Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Persian cats/kittens

• 04-01-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi
    Does anyone know if anyone is trying to find a home for persian or even half persian type kittens or cats.
    My daughter would love one.

Wess

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Have you done any research on them? I only know of 1 person who owns them and they all came from top notch breeders. However she is in the vets every single week with at least one of them, 2 of the cats are on medication for the rest of their lives and the 3rd is only this years kitten so give it time! I would suggest you do your research thoroughly on this one and take into account if you are willing to spend thousands every year on vet's bills!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

List of some Persian breeders here I dont know anything about the health status of this particular breed but buying a kitten will be expensive.Friends recently bought a Ragdoll kitten that cost €800. If its not specifically a Persian you're looking for just the aesthetics of a nice long haired cat, then various shelters get beautiful long haired kittens in from time to time if you keep an eye out.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

In ireland, you'll pay at least €600 upwards for a wellbred persian kitten. To be perfectly honest, if a halfpersian will do, I'd check local rescues for kittens; you would be surprised how many half purebreed cats you'll find. I rescued a 6 week old kitten back in October who was definitely half maine coon; tufted ears, huge paws and long, thick coat.
    Purebred persians are prone to a lot of health problems if you're going to go purebred and you'll be better off getting a dollface rather than the classic squished face; less breathing problems that way. Just be careful who you are purchasing from because there are a lot of backyard breeders in this country who dont give a crap about the animal's welfare, and would rather just line their own pockets.

Advertisement