Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor USA (2011)

• 08-02-2011 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,745 ✭✭✭✭

The winner of The X Factor USA will secure a $5 million recording contract with Sony Music, it has been announced.The official website for the upcoming Fox version of Simon Cowell's competition confirmed the news.
    The show will allow anyone over the age of 12 to audition to become "America's next undiscovered superstar".
    "I like the idea that a 12-year-old on this show can compete with an older singer and a singing group," Cowell said. "I've never believed there should be a cut-off age for talent, and we are going to put our money where our mouths are with the $5 million recording contract. I'm doing this show in America because I genuinely believe we can find a superstar."
    The site also confirmed that auditions will be held "over the coming months", beginning in Los Angeles on March 27 and visiting cities including New York, Miami, Dallas, Seattle and Chicago.
    An announcement about a presenter and the show's judging panel will be made "in the coming weeks".

Starting in the fall on Fox and in September on TV3 and 3e

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

YAY!!!!!!

And so long as Cheryl Cole ain't on the judging panel, I'll be happy :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:(

• Registered Users Posts: 84,745 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

tinkerbell wrote: »
    YAY!!!!!!

Simon is doing all he can to have her next to him on the judging panel :mad: even though I dont anyone in the US will know what she is saying

Dermot O' Leary was on Alan Carr's chat show this week and he said he was in consideration for the presenting role but dont think he will get it as if Cheryl is there they wont want another Brit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

If its anything like American Idol then it will be pants. Watched it a couple of weeks ago and it was one big sob story. I know Cowell has gotten rid of the sob story element for X Factor UK but they tend to lap them up over there.

Obviously i wont watch it anyway if Queen Chav is on it.

Simon and Cheryl are suppose to have quit the UK show so that they can be on this show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Simon and Cheryl are suppose to have quit the UK show so that they can be on this show

Cheerio Cheryl :D

If it happened a few years ago then i would say the show would be in trouble but the xfactor has been on long enough now to survive without Cowell. He has become less relevant as a judge over the last few years. Plus its his show. He wont let the thing go down the swanny. Just as long as they get somebody like Robbie Williams in as a judge.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s141/the-x-factor-us/news/a306934/cowell-cant-decide-on-x-factor-usa-judges.html

Simon Cowell has said that he can't decide on who should join him on The X Factor USA panel.

The judge was quizzed about why there has been a delay in announcing the panel during an appearance on NBC's The Tonight Show With Jay Leno on Wednesday.

"I can't make up my mind," he replied. "I keep meeting all these people every day and I like them. At the moment I could end up with about 23 judges on this panel; one contestant, 23 judges!"

He remained tight-lipped when Leno asked who he had been speaking to, but joked that he liked the idea of Charlie Sheen on the panel.

A string of stars have been linked to the judges' table over the past few months, including Usher, Nicole Scherzinger, Rihanna, Cee Lo Green and Mariah Carey. It was recently suggested that Cheryl Cole, who judges the British version of the show, had narrowly missed a place on the American panel, although that has yet to be confirmed.

Auditions for the Fox competition - which are open to singers aged 12 and over - will kick off on March 27 in Los Angeles, before travelling to Miami, Newark, Seattle, Chicago and Dallas. The winner of the series will be awarded a $5 million recording contract with Sony Music.

The show is scheduled to premiere on the network later this year.

LA Reid is the first person to be named as a judge on the show

In a statement Island Def Jam confirmed the news.

"Antonio 'LA' Reid has chosen to step down from his position as Chairman and CEO of Island Def Jam in order to participate in the upcoming US premiere of the X Factor," the statement said.
    "We certainly wish him all the best with his new career choice and thank him for his contributions over the last several years."
    The American X Factor organisers made no comment except to say "decisions are still being made on the panel".
    Reid's appointment comes after weeks of rumours in the British press suggesting Cheryl Cole could be made a judge.
    In a message announcing his departure to staff LA Reid said: "I have always thrived on growth and the next great challenge, and I look forward with much enthusiasm to what the future holds."
    "I am extremely proud of our beautiful roster and all we have accomplished in my seven years with IDJ (Island Def Jam)."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Cheryl-Cole-XFactor-1031440.aspx

Did L.A. Reid accidentally reveal that Cheryl Cole is joining The X Factor?
    During a recent interview, Reid mentioned the pop singer's name while referring to the other members of the judging panel on Fox's new reality singing show, Entertainment Weekly reports.
    "We're gonna compete against American Idol just fine," Reid said. "I'm very confident. But along with Simon Cowell and Cheryl, I don't know who the other judge is."
    Fox declined to comment on the report.
    Cole is an English singer who rose to fame when she was selected on a British reality show to join a pop group called Girls Aloud. She became a judge on the British version of X Factor in 2008.
    The X Factor, which premieres this fall, will search the nation for undiscovered artist or group. The winning act will receive a $5 million recording contract with Syco/Sony Music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/simon-cowell-x-factor-judges-abdul-cole/

Sounds like Cole and Abdul will take the other 2 judges spots

If so, then it's a pretty damn awful panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

That's an awful judging panel! There are so many other better celebs that could have been gotten if Cowell was to actually take his head out of cheryl cole's arse for once. *sigh*

The lineup for Fox’s X Factor is nearly complete: EW has learned High School Musical actor-singer Corbin Bleu is close to joining the competition series as co-host, alongside previously reported co-host finalist, Pussycat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger.
    Sources emphasize that neither Bleu or Scherzinger are locked in, but both are close to signing on with the series. Meanwhile, time is getting short: X Factor must have its full judging and hosting team in place by May 8 — that’s when the production begins shooting the audition rounds before the judges.
    As for the rest of the team, we’re still hearing the same names as the finish line approaches that have been previously reported: L.A. Reid (who is confirmed), along with Cheryl Cole and Paula Abdul, joining Simon Cowell.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/28/corbin-bleu-nicole-scherzinger-in-talks-to-host-x-factor/

Cheryl Cole officially on board now :rolleyes:

Steve Jones and Nicole Scherzinger will be the presenters and Paula Abdul will be the other judge

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

tinkerbell wrote: »
    YAY!!!!!!

