Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New TaylorMade clubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Let me guess, 15 yards longer with each club and more forgiveness than ever before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Let me guess, 15 yards longer with each club and more forgiveness than ever before.

or if your swing is goosed like mine at the mo, it wont matter one little bit whether Im hitting it with a shovel or a new M driver

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

YayaBanana wrote: »

They wouldn't be always going down that road if there weren't enough eejits buying in to it every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

People get far too worked up about this lark IMHO
    Nobody is forcing you to buy it and you hardly expect them to come out and say "it might be a little bit better but really it just looks different"

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

15 yards longer ... I'll have some of that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

The crown on the driver and fairways woods is damn ugly.....

http://www.golfwrx.com/326198/first-look-taylormade-m1-drivers-fairway-woods-and-hybrids/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Ye I wouldn't like the look of that myself. Those 2 sliding weights might be useful though...

Rick likes it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54A4gvrUMIE

though to be fair he seems to like most clubs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Seriously though people must be sick of them launching new Drivers every 5 Mins!!

This is what they say about the new M1

"TaylorMade has unveiled the M1 driver, which features a multi-material construction that’s been 20 years in development. TaylorMade say the combination of titanium and a seven-layer carbon composite creates the longest driver and most easy to fit product in company history."

"20 years in development" how can they get away with saying that when there bringing new ones out every month or so!

Don't get me wrong I was a fan of TM and all my clubs are TM but am getting sick of them at this stage! I bought the R11 when it was nearly a year on the market and nearly every player on tour was using it (first white head I think) asked in the shop were they bringing out a new one soon, Told no. Two weeks later R11's came out, month after that the R1 :mad: Suppose I should of know better. :)

But I find most people are getting sick of them and this must have effect on their sales as people wont be buying their brand as they know a new model be out soon & there's no resale valve. Like when your buying a good second hand car ;) :P

• Advertisement

benny79 wrote: »
    Seriously though people must be sick of them launching new Drivers every 5 Mins!!

This is what they say about the new M1

"TaylorMade has unveiled the M1 driver, which features a multi-material construction that’s been 20 years in development. TaylorMade say the combination of titanium and a seven-layer carbon composite creates the longest driver and most easy to fit product in company history."

"20 years in development" how can they get away with saying that when there bringing new ones out every month or so!

Don't get me wrong I was a fan of TM and all my clubs are TM but am getting sick of them at this stage! I bought the R11 when it was nearly a year on the market and nearly every player on tour was using it (first white head I think) asked in the shop were they bringing out a new one soon, Told no. Two weeks later R11's came out, month after that the R1 :mad: Suppose I should of know better. :)

But I find most people are getting sick of them and this must have effect on their sales as people wont be buying their brand as they know a new model be out soon & there's no resale valve. Like when your buying a good second hand car ;) :P

It's great for golfers really though as all you need to do is wait a while and you get older range at massive reductions. If you have the money to get the newest drivers more power to you. The rest of us can wait a year and get them new at half price or pick some up on second hand market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

alxmorgan wrote: »
    It's great for golfers really though as all you need to do is wait a while and you get older range at massive reductions. If you have the money to get the newest drivers more power to you. The rest of us can wait a year and get them new at half price or pick some up on second hand market

It's more the retailers that suffer than the punters. New kit comes out and suddenly they have expensive stock worth half the money.

The canny ones will know that new stuff is coming down the line and be already running down their stock with discounts, but there will always be those guys who didn't and will get caught.

But I'm the guy who picks up last years model for half nothing, so I'm happy :D

Rick likes it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54A4gvrUMIE

though to be fair he seems to like most clubs :D

For scientific purposes ;), I went back to his review of the R15 and discovered that he was getting 15 yards less carry from that. So Yayabanana was right :D

rrpc wrote: »
    For scientific purposes ;), I went back to his review of the R15 and discovered that he was getting 15 yards less carry from that. So Yayabanana was right :D

True but was also swinging 10 mph slower !!!

True but was also swinging 10 mph slower !!!

He was swinging the M1 at 125mph? :o

He was swinging the M1 at 125mph? :o

Double checked....110 avg in R15 video and 116 avg with M1
    Some could be down to the club being lighter of course.

Double checked....110 avg in R15 video and 116 avg with M1
    Some could be down to the club being lighter of course.

The video I watched he had a few 115mbh swings. Carry was still a good bit less than 290 yards.

Justin Rose has been testing it and his caddy is impressed:

https://twitter.com/Fooch1993/status/642092856895737857

The video I watched he had a few 115mbh swings. Carry was still a good bit less than 290 yards.

Justin Rose has been testing it and his caddy is impressed:

I should stop coming into this thread. I am starting to feel compelled to put clubs on adverts to scrape money together to buy one of these :D

I should stop coming into this thread. I am starting to feel compelled to put clubs on adverts to scrape money together to buy one of these :D
    Patience grasshopper! You know that they'll be on sale this time next year for €150 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

McGuirks are now selling the M1 for the low-low price of only €600!

http://www.mcguirksgolf.com/p/taylormade-m1-430-driver-mens-right-hand-2015/p-ta5c614rhmens

Insane money to spend on what is essentially a marketing exercise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Mental money alright....................... am trying it out on monday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ronnie3585 wrote: »

http://www.mcguirksgolf.com/p/taylormade-m1-430-driver-mens-right-hand-2015/p-ta5c614rhmens

599 euro ,that has to be the most expensive off the shelf club I have ever seen .
    What makes it even more outrageous ,is the fact that the golf market is suffering,Taylor Made sales dropped 28 percent in 2014.

You'd get a decent set of clubs for 600 euro nowadays .

If anyone was going to spend anywhere near that sort of money on a driver you'd get a quality custom fit instead of some off the shelf adjustability malarky.
    Taylor Made need to stop crying wolf every year .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

All my clubs are TM and once was a big fan. Till I bought the R11 & 2 weeks later the price almost halved and there was a new model out!.
    So I wont be changing for a long time but I think when I do I wont be going with TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭newport2

It looks like a driver wearing white socks and black slip-ons. Manky.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

benny79 wrote: »
    All my clubs are TM and once was a big fan. Till I bought the R11 & 2 weeks later the price almost halved and there was a new model out!.
    So I wont be changing for a long time but I think when I do I wont be going with TM.

Its very disengenous of a company to constantly proclaim their new product as being radically superior to the previous years model.
    Year after year Taylor Made do this ,saying the new driver goes x yards further and is much more forgiving ,its becoming a joke at this stage .

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

ronnie3585 wrote: »

Well you know what they say, fools and their money are easily parted, fortunately for TM there is no shortage of them in golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mickelson

anyone who buys a driver for 600 euro wants their head examined. absolute craziness . how many drivers have taylormade released in the last 2 years.....??? 3 or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

mickelson wrote: »
    anyone who buys a driver for 600 euro wants their head examined. absolute craziness . how many drivers have taylormade released in the last 2 years.....??? 3 or 4.

Yeah...but...no...but....but...this ones goes 15 yards further and you'll be the envy of all your mates ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

599 euro ,that has to be the most expensive off the shelf club I have ever seen .
    What makes it even more outrageous ,is the fact that the golf market is suffering,Taylor Made sales dropped 28 percent in 2014.

You'd get a decent set of clubs for 600 euro nowadays .

If anyone was going to spend anywhere near that sort of money on a driver you'd get a quality custom fit instead of some off the shelf adjustability malarky.
    Taylor Made need to stop crying wolf every year .
    Absolute nuts 600 lids for a club, a years subs in our gaffe.

Advertisement