Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Homeless animals in Galway

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

inisboffin wrote: »
    So why do you keep coming back? (again and again)

Do you really think insulting people on here will make them help you?

I really wonder about your motives as you seem to have petulantly removed photos of a lost dog after posting them because you 'changed your mind'!:mad:

I havent insulted anybody and have my reasons for removing those photos. As i said i cant belive any responsible person can lost less then 10 weeks old puppy and even if this should happen they would be looking for him. I;ve checked all lost/found websites and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

softmee wrote: »
    and I didnt get help from rescues

Easy now, I do not remember you contacting me about stray dogs/animals. And I run a Galway rescue.

EGAR wrote: »
    Easy now, I do not remember you contacting me about stray dogs/animals. And I run a Galway rescue.

I didnt say ALL rescues - just the two i've contacted and this is not an accusation - i dont expect private rescues to answer all calls etc.

I just tought by opening this thread it will be easy to contact with people who care, who want to help and share info, but this just isnt working here.
    Too many useless posts and argueing about nothing.

inisboffin wrote: »
    So why do you keep coming back?

Are you serious? I opened this thread and i just hoped some matured/serious people would read it. Why are YOU coming back? Do you have anything to say about some lost/homeless animals?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I just tought by opening this thread it will be easy to contact with people who care, who want to help and share info, but this just isnt working here.
    Too many useless posts and argueing about nothing.

It isn't working because you are posting in the wrong place. I am at a loss at your attitude. You have been given some good advice & rather than acting on it you continue to get angry which is not going to help any animal.

Your attitude has also rather derailed your own thread as we are now discussing you rather than homeless animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Are you serious? I opened this thread and i just hoped some matured/serious people would read it. Why are YOU coming back? Do you have anything to say about some lost/homeless animals?

:rolleyes: ok..

Yes.
    To post ''words, I am not the one calling people 'ignorants' on here.
    Yes. And have been saying it.

You are digging your own hole tbh, off you go.

Discodog wrote: »
    It isn't working because you are posting in the wrong place. I am at a loss at your attitude. You have been given some good advice & rather than acting on it you continue to get angry which is not going to help any animal.

Your attitude has also rather derailed your own thread as we are now discussing you rather than homeless animals.

You know what- i dont need any "good advice" and instead of wasting so much time here i am acctually helping. Instead of doing today what i was going to do, I washed ,fed, and took care of one and i am really tired of this pointless discussion.
    Please go ahead "discuss me" if you have nothing better to do.
    BYE
    Whoever is doing this -feel free to lock this thread.
    There is place for "sale" there is place for much more many less important things, but there its a wrong place for this...... OK

Of course - preaching about how bad my restaurant experience was is MUCH more important -isnt it -inisboffin?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Of course - preaching about how bad my restaurant experience was is MUCH more important -isnt it -inisboffin?

You fail so much it's cringe-worthily excellent!

Why announce your departure from this thread only to come back to edit the very same post where you announce your departure to add that little tidbit (quoted above)?

You've some serious maturing to do buddy.

Lol!!

Inisboffin, your last post is uncalled for IMHO. And sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

I can see both sides of the *argument*, I know from experience how frustrating it can be to raise awareness and find help.

I can also see that people perceive the problem of stray animals as rather minor compared to their own troubles in this recession (although stray animals are not a recent problem but it's getting worse with more people being out of money and work).

I am also no stranger to the argument of homeless animals vs homeless people - although I still think this comparison is out of proportion.

Perhaps we can all agree on one thing: i.e. Ireland has a massive stray/homeless animal problem. And a lot of people do not care or else the problem would not exist.

What is needed IMHO is education, better legislation and higher prosecution rates.

Also, on the subject of doglicences. It's wrongly named, it should be called Dog Tax, as the term *licence* indicates a certain knowledge pertaining to dogs and the law ;).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Ya know, this thread could actually have been helpful if it hadn't been so ridiculously sidetracked:rolleyes:

Inisboffin, your last post is uncalled for IMHO. And sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

I was personally called out, out of context, from another thread. And I neither agree that my post was sarcastic, nor agree with your opininion of sarcasm on the ladder of wit. Fart jokes usually fall a rung or two
    below. However I will edit my comment as it was reactionary, and I likely wouldn't have said that unprompted.

If the OP is continuously going to stir s*it, insult mods and posters, 'storm out', come back in again, finally leave, the could at least have the decency to be a bit less transparent with their *new* persona.

You're right Madame Razz, sorry on my part for being drawn in to the rubbishy part of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I havent insulted anybody and have my reasons for removing those photos. As i said i cant belive any responsible person can lost less then 10 weeks old puppy and even if this should happen they would be looking for him. I;ve checked all lost/found websites and nothing.
    what have you done to help this "10week old" puppy?

you say you didn't get any help from the rescues here in galway, yet through coincidence that EGAR is on boards, not your admission, we see that you haven't checked with 33% of the rescues!

you say that you have checked ALL lost and found websites yet you have not posted anything in the A&P Lost & Found thread on this very website?

You are not actively trying help this puppy IMO, as you are expecting to come across a lost notice for him/her but you are not willing to actually DO something on your own behalf,ie. put up found posters/pictures/messages.
    Fair play to you for looking after the pup, feeding/washing etc.
    However, if you are not in a position to keep the pup and give him/her a permanent home, then there are people/places that can help re-home them.

