Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scrubs - Season 9 (US) [**Spoilers**]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Spot on Captain!

As much as people found his character irritating in later seasons (how many times can one character fall over in one episode?!), Zach Braff's JD is the lynch-pin of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I stopped watching Scrubs sometime around the Michael J Fox episodes (not sure which season), but I just caught the start of season nine episode one...
    when did JD & Elliot get together & is the baby his ?

Do I need to go get the box set ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

iMax wrote: »
    Do I need to go get the box set ?
    You're only 5 and a half seasons behind.

Michael J Fox's episode were mid-way through season 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

WOW.... I missed some & then some...

So this whole med school thing, is it a new show ? Basically is it worth my while investing my time in it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

of course ! :) its scrubs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Dave Franco as Cole however, I just wanted to punch in the face, which is a shame as his brother James Franco is a fantastic actor.
    In the first scene I thought "wow, it's James Franco", but then it zoomed in and I didn't know who he was. The character was a dick from then on though. I didn't know James had a brother.

I thought it wasn't terrible, in fact maybe a little better the last few seasons. I'll give it another few episodes to see if any of the new characters grow on me.

JD will probably disappear when Elliot has the baby... 7 months along, so another 8 weeks? Didn't I read somewhere Braff will be in it for 7 episodes? That'd coincide.

It makes his grand farewell last season totally pointless now, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Full body wax 5

I too am undecided. I like it but wont be surprised to see it flop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It's done poor in the ratings, average at best....tis only on 'cause they need more eps. for syndication.....why can't they put this dog down for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

tis only on 'cause they need more eps. for syndication.....

That can't be true... US shows go into syndication after 100 episodes... Scrubs has been on for 9 years and has had way more than 100 eps...

• Advertisement

The best thing Braff has done was to get Rachel Bilson to do a sex scene!, the in DVD commentary she laughed his his um, acting skillz.

You've clearly never seen Braff's directorial debut Garden State Richard? An excellent film!

basquille wrote: »
    You've clearly never seen Braff's directorial debut Garden State Richard? An excellent film!

I did, and enjoyed it...The Last Word wasn't that bad either, i rented it for Bilson tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Female JD is hot:P

All these new characters remind me of other characters and actors.

Female JD is hot.. but she looks like Heather Graham mixed with Madeline Zima. Dale is a mixture of Keith and also Garrity from Rescue Me. The Aussie chick I was sure was the Aussie chick from the first Transformers.. but alas no!

Thought Franco's brother was the perfect mix of obnoxious and arsehole.. the scene with "lactose intoli" gave me a giggle.

Overall.. not hugely impressed! :( Too many recycled jokes ("EAAAGLE!", "Guy Love" *)

* loved the original version.. but bringing it back just reeked of desperation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

It didn't totally suck as I thought it would but that's not saying much. The comments that it is not different enough are spot on - once Braff's guest stint is over, it will crumble very fast if it does not start focusing more on the new characters (and he only has 4-5 episodes left now, right?).

And most annoyingly, it does negate the ending of season 8 pretty much - I wish they had not brought Braff back at all for this season.

Interesting to see the "Med School" sub-title, but it barely registers on screen during the credits - again, I could accept things a bit more if this was billed as a direct spin-off but ABC is clearly looking at it as season 9 of "classic" Scrubs (everywhere even lists it that way).

If the ratings are weak as Richard mentioned earlier, I really don't see it sticking around long - ABC has had pretty good success with comedies this year with Modern Family, The Middle and - shockingly - Cougar Town, so do they really need to hang on to an ailing comedy that much?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I dont know if i want to watch it. I loved the way they ended season 8, and i think i'd almost rather leave it on that high note. I probably will end up watching it at some stage, but we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Kiith wrote: »
    I dont know if i want to watch it. I loved the way they ended season 8, and i think i'd almost rather leave it on that high note. I probably will end up watching it at some stage, but we'll see.

Wow somebody got their little heart broken! And now acts like an obssessive girl over what was and what could've been!

/really I'm talking about myself :( I miss Scrubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

I'm seemingly in the minority here, but I thought it was very, very good. Cox was on fire, and I enjoyed Kelso's couple of cameos. There was a lot of chuckle moments, and a couple of laugh-out-loud moments. I enjoyed those two episodes more than the entire seasons 6 + 7.

Plus, anything with Nicky Whelan in it gets my approval:

4512140347a5179207841o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I like the new opening and theme tune, but I don't understand why Zach Braff is in the opening if he is leaving after a few episodes.

It has potential because of Turk and Dr. Cox, but if they weren't in it, I dont think it would last.
    Also, I loved the the Janitors small appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I didnt hate it. There is potential there. I rathered the old theme tune. Janitors ending was kinda cool if not brief. I am gonna stay watchin. I loved this show from the very beginning. Not giving up on it.

That cole guy seems to be a total douche though. Get him out or develop his character quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I think Cox Carried It. I agree that they need to get the focus off of JD but they need to strengthen the other characters first,I felt the rest were about par with the interns of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

I just sat and watched the first two episodes of season 9 now, have to say i quite enjoyed it,some very funny moments. Have to say Cox is a lot scarier now than in previous seasons, his rants are something else:D

I'd be interested to see how it carries though when Braff leaves for go,there's definitely potential with some of the new interns but i guess it depends on how well the character development is worked by the writers. But am holding out some hope for this show yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I thought the last scene of the second episode was hilarious, with JD and Turk singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

Where can I watch the episodes? Where did you guys watch them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

let it die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

H1tmonlii wrote: »
    Where can I watch the episodes? Where did you guys watch them?

I downloaded them. Rules say we cannot tell you where but Google will help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

That....wasn't half bad...

Might watch a few more, see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

Downloaded the first episode. The end scene made me smile because it felt like a real Scrubs moment.
    The lack of Sarah Chalke, The Janitor and the Todd and disappearance of Ted and Carla was awful. The new building makes the show feel new but the new intro sucks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Watchable. Funny. But surely superfluous?

Scrubs peaked in seasons 1 to 4 and bounced back in season 8. But 9 will fall to sh!te when JD leaves tbh.

Advertisement