Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Club/EA PGA 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Just played the Boards.ie tournament last night. One or two seriiously impressive scores. Currently 3rd I think.

Feel free to add me on PSN - ID = Sudsy81

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ken Masters

Anybody got a Boards.ie comp set up on xbox one? i'm currently making a course it's a slow process when you dont have much time! if nobody has set one up i'll get one going not on my course i'll find something decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

My understanding was that you don't have to be on Playstation to enter the comp. You can enter comps/tours etc. cross platform becasue all courses are cross platform.

Maybe I picked it up wrong though?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,368 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Grudle wrote: »
    Just played the Boards.ie tournament last night. One or two seriiously impressive scores. Currently 3rd I think.

Feel free to add me on PSN - ID = Sudsy81

It's an easy tournament think one chap was -38 on it !now anyone can play the tournament so he probably wasn't a boardie. I'm really crap at the game lol I get frustrated and keep hooking the ball or sending it into the water.

Grudle wrote: »
    My understanding was that you don't have to be on Playstation to enter the comp. You can enter comps/tours etc. cross platform becasue all courses are cross platform.

Maybe I picked it up wrong though?

i dont think this is the case, i know you can share courses cross platform alright but tournaments and tours very much doubt that and the reason i'm saying this is because i searched for it via the one and nour a sign of it.

• Advertisement

It's an easy tournament think one chap was -38 on it !now anyone can play the tournament so he probably wasn't a boardie. I'm really crap at the game lol I get frustrated and keep hooking the ball or sending it into the water.

you can create private tournaments between friends so ide suggest set up a thread for boardies usernames because if you dont any aul Farty Yelson can join the open

• Registered Users Posts: 12,368 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

i dont think this is the case, i know you can share courses cross platform alright but tournaments and tours very much doubt that and the reason i'm saying this is because i searched for it via the one and nour a sign of it.

Ken if your stuck for tournaments AVF forums set up there own just search for AVF and you might find some, same for PS4 although they are hard tournaments!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anybody on PS4 still play this, if so , add me Rossi-IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Is the boards.ie tournament still available and on PS4. Tried searching for it but can't find it? My psn username is FastFB1981. Feel free to add

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Wouldn't think so but there's nothing stopping anyone here setting up another. I've entered a few of the AVF forums tournaments, there's a decent amount playing them and the standard isn't ridiculously high like some of the bigger tournaments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Wouldn't think so but there's nothing stopping anyone here setting up another. I've entered a few of the AVF forums tournaments, there's a decent amount playing them and the standard isn't ridiculously high like some of the bigger tournaments.
    Thanks. Played the first round of a both avf tournaments. As you say standard isn't ridiculously high although I'm still near the bottom. Good game so far. Variety of courses is good.

Yeah i'm not exactly lighting it up either but I enjoy them more as you're not seeing people post scores of -18/19 per round. Yeah they pick really good ones, I've played other tournaments where the courses were unfair, you'd play an approach to 2 ft, miss the putt marginally and end up 20 ft past the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Is this digital download only?

Liamalone wrote: »
    Is this digital download only?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Looking forward to Ea Sports PGA - think due for release in April - hope its a good one

Seriously, why has nobody stated the obvious! This is turd. Downloaded it tonight for a golf fix and it is awful, Commodore 64 would do a better job.

AVOID like the plague

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Seriously, why has nobody stated the obvious! This is turd. Downloaded it tonight for a golf fix and it is awful, Commodore 64 would do a better job.

AVOID like the plague

You clearly haven't played the same game as myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

was thinking that myself. The Golf Club is a super game

irishmover wrote: »
    You clearly haven't played the same game as myself.

I clearly have, why would I say as much if I hadn't :P

First impressions were crap, played 36 holes and my opinion didn't change. I played it with an amigo of mine whom I've had a friendly rivalry with over the years on Tiger and he has the same opinion. Awful game, would just about qualify as an arcade title. €35???? I'll be complaining to Microsoft tomorrow and requesting a refund it is that bad.