Me too!!! :p
    Cheryl Cole officially on board now :rolleyes:
    Won't be watching that so. :rolleyes:

It probably wont but I'd love if it was a huge failure for Cowell and Cole

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Seen on the paper the other day that Cowell was trying to start a row going betwwen Cole and Abdul - before they'd even met each other!

What's the bets that a big catty relationship will magically ensue.

Pantomime!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Steve Jones? Ugh they couldn't have gone for a more generic, bland presenter if they'd tried!

The judging panel is a massive fail when you look at the American Idol one. LA Reid is great because he's been in the industry so long, but they should have got bigger names for the other two. I know Paula Abdul is Simon's friend but they should be giving X Factor a FRESH concept over there, not just rehashing the old days of American Idol.

Hopefully the song choices will be better than on American Idol. I always wonder why they're so brutal on that!

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s141/the-x-factor-us/news/a318870/cheryl-cole-angers-cowell-abdul-fans.html

Cheryl Cole reportedly angered X Factor USA fans when she was seated beside Simon Cowell on the second day of auditions.
    As the full panel began filming earlier this week, Paula Abdul took the seat beside her former American Idol sparring partner, leaving Cole in between her and Antonio 'L.A.' Reid.
    However, Cole and Abdul swapped their positions on day two - prompting complaints on social-networking website Twitter, The Sun reports.
    "I resent the heck out of Cheryl 4 screwing up the reunion of the century! Why?" one fan wrote, while another added: "Paula is our sweet little angel! Why is Simon letting that big-haired girl take her seat?"
    An insider on the Fox show said: "The American public were desperate to get Simon and Paula back together - their chemistry on Idol was TV gold. Some want them to get together as a couple. So to see Cheryl in between them put her in the firing line."
    Meanwhile, The Mirror claims that Cole and her fellow judges received boos from the audience when they rejected some auditionees.
    "Cheryl was noticeably tougher, but stood up to the flak brilliantly especially as it was a much harsher crowd than the UK version," a source told the paper. "She's got a job to do and she coped ­admirably. The booing wasn't personal at her.
    "All the panel got a rough ride. It's part and parcel of her job to make difficult decisions that not everyone agrees with."
    Open auditions for The X Factor, which premieres on Fox this fall, continue at the Dallas Convention Centre on May 26.

• Advertisement

^^^^^

Stirring up the drama already!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

I know its always the same crap about in fighting with the judges and contestant dramas filling up the gossip pages- I won't be watching anyway, I've gone off the uk version and I'm sure this one won't be any different- I think these kind of shows have had their day.
    No-one has ever really done well out of them- most winners just fade away within a year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

When will it be on TV? What channel? And finally, will it be broadcast the same as the USA or will we be behind by much?

murphym7 wrote: »
    When will it be on TV? What channel? And finally, will it be broadcast the same as the USA or will we be behind by much?

Starting in the fall on Fox and in September on TV3 and 3e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Apparently Cheryl Cole got the sack from the US version of the X factor has now been replaced by Nicole Scherzinger.

She is on her way back to the UK and there are rumors she could take up her former role as UK X factor judge, I really hope not!

Source below:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2011/may/26/cheryl-cole-us-x-factor

Publicity stunt maybe?

Ugh I hope that doesn't mean she'll be appearing on the UK version :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Publicity stunt maybe?

Ugh I hope that doesn't mean she'll be appearing on the UK version :(

I wouldn't be surprised if Cowell organised it so she would go back to the UK one, as they're having a hard time finding judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

bogmanfan wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if Cowell organised it so she would go back to the UK one, as they're having a hard time finding judges.

Like you, I don't trust that man but I really would be surprised if Cheryl would allow herself to be used as a pawn in such a manner!...

She has major ambitions and was desperate to infiltrate the US scene, I simply cannot see her signing a deal that she knew was a farce in the first place.

My take on it is ...Simon grossly overestimated his influence as he was used to lording it over ITV. It took him months to convince Fox executives that Cheryl was suitable for the job and as a Giant in music reality TV, they gave in ( albeit temporarily), but he underestimated the ruthlessness that embodies commercial business in America, moreso the Media.

No matter how it is played, if she returns to the UK X factor, it is going to be a huge blow to her celebrity status and ego!

• Advertisement

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3603831/Cheryl-Cole-I-never-saw-it-coming.html
    ................Cheryl's loyal mum Joan Callaghan was even more bullish.
    She told pals: "Cheryl has been paid off to come back to the UK to sort out the show. Simon told her Tulisa just wasn't strong enough. The deal is she will be seen as the head judge, even above Gary Barlow." ................

Advertisement