Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Video game related dreams

• 26-08-2014 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I think this fits with the games board perfectly.
    but anyways last night I had a dream where I was in the town of silent hill or it was very similar to the first silent hill (even though I never played the first game). It was very foggy like the game and I kept on crossing short bridges connecting to isles.

Other dreams I had have zelda, metal gear solid, metroid, pokemon, resident evil and dead space. Sometimes they can be combined with each other as well. Either I am in the world, or I meet someting from that world or heck I could be just playing the game a game itself even if its game that doesn't exist yet. Other times it just has a very video game like feel to it.

Just wondering what kind of dreams you have that are video game related in nature.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gway with yer feckin bong talk! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Corvo

Walking down that bloody corridor and a a radio chanting weird mumbo jumbo to me before getting grabbed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I used to have a problem with dreams and it was related to certain games.
    Battlefield 2, Medal of Honor, COD4, Starcraft 2 and LOL sometimes
    Due to the repetitiveness of my actions in said games

It was due to something called the 'Tetris Effect'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect
    The Tetris effect (also known as Tetris Syndrome) occurs when people devote so much time and attention to an activity that it begins to pattern their thoughts, mental images, and dreams. It is named after the video game Tetris.

Strangely enough I never had it for L4D2...which I pumped nearly 1000 hours into....probably a good thing too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not quite the same but, after putting many hours into Ico I was struck by the use of sound, the ambient soundtrack of wind, bird call and so on.
    To this day, on a bright sunny morning here in the countryside , I find myself transported to that castle with the sounds of nature taking me there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Gway with yer feckin bong talk! :pac:

Tell us more of your Gal.gun fueled dreams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,392 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I think this fits with the games board perfectly.
    but anyways last night I had a dream where I was in the town of silent hill or it was very similar to the first silent hill (even though I never played the first game). It was very foggy like the game and I kept on crossing short bridges connecting to isles..

Maybe your brain just has issues with draw distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Yeah best dreams ever, I be all like "pew pew"!

Advertisement