Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Katunga wrote: »

Song won't be playing...he has a "knock"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Any observations?

£2.5 left in bank

Playing 3-5-2

Bold = Playing

Bracket = Sub
    DDG (Henderson)

A. Cole Zabaletta Hangeland (McCartney & Stam)

Yaya Lampard Valencia Noble Kacaniklic

Torres (capt) Aguero Pogrebnyak

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Song won't be playing...he has a "knock"

Will Allen play? I haven't looked into it in any detail but something like 1/4 of people have picked him. If he starts tomorrow then surely he should be in your starting 11? Away at West Brom is a good chance to pick up points.

If he's just a benchwarmer then why waste 5.5m when you can spend 4.5m for someone just as good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

team for tomorrow,im very happy with it :)

Dea Gea

Rafael
    Zabaleta
    Gorkess

Bale
    Kagawa
    Hazard
    Corzola
    Michu

Teves
    Torres captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

iba wrote: »
    Any observations?

£2.5 left in bank

Playing 3-5-2

Bold = Playing

Bracket = Sub
    DDG (Henderson)

A. Cole Zabaletta Hangeland (McCartney & Stam)

Yaya Lampard Valencia Noble Kacaniklic

Torres (capt) Aguero Pogrebnyak

Lampard and Valencia are real rotation risks imo and maybe you could use the extra cash to upgrade from Pogrebnyak. Danny Graham is only a million dearer and proved himself last season and who knows how Reading are going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

rsz_1sexy_team.jpg

i see you've gone for a 2-3-1!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

tomissex wrote: »
    Ok how's this?

ffteam.png

Changed Kagawa to Cazorla and Krul to Mignolet. Still 2m in bank to swap out Torres if necessary. Any thoughts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

roryc wrote: »
    Looks like this is my team going into tomorrow.

I expect Cazorla to play. Similar with Michu, he's played in all three of Swansea's pre-season friendlies, for a minimum of 70 mins in each. He scored and got an assist against Blackpool too, seems to link up well with Danny Graham.

My backline and GK should all start. I can't find much info on whether Mata will start both games though, and I'm still unsure whether he's the better choice over Hazard. If I make any more changes it will probably be to swap these two.

Larsson gets the nod over Noble in the starting 11 - I can see Sunderland scoring against Arsenal and with Sess unlikely to play he should be central to any Sunderland attacks.

After Week 1 I'll probably be getting rid of one of my Chelsea players. Could be any of the three really, depends on how each are playing and what position I want to bring players in. May need to move fast though as Rooney will rise if he scores against Everton, and I have 2m in the bank which will only cover the exact transfer.

Last time De Gea faced Everton he let in 4, and they were at home then.
    Jaaskalinen is at home to Villa.

Here is my starting eleven and squad.

7801461788_684ff276bc.jpg

EDIT:
    Jussi
    Williams----Cole A----Coloccini----Lescott
    Noble---Walters---Sinclair
    Podolski----Torres----RVP
    Subs:
    DeGea---Larsson---Johnston---Shawcross

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Schwarzer

Clark
    Zabalata
    Cole

Van de Vaart
    Walters
    Toure
    Mata

Bent
    Torres
    Tevez

Subs:
    Ruddy
    Noble
    McCarthy
    Clyne

All comments welcome, plan to get Mata out in GW 3, and bring in a cheaper midfielder and use the money to upgrade one of y strikers, hopefully we will have an idea of who will be starting for Man U by then.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Last time De Gea faced Everton he let in 4, and they were at home then.
    Jaaskalinen is at home to Villa.

Here is my starting eleven and squad.

7801461788_684ff276bc.jpg

True, but have you seen Uniteds pre season vs West Hams? WH are leaking goals and United have been fairly solid. Add to that the return of Vidic. I'd prefer to base it on current form rather than one game.

United could concede but they are much more likely than WH to keep a CS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

roryc wrote: »
    True, but have you seen Uniteds pre season vs West Hams? WH are leaking goals and United have been fairly solid. Add to that the return of Vidic. I'd prefer to base it on current form rather than one game.

United could concede but they are much more likely than WH to keep a CS.

Touche.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ballynothing

any thoughts on this team?
    screenshot.png

any thoughts on this team?
    screenshot.png

Having one Reading defender is a risk. You have 3. Its tough to look further than this! Get rid of Pearce and Hart. Bear in mind that in week three Chelsea + reading have no game, there goes 5 of your players.