Any wonder it is download only.

AVOID like the plague.

p.s. the commentator would get on a saint's nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I clearly have, why would I say as much if I hadn't :P

First impressions were crap, played 36 holes and my opinion didn't change. I played it with an amigo of mine whom I've had a friendly rivalry with over the years on Tiger and he has the same opinion. Awful game, would just about qualify as an arcade title. €35???? I'll be complaining to Microsoft tomorrow and requesting a refund it is that bad.

Any wonder it is download only.

AVOID like the plague.

p.s. the commentator would get on a saint's nerves.

Those people who like the fancy gimmicks in tiger woods will hate this game. This game sticks to the basics of golf. Tiger woods is a bit trashy in comparison. €35 is a lot of money. I paid $25 and its worth it.

I agree though in regards the commentator. I laugh every time I hear his voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Anyone played PerfectGolf yet ? New to EarlyAccess. Enjoying it so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

EA's PGA Golf game is now Rory McIlroys PGA Tour with a June release.

EA's PGA Golf game is now Rory McIlroys PGA Tour with a June release.

Good news.

Hope they put more real golfers in it like Lowry, Harrington and others, not just 10 or 12 that they usually have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

The Polygon story has been updated with more evidence leading to suggest that the Masters' Augusta National course is excluded. Theres an interview with the games developers here. I'm glad the fantasy courses that were teased at last E3 are still a part of it.

The Polygon story has been updated with more evidence leading to suggest that the Masters' Augusta National course is excluded. Theres an interview with the games developers here. I'm glad the fantasy courses that were teased at last E3 are still a part of it.

Ah no, would be terrible to lose any of the real courses, the number of courses should be doubled since its not on last gen, but knowing ea, it will be 10 courses on disc then 20 by overpricd dlc

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Ah no, would be terrible to lose any of the real courses, the number of courses should be doubled since its not on last gen, but knowing ea, it will be 10 courses on disc then 20 by overpricd dlc

In fairness to them it was possible to earn the DLC courses in the last game if you put the effort in.
    Hopefully that remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

This is down to $11 on the Xbox store, is it worth it? I'll prob buy EA's game when it comes out but wouldn't mind a golf fix now, for obvious reasons.

Has this been updated much since it launched and how is the course creation community? Is there good reproductions of famous real-life courses at this stage?

Just posted this in the Xbox thread about it

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rottie 11 View Post
    The golf club is 11euro on the store, has anyone played it?
    I have it on the ps4, mixed feelings about it. Like the variety of courses available even though some are extremely unrealistic and artificially difficult, many well liked course designers put in things like slopes around the green to make it harder if you miss a putt for example.

The gameplay itself is the standard analogue stick job but it's a lot harder than tiger games, there's no visual aids really apart from a rough guideline and the putting is very hard to begin with. I'm still very bad at it to be honest which frustrates me, I'm bad enough at golf in real life without being reminded of that in a game.

Don't expect amazing graphics either and performance on some courses can be very poor.

For 11 quid though its probably worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Picked this up when it was on sale, prob worth it in the end. Fairly bare bones but does the job. The way it gives you a handicap is kind of cool, at least gives you a bit of a goal when there is no season mode or any other real form of progression.

Anyone who is thinking of picking it up for a golf fix after The Masters though, I'd hold off. No way it's worth 35 quid so I'd just wait til EA's offering is out in a month or two.

• Advertisement

anyone set up a boards.ie tournament on Xbox one to give it some interest?

there is a website called Tgctours.com check it out its pretty cool ya play 6 rounds, sign your card via the website then you get a card depending on your performance, think there is 4 Tours in total, runs for the whole year but ya can join whenever u play your 6 rounds. ive 2 more rounds to play before i get a card, i think i'm looking at the champions tour which is the lowest of the tours.

Advertisement