Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway Technical institute

Options
  • 11-05-2012 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi.

I have applied to Galway Technical institute. they say the interviews are on the 23rd to the end of the month. I have yet to receive an email when mine is.

If anyone has applied there for the 2012/2013 year can you please reply if you have gotten one yet. I am bit worried :(

Many thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

Seank19 wrote: »
    Hi.

I have applied to Galway Technical institute. they say the interviews are on the 23rd to the end of the month. I have yet to receive an email when mine is.

If anyone has applied there for the 2012/2013 year can you please reply if you have gotten one yet. I am bit worried :(

Many thanks
    :)

They leave ya waiting but they will get back to ya, I was in the same boat last year, what course have you applied for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Seank19

Information technology.

Im only like because last they didn't send me an email last year stating when I was starting and I missed out on a bit. so I took a year out. I proberly wait till tue/wens, and give em a call if I hear nothing.

Thanks for reply btw :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 23 karend93

Hi i'm the same waiting, any reply yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

I got a text today too, Mine's on the 21st

For me, no I rang them yesterday. they said there server was down and a letter and/or email sometime this week! If i hear nothing by thursday, I shall ring again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

I got a text today, my interview is on Tuesday.
    My brother also applied and his interview is next Wednesday.

Unfortunatly.. I cannot get a text since applying I had to get a new number :( but I will wait till tommorow or thursday till I call again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iiconnorii

Got a txt yesterday and mines on Tuesday aswell but can anyone tell me is it any good. Doing Information technology aswell.. Would ballinode in sligo be just be as good as GTI???

I got a letter today too

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Hey Sean (and everyone else)
    I applied for IT aswell! I got a text a couple days ago saying my interview is on tuesday but nothing since and no emails, getting worried now but should be grand!
    Best of luck on it too, I really need this course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SJPK

CRAP!!!
    got text on Friday, my interview for security studies is on tomorrow!!! :0
    has anyone done the interview, whats it like? Oh and is it a snazzy slacks, shirt n tie job or will jeans, shirt/jumper dealy do??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jack1892

iv mine tomorrow. dunno what there gonna ask.

Jack1892 wrote: »
    iv mine tomorrow. dunno what there gonna ask.

Don't mean to be overly nosy or stalkerish but ah... What will yer attire consist of, suit, jeans...?? Oh and ah which course r yea down for?? ;)

SJPK wrote: »
    CRAP!!!
    got text on Friday, my interview for security studies is on tomorrow!!! :0
    has anyone done the interview, whats it like? Oh and is it a snazzy slacks, shirt n tie job or will jeans, shirt/jumper dealy do??

Shirt & Jeans type clothes,
    What time is yours at?

11... i think... where's that letter....!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Artlovermc

I've completed the fashion course in GTI this year and decided it wasnt for me. Ive applied for the art prep course in GTI this year and im so worried i wont get in as my attendance was bad cus i was sick a lot. It's the only course i've applied to, the panic is setting in :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭Densino

Hi
    does anyone know when round 2 offers come out?
    I only applied yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shinnyjosiedan

Offers for GTI for those interviewed in May are being sent out from next week. If you don't receive an offer next week, chances are that you are on a waiting list for your chosen course. If a place arises on the course from a student not accepting a place, then the place will be filled from the waiting list. There will be more interviews starting on the 27th Aug.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭Densino

Oh so Its probably unlikely I'll get a place then :(

I got a letter from gti today. Basically all I got was two bank giros saying if I don't have them paid in 2 weeks I forfeit my place. Is this usually how they let people know they have a place?? Seems very odd to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

I got a letter from gti today. Basically all I got was two bank giros saying if I don't have them paid in 2 weeks I forfeit my place. Is this usually how they let people know they have a place?? Seems very odd to me

Yep thats it! GTi are a bit all over the place but you'll get use to it! once you pay your registration fee sometime in august you will be sent a text and an email stating what time and date your induction is.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Jaysis!
    What course did you get? Still nothing back for me about the IT course. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

If you don't get the course do they send something anyway? a rejection letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bobby21clare

Hey guys. I also got the bank giro out for my place in pre nursing course. All excited now only where do you stay thats near by. I live In Ennis so will have to stay in Galway instead of travelling every day. Wana stay where other gti students be staying to make friends etc haha

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Amy111

Hi I got my bank giro too I was accepted into fashion industry practice course :) I will be looking for somewhere to live cus im from Kerry and know no one in Galway. Want to share with students aswel, preferably GTI students. Bobby21clare maybe we can sort something out? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DarylV

I got a letter from GTI myself with just two forms telling me to pay them or I will forfeit my place. I assume once it is payed you have nothing to worry about. I am from Offaly so I gotta move over there myself, so if anyone wants to try get some accommodation then look me up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Steve93

I just done my interview on the 28th of August. It went very well :) and the following morning, they had given me the place. I'm a happy man now that I got what I want. I hope everyone gets what they want. My course is Information Technology.

Does anyone know what the deal is with induction/registration. My registration is Monday at 10. Does that mean it'll be straight into classes next week too or will that be the following week? I can't get through to them on the phone at all and my boss wants to know if I can work next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jade193

Hi guys,

I have applied for the fashion industry practice and I was wondering is there any preparation I should do and what questions will be asked? also what's the dress code like for the interview you may have done it in the past or know somebody who has!

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement