Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good dermatologist recommendation

• 22-04-2013 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35 Dats_Dope

Any body know any good dermatoligists in galway? im looking to go private and would like to have at least a decent derm for the money, anybody any experiences with any? Thanks in adv.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Ludikrus

I went to Dr. Mary Garvey in the Bon Secours. Few years ago now but I thought she was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭ Wayne Important Puma

Trevor Markham, consultant dermatologist in the Galway Clinic. I think you'll need a referal though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Wompa1

There's a GP just inside Clarenbridge Village as you are driving there from Galway city. She doesn't have the nicest manner but I was warned about that before I got there and appreciated her directness. She diagnosed an allergic reaction I was having every night from a photo I took on my phone, prescribed me medication and had it all cleared in a couple of weeks.

She specialized in Dermatology but is a GP, I searched her out because I didn't want to have to try to see a consultant

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dats_Dope

Trevor Markham, consultant dermatologist in the Galway Clinic. I think you'll need a referal though...
    is he good? i can arrange a referal no problem

Ludikrus wrote: »
    I went to Dr. Mary Garvey in the Bon Secours. Few years ago now but I thought she was very good.

is she good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

+1 for Dr Mary Garvey.

I went private but still needed a referral from my GP. I waited about a month for an appointment, I think (shorter than the expected waiting time anyway). I found her great, really professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭ Wayne Important Puma

Dats_Dope wrote: »
    is he good? i can arrange a referal no problem

I found him quite good, got the results I wanted anway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭jkforde

had some dermatitis recently & went to a herbalist in Health&Herbs on Sea Road... instead of prescribing the usual steroids and creams and lotions she had me on skin repair herbal creams, personalised herbal teas and a slightly changed diet, a few months on I'm totally clear. imho, try to stay away from steroids, they're a short-term fix at best and a gateway drug at worst!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️ | Smart Day/Night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭yer man!

Dats_Dope wrote: »
    is she good?

I found her to be very good, I was seen in about a week after my GP referred me and got the result I wanted so I was happy, initial consultation was €150 but €90 for every check up thereafter. I thought that was pretty good value compared to the 1.5 year public dermatologist waiting list.

thanks for the replies everyone, i asked my doc to refer me to dr. markham in the clinic, i just hope the waiting list isnt long

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

When you get the confirmation letter it could be for an appointment 3 months away. Unfortunately for me from the time the Doctor supposedly sent the referral to the time a confirmation letter was sent out to me was 5 or 6 weeks (or maybe even more). Don't know what party screwed up that one.

I rang the other guy in Galway Clinic and luckily got a consultancy the next day, without need for referral letter.

Dr. Taj Shiakh
    http://www.perfectskin.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nealrory

<Please read the charter:
    If someone asks for recommendations, don't use the opportunity to mention places that have "wronged" you. Take it up with the manager instead of the internet.>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement