Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

When i'm only in for an hour or two i wear jeans, if i was in for any longer i wear tracksuits. Canterbury preferably :pac: so.. so comfy. The boxer stance is hard enough to don in jeans :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Jester252 wrote: »
    If the rest of post was here you would see that what I said I was talking about his post where he said he was an engineer student without any context to the rest of the post
    Oh ffs...

Engineers almost always wear jeans, that's why it is significant. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

sitting down for few lectures without getting to move around much in a pair of jeans, no thanks.

fatman pants FTW. pennies finest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Christmas days tickets going on sale in the stables today. Anybody know how quickly these are sold and will there be some available next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

Skyrim wrote: »
    Christmas days tickets going on sale in the stables today. Anybody know how quickly these are sold and will there be some available next week?

if it follows last years trend they will sell out in very quick time...tomorrow at the latest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

freyners wrote: »
    if it follows last years trend they will sell out in very quick time...tomorrow at the latest
    Are the hurlers having a Christmas Days this year does anyone know?

toodleytoo wrote: »
    Are the hurlers having a Christmas Days this year does anyone know?

yup
    5 euro tickets and offie prices :D:D

Hope for the best, will the lodge be organising some christmas party prior to the exams?

Hope for the best, will the lodge be organising some christmas party prior to the exams?

doubtful with the hurlers and stables but who knows...new management so maybe they will, if you ask on the FB page im sure they will answer

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

The queue for Christmas days was ridiculously long by the time i finished lectures. UGH! I hope there are tickets left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

can anyone actually explain to me what christmas days actually is? ive been in college for 4 years but i havent a clue :(

i pay €15 to get the opportunity to drink in the stables??? seriously? i must be missing something here.

to keep on topic, i hate everyone talking about christmas days!!!111!!1!

/returns to cave...

food..festive banter..santa hats .last opportunity to have some craic before exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Wish some lecturers were more consistent with putting lecture notes up on Moodle/SULIS. I understand that they want people attending their lectures but it can be a bit inconvenient if you've missed out on something!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    can anyone actually explain to me what christmas days actually is? ive been in college for 4 years but i havent a clue :(

i pay €15 to get the opportunity to drink in the stables??? seriously? i must be missing something here.

to keep on topic, i hate everyone talking about christmas days!!!111!!1!

/returns to cave...

People get drunk and the money goes to charity.

Get back to work...... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Cawcheen wrote: »
    The queue for Christmas days was ridiculously long by the time i finished lectures. UGH! I hope there are tickets left.

Apparently they didnt sell any because of the queue...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Wish some lecturers were more consistent with putting lecture notes up on Moodle/SULIS. I understand that they want people attending their lectures but it can be a bit inconvenient if you've missed out on something!
    You know what would be nice if Lecture note were only on one site instead of moodle,sulis,sharepoint or the EE sky drive to name a few. The last one is annoying as the lecture notes can only be got from a UL computer

Apparently they didnt sell any because of the queue...

yup...cancelled till tomorrow...queues been a joke for the last two years tho and they only had 3 barriers out to control people...joke really

Heard there was a big queue alright, hope i manage to get one tomorrow.

doubtful with the hurlers and stables but who knows...new management so maybe they will, if you ask on the FB page im sure they will answer

Only assumed so because they held a halloween party there last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Jaysus the service in Subway was fierce bad. Saw at least 2 orders done wrong.

Apparantly "Onions, peppers and tomato" equals *slop a handful of lettuce then gawk dumbly*

• Advertisement

Apparantly "Onions, peppers and tomato" equals *slop a handful of lettuce then gawk dumbly*

have they fixed their computer yet....it desnt add points to the card and i cant redeem mine either:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

have they fixed their computer yet....it desnt add points to the card and i cant redeem mine either:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Seemingly their "internet is still down" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Very nice to see the SU going back to text based messages. I know I had a bit of a gripe with the messages that consisted only of text on images so it is nice to see the change. Loads up nicely on mobile devices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

That young blonde one?? Rude pain in the backside.

Stables seemed a bit more organised when selling the christmas days tickets this evening. Anybody going up to the march in dublin next week?

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    That young blonde one?? Rude pain in the backside.

Nope, the older lady who's usually on the meat and bread section. One time I was with her, asked for Chicken teryiaki, she gave me chicken tikka :rolleyes:

It was really bad today, though. Granted it was busy, but they were ridiculously unorganised today. For some reason they were putting stuff in the oven one by one, rather than 2X2 as usual.

Stuff was left sitting there for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Stables seemed a bit more organised when selling the christmas days tickets this evening. Anybody going up to the march in dublin next week?

An announcement on fb by either the su or stables would of been nice though. We were near the front of the queue yesterday and presumed the tickets were going on sale at 5 again today. Ended up having to settle for a Tuesday ticket, wont be able to make it until 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

5 pm till closing time. Plenty of time.

An announcement on fb by either the su or stables would of been nice though. We were near the front of the queue yesterday and presumed the tickets were going on sale at 5 again today. Ended up having to settle for a Tuesday ticket, wont be able to make it until 5.
    Lousy, but at least you still ended up getting a ticket, heard loads of people swapping them around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Don't buy any of those festive drinks from Starbucks- they are all (like the rest of the drinks that place sells)disgusting!

Advertisement