Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone work with travellers?

• 27-03-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

i work with a half dozen of them and they are some of the soundest lads and work hard, i really dont see why they get the bad publicity they receive

anyone else work with any?
    i know some ppl have this idea that none of them work but thats just nonsence

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Have done in the past. have to say they are no better nor worse than anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Here we go again................

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

Here we go again................

huh? whats wrong man?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I dont like any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've a distant relative who works with loads of them. He's employed as a prison officer. Seemingly travellers make a far higher percentage of the prison population than they do as a percentage of the overall Irish population.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

no i'm not a thief.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

jimpump wrote: »
    huh? whats wrong man?

The posts above mine should give you an idea

• Administrators Posts: 53,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've a distant relative who works with loads of them. He's employed as a prison officer. Seemingly travellers make a far higher percentage of the prison population than they do as a percentage of the overall Irish population.
    Genuinely burst out laughing reading that. :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I hate travellers because so many are scum but im sure there is good ones

The thing is if they are working and living lawfully and not letting you know there travellers we just treat them as normal people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Care to provide evidence for that claim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

lividduck wrote: »
    Care to provide evidence for that claim?

Yeah come live in my neighbourhood for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

I used to work with them when i was in Australia,there is thousands of us Irish out there just having a good time and travelling around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

I know some lad made a mint outa working with travellers. Made up so he is. Big house in mulligar, big fancy car, all that stuff.

He mostly does holiday makers but gets a lot of the business class travellers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

14 posts in. Wonder what percentage of you will be banned for racism and/or generalisations.

Let's see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement