Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭chasm

The Phillips Aqua shaver is now reduced to €49.99 in Carrick-on-Shannon store.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭sergik

Athlone,Tesco Bargain Shops

SD.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

There's been a number of Tesco threads, perhaps this is a good thread to add this to:

BA:

Tesco own brand 1 hour battery chargers with 4AA rechargeable batteries priced on shelf @ 2.80 in Tesco Sandymount, 2-3 left.

Worth mentioning:

I picked up a pack of 4 rechargeable batteries, and asked a staff member to have it price scanned since there was no shelf price for it, who then asked CS to check it, both began whispering 'its 81 cent, we should have them removed'... The staff member hurried away and I turned around to see her rummaging through the batteries section. I was then told by CS that the price was scanning incorrectly and they aren't allowed to sell it. I was a bit peeved, since if I had just scanned it as part of my shopping it would have gone through at 81 cent. So I asked to see the manager, who said that they have been having problems with the pricing system, the batteries are obviously worth a lot more than 81 cents, and they are 'very dear' otherwise... their store policy was to remove such items, fix the pricing errors and put them back on shelf. Fair enough.

I found this episode amusing when I compared it with a similar situation I had at a Best Buy in the US some years ago with a very different level of customer experience. The stores specials booklet had advertised a block of batteries at $5.99, at checkout it scanned at $9.99... when asked, the checkout person said oh wait this is last weeks special, sorry sir, it's our fault we left last week's flyers at the entrance, we'll be happy to give it to you for $5.99...

That's nuts, if it was the store I work in. Logically, I would have given you back the product, said it was 81c then removed the rest from sale and informed a manager about the issue.

It just makes for a bad experience on the company's part and I am sure this is not the way Tesco themselves want this handled and with working for them at the moment, I am sure that is not how the situation should have been handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

There were loads of the sharpie markers in Wilton earlier. 4 pack at 82c 12 pack at €2 and a 4 pack of mini ones at €1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

msg11 wrote: »
    That's nuts, if it was the store I work in. Logically, I would have given you back the product, said it was 81c then removed the rest from sale and informed a manager about the issue.

It just makes for a bad experience on the company's part and I am sure this is not the way Tesco themselves want this handled and with working for them at the moment, I am sure that is not how the situation should have been handled.
    happened to me in a certain dublin store ... i was pissed when i found out that they (the staff in question) took all the items for themselves ...

i hate stored that do not have a price checker on the wall ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I agree about the price checker, but we had 2 broken in the space of a month and never had the money to get them replaced. One kid decided to grab it and swing out of it, pulling out the LAN and electrical wire from the back.

His mum just asked him if he was injured when it came clattering down.

RE: Tesco Bargains shop, check the price of the items in the main shop, I've seen a good few things cheaper in the main shop, esp Sun tan lotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

BBQ jamaican chicken drumsticks 5 pack 50c
    In the freezer section, small yellow sticker.
    Got them just after the bbq season as 3 for €5 or €4 each, all the bags i got had 7/8 in them. Probably just trying to get rid of them.
    They're lovely done in the oven
    display til nov best before feb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭ANSI

davoxx wrote: »
    happened to me in a certain dublin store ... i was pissed when i found out that they (the staff in question) took all the items for themselves ...

i hate stored that do not have a price checker on the wall ...
    by law everything should be priced and there would be no need for a price checker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hinari mircrowave - was €70 now half price at €35!! :) Very happy as we've needed a new one for ages - the display was broke on the old one and would only show certain numbers lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

ANSI wrote: »
    by law everything should be priced and there would be no need for a price checker
    if only everyone followed the law, firefly would not have been cancelled ...

• Advertisement

ANSI wrote: »

That's not the issue, the issue is products that have a price in front of them, but it is not the correct price.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 trelemenele

Tesco Clearwater

Still some 2GB SD cards for 2.5 euro.
    Xbox 360 250GB with GoW3 for 269 euro(not sure if bargain)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭cson

Saw a 3 pack of Solero's for just over the €1 mark in Tesco Drumcondra a couple of days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

HP 8gb USb key 12.35

TDK 8gb USB key 9.65

Plenty of both in tesco balbriggan yesterday morning.

Also lots of coats for 23euro and knitwear for 11.50

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

davoxx wrote: »
    if only everyone followed the law, firefly would not have been cancelled ...
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

erkifino wrote: »
    :confused:

Don't worry if you're not either
    (a) a character in The Big Bang Thory
    or
    (b) largely the same as (a)
    you won't get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

F*cking hate TBBT and I got it...Joss Whedon's sci fi/cowboy crossover type show that was frankly a bit meh, but had potential, that was cancelled after a season and that spawned a pretty decent movie. Neither could hold a candle to Farscape.

On topic Tesco deals...umm, they had half price McCoy's crisps 6 pk this week... oh yeah and New York deli bagels 6pk 2 for €2

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

just got an email from tesco giving loads of half price offers, including turkeys.
    Also they are doing an online delivery offer, place 3 orders online of over 60 euro before 27th dec and get a 20 euro voucher in jan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

There were about 6 of the Technika Pro Medium Tilt and swing wall brackets for 24" to 32" televisions in Midleton earlier on today for €1.16 or so.
    technika-lcd-8j-medium-flat-screen-bracket-tilt.jpg1022496_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

1TB External Hard Drive only €57 in Tesco Wexford.Considering how the price has been rising recently this is very cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

lindtee wrote: »
    There were loads of the sharpie markers in Wilton earlier. 4 pack at 82c 12 pack at €2 and a 4 pack of mini ones at €1.

Was in Tesco in Maynooth and they had none left. Tesco in clearwater had the mini ones but they were full price unfortunately and Lucan or Ashbourne had none. Anyone seen these on special in Dublin or surrounding areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

In stock in Tesco Nutgrove last Thursday night.

valc

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Also they are doing an online delivery offer, place 3 orders online of over 60 euro before 27th dec and get a 20 euro voucher in jan

hi angeldaisy where did you see this ad? as i do online shopping in tesco every week will i get the 20 voucher automatically in jan or do i need to sign up for this?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Wertz wrote: »
    F*cking hate TBBT and I got it...Joss Whedon .......was frankly a bit meh..
    I am sure with repeated watchings you can come to like it. Chocolate?

Anyhoo OT, just delighted to inform that the 4 pack of Duracell Accu AA rechargeables 4x are back on the shelves (not for long) and priced at €1.40 :)

If anyone comes across the AAA size anywhere let us know. Please note it is ONLY THE 4x variety, not the 3x or 5x which are still around €8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

There were about 6 of the Technika Pro Medium Tilt and swing wall brackets for 24" to 32" televisions in Midleton earlier on today for €1.16 or so.
    technika-lcd-8j-medium-flat-screen-bracket-tilt.jpg1022496_1.jpg

Anybody see these anywhere in South Dublin?

Dunno, what stores have them but look out for a washing up liquid in Tesco stores called 'Morning Fresh, citrus' there scanning at 24c in the store I work in as there a discontinued line. I say the extras might have them in plan.

031740.jpg

Tiny bargain alert but I saw the Nutgrove branch was selling off some small plants at 8c each last night. They didn't even look too bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

I was in Lucan again this evening and they had 9 of the 4 packs at only 82c each since I've been there they now have none in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

Just bought few minutes ago HP USB Flash Drive 16GB (v195b) for €7.99 at Coonagh Cross Tesco in Limerick.

• Advertisement

Dark Tolberone bars smallish maybe 225g for 16c in Artane.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement