bring back arthas ?

No because they will bring Illidian back before they bring Arthas.

• Advertisement

I doubt we will be seeing any non orc or draenei people from the past. The new portal is being built to connect to the original timeline we all know so unless another portal is made between draenor and old azeroth then nobody there knows any of this is happening. Maybe with the legion Medivh will get involved but I doubt it.

How long does it take to level from 85-90? I'm torn between getting my Paladin or Warlock to 90, or sticking with any of the alts i have. I've also very little gold, so levelling might be best. How much would you generally earn from 85-90?

And has anyone who bought the game used their free lvl90 boost?

How long does it take to level from 85-90? I'm torn between getting my Paladin or Warlock to 90, or sticking with any of the alts i have. I've also very little gold, so levelling might be best. How much would you generally earn from 85-90?

And has anyone who bought the game used their free lvl90 boost?

At the moment, quite a long time, I dont think they've nerfed the XP between 85-90 yet (although correct me if I'm wrong, someone). The MoP questlines are quite cool so if you have time, I'd advise you to do some questing if you havent seen them yet. Lots of gold to be made, usually between 10g and 20g per quest.

Used my free boost alright. The free boost is best used for a character at level 60 or above because you also get your professions maxed. If you boost a new character or character below level 60 you'll be left with low level professions.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    At the moment, quite a long time, I dont think they've nerfed the XP between 85-90 yet (although correct me if I'm wrong, someone). The MoP questlines are quite cool so if you have time, I'd advise you to do some questing if you havent seen them yet. Lots of gold to be made, usually between 10g and 20g per quest.

Used my free boost alright. The free boost is best used for a character at leve6 60 or above because you also get your professions maxed. If you boost a new character or character below level 60 you'll be left with low level professions.

I was under the impression they have nerfed it, I don't have a source in it but i have around 8 level 90's and it's fairly simple to get to it now.

You should make anywhere between 7-10k depending on the amount of quests you do if you level.

When you use your level 90 make sure to use it on a level 60+ char as you get free professions which normally sap your gold.

Ah, so if you're above lvl60 you get your professions boosted to max is it? I was going to just boost a lvl1, but grinding professions might be a pain. Can you still level Enchanting by running low level instances?

I need gold, so i might level my lvl 83 Paladin by questing in that case. Probably about time too, as he was my original character back in the day.

Ah, so if you're above lvl60 you get your professions boosted to max is it? I was going to just boost a lvl1, but grinding professions might be a pain. Can you still level Enchanting by running low level instances?

I need gold, so i might level my lvl 83 Paladin by questing in that case. Probably about time too, as he was my original character back in the day.

Yeah well you can level it by running dungeons/questing and disenchanting any green items you come across. Its a right pain though, levelling professions to max level. Think they are talking about being able to ease the pain of levelling professions a bit but I dont know if they are planning on making enchanting any easier.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Yeah well you can level it by running dungeons/questing and disenchanting any green items you come across. Its a right pain though, levelling professions to max level. Think they are talking about being able to ease the pain of levelling professions a bit but I dont know if they are planning on making enchanting any easier.

If you have the level boost, it's so much better than trying to level through dungeons.

They are going to make it easier I believe the garrisons in wod will have some sort of minion that will do the grunt work for you.

You certainly make a fair amount of cash from levelling. Got from 83 to 85 on my Paladin last night (think you rested XP), and made around 1200g. It's about the only way to make money on the server i'm playing on at the moment, as no one seems to be buying anything.

It's bloody weird not being able to fly in Pandaria though.

You certainly make a fair amount of cash from levelling. Got from 83 to 85 on my Paladin last night (think you rested XP), and made around 1200g. It's about the only way to make money on the server i'm playing on at the moment, as no one seems to be buying anything.

It's bloody weird not being able to fly in Pandaria though.

Best get used to it for Draenor. I'm about to head to Pandaria with my pala tank, just gonna dungeon it from 85-90. I've levelled too many times there to care anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

so what is everyone's plans for wod ? will you be focusing on pve or pvp ? hardcore or casual ?

Advertisement