The team is far too reliant on MF + FW, defence is really, really bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Dea Gea

Rafael
    Zabaleta
    Gorkess

Bale
    Kagawa
    Hazard
    Corzola
    Michu

Teves
    Torres captain

I think your midfield as too many new players and unknown entities. IMO better to start off with the old reliables and check who is starting, where they playing and form etc in first few gameweeks before transferring them in. For example Kagawa - I'll wait unitl gw2 perhaps to bring in. Instead of Hazard I've Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thoughts? Have 1m in the bank to swap Rooney out for RVP once he settles into the starting 11. Will also be shipping Rafael out once United's defensive injuries start to clear up but think he must be a shoe in to start GW1 at least?

70399691.png

Any thoughts?

DDG (Jussi)

A. Cole (VC) Zabaletta Hangeland (Cuellar & Clyne)

Bale Mata Noble Larsson (Pienaar)

Torres (C) Tevez Graham

1.5m in the bank

keane2097 wrote: »
    Thoughts? Have 1m in the bank to swap Rooney out for RVP once he settles into the starting 11. Will also be shipping Rafael out once United's defensive injuries start to clear up but think he must be a shoe in to start GW1 at least?

70399691.png

I'd be worried about Rooney in GW1, like to see how deep Fergie's going to play him. Also will Rafael start?

I'd be worried about Rooney in GW1, like to see how deep Fergie's going to play him. Also will Rafael start?

RVP is unlikely to start so Rooney is sure to play up top, he's gone after GW1.

Evans, Jones and Smalling all injured so Rafael is the only available senior right back. He's gone as soon as they get players back in.

I mentioned both points in my post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrWinner

RVP is unlikely to start so Rooney is sure to play up top, he's gone after GW1.

Evans, Jones and Smalling all injured so Rafael is the only available senior right back. He's gone as soon as they get players back in.

I mentioned both points in my post above.

Valencia will be dropping into right-back. Who would gamble on Rafael for the sake of 1 week away at Everton anyway!!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

This is my final team.

d592d9fea7c38211d587749a2ea9b260.png?1345210129

I brought in De Gea for United defense cover as there is risk of rotation in the United defense this year.

I'm very happy with my cheap back line and I'm not very fond of spending big in defense as it had let me down a number of times.

I'm taking huge gambles with Cazorla, Kagawa and Michu but this is a game where gambles have to be made. I have Bale as I can see him scoring some points with his tasty fixtures.

Torres has a lot to prove in the EPL this season and with him scoring against City in the shield shows that he can score goals again. Tevez is another gamble but at 9.0 he is a steal in my opinion and Pog as well at 5.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

more headaches...Bosingwa sign for QPR so what does that mean for Fabio?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

There appears to be a lot of love for Swansea and Newcastle players - am I the only one who can't see a repeat of last season's heroics from either team? I'd be looking towards Aston Villa and Sunderland to be the overachievers this season.

MrWinner wrote: »
    Valencia will be dropping into right-back. Who would gamble on Rafael for the sake of 1 week away at Everton anyway!!?

Who would you recommend as an alternative? Probably not going to be able to cover Man United clean sheets with the current line up unless I swap Hart out for De Gea and bring in Lescott or Clichy or something...

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    This is my final team.

until 11:29 tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

manual_man wrote: »
    until 11:29 tomorrow :pac:
    Haha, yeah.

razor425 wrote: »
    There appears to be a lot of love for Swansea and Newcastle players - am I the only one who can't see a repeat of last season's heroics from either team? I'd be looking towards Aston Villa and Sunderland to be the overachievers this season.

would have looked at one or two from Newcastle, but i think Europa League participation will affect them this year - alot of extra fixtures. have Michu, and might get Graham, Swans have been banging in the goals pre season (though conceding quite alot too)

MrWinner wrote: »
    Who would you recommend as an alternative? Probably not going to be able to cover Man United clean sheets with the current line up unless I swap Hart out for De Gea and bring in Lescott or Clichy or something...

i.e :

58668879.png

Still leaves me the money in the bank to swap RVP in for Rooney once RVP begins to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

217405.JPG

I've gambled with Cazorla as well, Torres hasn't the burden of Drogba this season so hopefully he can find some confidence and start scoring regularly.

Etherington has been a pick for me the last 4 seasons, always a solid points scorer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭galteeboy

What ye think, any opinions? Still have £3.5 million left to make any changes too

De Gea

Cole, Zabaleta,Evra

Walters Guthrie Ramires(v) Kagawa

Torres(c) Graham Aguero

Subs:Begovic,demel, Ryan bennet, Britton

Advertisement