Maybe the puppy is better off without their original owner but unless you are willing to take in this pup yourself, you need to find an alternative home and you should get in touch with someone like EGAR who runs a dog rescue in Galway and has posted on this very thread, along with many other posters with years of experience, trying to give you advice and help.
    Maybe PM her IF you want help, although judging by your last few posts
    you "don't need any good advice":rolleyes:

Seriously softmee, if you actually WANT help with this puppy or if you can't keep him/her in your home, feel free to PM, I can keep the pup until I find a rescue/new home in the new year

magentas wrote: »
    I can keep the pup until I find a rescue/new home in the new year

As the floodgates open & thousands head to Magentas with their unwanted Christmas pups :D. Careful what you wish for !. Mind you if my little toe rag doesn't stop stealing my socks you might get another one !.

As the floodgates open & thousands head to Magentas with their unwanted Christmas pups :D. Careful what you wish for !. Mind you if my little toe rag doesn't stop stealing my socks you might get another one !.
    ha! well I'd rather keep the little thing with me than see him/her outside trying to fend for themselves in this weather especially if the pup is only 10weeks old:eek:

we have two dogs, the second only arrived about a month ago from a shelter so we're still "integrating" haha! so I'm not in a position to keep another unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Now back on topic does anyone know anything about the horses that were dumped in Furbo ?.

before this does get locked - anyone have info on this?

After reading about neglected horses in this weeks advertiser, i've acquired some feed, and closed off a couple of fields behind my house in case they're needed.

Intention is to contact GSPCA after the hols to offer assistance, but if there's an identifiable case meantime I'll try to help.

Big B, can you pm me please. I am looking for people to foster rescue horses for EGAR, I've got 11 at present with 3 more scheduled to come in from Galway.

you say you didn't get any help from the rescues here in galway, yet through coincidence that EGAR is on boards, not your admission, we see that you haven't checked with 33% of the rescues!

you say that you have checked ALL lost and found websites yet you have not posted anything in the A&P Lost & Found thread on this very website?

You are not actively trying help this puppy IMO, as you are expecting to come across a lost notice for him/her but you are not willing to actually DO something on your own behalf,ie. put up found posters/pictures/messages.
    Fair play to you for looking after the pup, feeding/washing etc.
    However, if you are not in a position to keep the pup and give him/her a permanent home, then there are people/places that can help re-home them.

Maybe the puppy is better off without their original owner but unless you are willing to take in this pup yourself, you need to find an alternative home and you should get in touch with someone like EGAR who runs a dog rescue in Galway and has posted on this very thread, along with many other posters with years of experience, trying to give you advice and help.
    Maybe PM her IF you want help, although judging by your last few posts
    you "don't need any good advice":rolleyes:

Seriously softmee, if you actually WANT help with this puppy or if you can't keep him/her in your home, feel free to PM, I can keep the pup until I find a rescue/new home in the new year

Why do you think you are in possition to say all what you said? I've change my private plans, i've done many phone calls and i spend lost of time on looking for new home for him and he is now in very good hands.
    Do you really think this is fair to criticize me -why?
    As i said i had VERY important reason not to adveritse any picture of this dog, so please think again and find another person and issue to talk about.

You are not actively trying help this puppy IMO

How dare you say something like this? Seriously i cant belive this. You know nothing about what have i done and this is very nasty.

softmee how dare YOU attack me and take my post completely out of context and say that I am nasty, yet you send me a PM that is so sincere and explains your situation fully?

why don't you post up what you PM'd me and it would make things much clearer for everyone. You started this thread remember. Well done for taking the little guy in and caring for him, from what you told me, the owners certainly DON'T deserve him back and I would go as far as to report that guy for neglect on more than one occassion.

BTW I wasn't critizing, I asked a genuine question which you answered in the PM
    I just wish you would post on here the full story so that people would understand the situation, and you, better because you're coming across as someone that is pretty ungrateful for advice/help offered

Glad to hear the pup is in good hands now though:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Big B, can you pm me please. I am looking for people to foster rescue horses for EGAR, I've got 11 at present with 3 more scheduled to come in from Galway.

pm sent :)

big b wrote: »
    pm sent :)

Well done for helping. The one thing that you can guarantee is that if you can take some horses from EGAR she will be able take in & help even more. Also doing it this way you get the benefit of all the years & experience that she has with horses. She will know which horses are right for fostering.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

As said, I'd let this continue until NY but instead of locking I'm moving this to Animals so you can continue discussing.

biko wrote: »
    As said, I'd let this continue until NY but instead of locking I'm moving this to Animals so you can continue discussing.

Thank you great master for your kindness.

Yes -keep more space for threads about shops/bars and hairdressers...

Thank you great master for your kindness.

Yes -keep more space for threads about shops/bars and hairdressers...
    you seriously need to grow up:mad:

funny how I never see you on the Animal forum given your "concerns" for animal welfare

you have knocked every ounce of help and advice give to you,
    oh and please stop harrassing me with PMs

PS. I think there's a new forum opening soon called "chip on your shoulder", maybe you could contribute:D

great to see something constructive coming from this thread,
    fair play lads and lassies:)

Can someone lock this please?

This thread is ruined because some people have to much of free time and very low self-esteem, so to feel better they are trying to be "on line" geniuses and give great advices even if nobody asks... :pac:

great to see something constructive coming from this thread,
    fair play lads and lassies:)

I will tell you what is not constructive - your presence here.

I will tell you what is not constructive - your presence here.

And to think that I even PM'd you to offer help & advice. I have never reported a post here yet - but I really could make an exception in your case.

I suggest that you read the charter for this board & the How's our Driving feedback thread. The rules here are quite different to the Galway forum.

Sorry Mods if I appear to be backseating but this poster would try the patience of a Saint.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement