Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

20 pounds 20 days

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

xLisaBx wrote: »
    I'm not underweight, I know I don't have an eating disorder I just hate to put on anything. It doesn't matter if it's 1 pound or 10, I get depressed at the thought of putting it On

Reconsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I thought this was normal for a teenage girl? I just go through phases

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

No one here is making definitive diagnosis but what you're saying does hint at something concerning the you need to keep an eye on. If you keep rationalising it as normal for a teenager you won't see the wood for the trees.

And just to add, no one here is judging or passing comments to be negative. Just to help.

No one here is making definitive diagnosis but what you're saying does hint at something concerning the you need to keep an eye on. If you keep rationalising it as normal for a teenager you won't see the wood for the trees.

And just to add, no one here is judging or passing comments to be negative. Just to help.
    Everyone is being lovely, I understand :) I got over it about a year ago to focus on the leaving and whatnot but it's flooded back

Just be on your guard with it so.

If needs be, there are people to talk to and it doesn't have to be a big deal.

But just be aware of what triggers the negative feelings around weight and food etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭helliwen

This is exactly what I thought. Until the phases got worse and worse, and eventually I ended up in in-patient treatment for anorexia for 7 months.

I'm by no means trying to imply that this is where you are headed but please keep an eye on this, as Alf says. In fact, I would go a step further and suggest contacting some place like Bodywhys now. It can be a slippery slope.

helliwen wrote: »
    This is exactly what I thought. Until the phases got worse and worse, and eventually I ended up in in-patient treatment for anorexia for 7 months.

I'm by no means trying to imply that this is where you are headed but please keep an eye on this, as Alf says. In fact, I would go a step further and suggest contacting some place like Bodywhys now. It can be a slippery slope.
    I'm so sorry, that must have been incredibly difficult. I didn't realise how quickly it can happen

It's not that it happens quickly. It's that you won't realise when it is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Now I think of it 20 pounds in 20 days means a calorie deficit of 3500 per day...you'd have to be ingesting negative calories to make that happen!

I'm so sorry, that must have been incredibly difficult. I didn't realise how quickly it can happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭helliwen

It didn't happen quickly, it developed over years.
    But the warning signs were there from the start, only no one recognised them. If they/I had, a lot of pain could have been avoided.

Coulda/woulda/shoulda.....too late for that now :-) I've learned a lot from what I've been through and I believe I'm a stronger person because of it. But I'd like to help others avoid having to go through what I (and my loved ones) did and that means recognising and pointing out the signs.

It didn't happen quickly, it developed over years.
    But the warning signs were there from the start, only no one recognised them. If they/I had, a lot of pain could have been avoided.

Coulda/woulda/shoulda.....too late for that now :-) I've learned a lot from what I've been through and I believe I'm a stronger person because of it. But I'd like to help others avoid having to go through what I (and my loved ones) did and that means recognising and pointing out the signs.

It's really great to hear you're doing well, and thank you for looking out for others to help them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Looks like a longer version of the abc diet. The other posters seem to have changed your mind but even if you do still do it you can be prepared for irritation, constantly being tired/weak but not being able to sleep, imminent binges and immense feelings of guilt after, dizzy spells, there's a possibility you'll lose some hair (depending on the person), overall wellbeing will be effected. 900kcals per day is easy compared to what that diet sheet is suggesting.

And it will probably never be enough. Don't do it, seriously.

alleystar wrote: »
    Looks like a longer version of the abc diet. The other posters seem to have changed your mind but even if you do still do it you can be prepared for irritation, constantly being tired/weak but not being able to sleep, imminent binges and immense feelings of guilt after, dizzy spells, there's a possibility you'll lose some hair (depending on the person), overall wellbeing will be effected. 900kcals per day is easy compared to what that diet sheet is suggesting.

And it will probably never be enough. Don't do it, seriously.

I was going to do ABC before but couldn't as my parents noticed my weight loss and behaviour. I know the crankiness/dizziness etc. I understand that even when you reach a target weight its never enough

I was going to do ABC before but couldn't as my parents noticed my weight loss and behaviour. I know the crankiness/dizziness etc. I understand that even when you reach a target weight its never enough

You're basically bouncing from extreme diet to extreme diet. Aside from the fact that they don't work, they just perpetuate extreme behaviour around food.

Better to just eat healthily to be a healthy weight and is sustainable in the long term.

Extreme diets are not healthy, either physically or mentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

You are at the beginning of something with potentially long term potential. physical, emotional and mental anguish

You seem to be good at listening to the advice - please do not do this, it won't reap any benefit for your weight (you will end up going backwards after) or your health. Life is for living.

Think of making a tiny change which will reap a better result over the longer term. Life is not to be lived by the determination of how you feel about weight and food. Work on accepting all of this. You will be far better off

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cookies N Cream

Don't really think they work. I went on the grapefruit diet I was miserable, tired, cold, and lost zero weight. I looked at my eating and decided to go on a low carb diet. Lost a stone and a half on it in two months. Look at what is good for you a healthy way of dieting. Fad diets, in my opinion don't work!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

FWIW the plan in the OP isn't a diet. It was made up to encourage anorexia.
    Pretending its anything else is a waste of time.
    evo2000 wrote: »
    You ll damage your metablism and organs on 900 a day the human body needs atleast 1200.. you ll mostly get the opposite results, of losing fat because your body will go into starvation mode.
    There's no such thing as a fixed number that "the human body" needs.
    For some people 1200 might be a minimum.
    For smaller women, it might be close to their BMR and going below that wouldn't be an issue.
    For most active guys, 1200 would be far too little.
    Now I think of it 20 pounds in 20 days means a calorie deficit of 3500 per day...you'd have to be ingesting negative calories to make that happen!
    When you are near starving yourself like that, there would be a significant weight loss other than from the calorie deficit/weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Please don't go on this diet, you sound like me six months ago. Your line of thinking is the exact same as mine was, and still can be sometimes even though I try to control it. I've struggled with eating disorders for a lot of my life, a couple of months ago it got to the point where I'd eat a small bag of popcorn for lunch even though I was on my feet all day at work. Trust me, losing these few pounds will not make you happy, you'll just want to lose another 20 until it becomes a vicious circle that you can't escape from, and there's nothing of you left to lose. If I can give you one bit of advice, start exercising. Join a gym, go jogging, swimming, whatever works for you. I took up running and lifting weights at the start of the summer and honestly I've never felt better, physically or mentally. My issues with food are all but gone. You're gonna have to do whatever you want at the end of the day but I promise you, if you go down this road you'll regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Fair play helliwen for sharing that.

I reckon a lot of people will benefit from knowing about how someone fell into the trap but then made their way out.

Thumbs up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement