Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No interest whatsover in a multiplayer game with bots in it.
    Ill get my futuristic sci-fi shooter fix with 6,000 players per server in planetside 2 thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

yap I was really excited about this game until i heard there was going to be bots, stupid stupid thinking and real turn off

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nazzu

I hope this is not the target market Titanfall is going for ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

That looks awesome.

More footage from the same website http://dai.ly/x19vjqc

I guess im not as easily impressed anymore with my old age, i got into MP shooters with games like CS and TFC, that satisfying player vs player competitiveness. The bots sort of remind me of these "Z-bots" that you used to beable to download and mod CS with. They just run a few different roots and stand there for you to shoot them in the face. I noticed in these videos that they run that same root in all of the videos (Through that one building), will be a bit crap if they only have one or two roots.. people will just run like the clappers to get them easy points at the start of every game !

Its certainly gonna be better than any other shooter on the consoles atm tho, so i'm not saying its gonna be bad or anything, i just hope it doesn't get as repetitive as those videos make it look to me.
    Nazzu wrote: »
    I hope this is not the target market Titanfall is going for ;)

Lol, thats hilarious, hes so mad, but yeah they are obviously targeting the call of duty and to a lesser extent the battlefield market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Jim Sterling has a nice piss take

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any word on the PC specs yet? It's based of the Source engine so should be pretty scalable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

So far from what I've read:

People who have played the game: "This is great and really fun."

People who have not played the game: "Bots? That's ****. This is ****."

So I'm still excited. As for the video above, I waited the whole time for him to spit tobacco into a bin, I was disappointed.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

So I'm still excited. As for the video above, I waited the whole time for him to spit tobacco into a bin, I was disappointed.

People who have played it, have played it very briefly.. my concern isn't that the game won't be fun at first, its that killing bots on the same mp maps over and over could get really boring after a while. Its all just speculation tho, that's what this thread is for, maybe the bots aren't that intrusive or their AI gets improved during beta etc

I mean im still looking forward to it, i know i'll enjoy it for a few weeks even if its not as good as people are hyping it up to. Whether it will have a longer lifespan than the CoD and BF games have, for me, will just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I wouldn't say that's exactly true.

I've played it. Found it very entertaining but I don't really understand the hype and the main reason for this is because it plays extremely similar to COD which must people seem to be sick of now.

If you like COD you'll like this... if not I don't really see this changing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

tok9 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that's exactly true.

I've played it. Found it very entertaining but I don't really understand the hype and the main reason for this is because it plays extremely similar to COD which must people seem to be sick of now.

If you like COD you'll like this... if not I don't really see this changing that.

I haven't played it, but the impressions I got from videos is that it's very pedestrian. I don't see anything that jumps out and goes "this game will be awesome!". We'll see though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I watched that video that PC Gamer posted, it looked just like CoD - all iron sights and run and gun and whilst I'm sure all the dudebros will love it, I find myself a little disappointed that that's the best they could offer.

I'm sure it'll play really well; I have no hatred for CoD at all, but I dunno, I guess I felt that they could have done something more. The Titan's added nothing to it from what I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Going by the awards, reactions at E3, and the response from gamers playing the alpha I think it looks extremely promising. I am looking for a game to fill the gap created by Call of duty's lack of innovation.

Battlefield 4 is my game of choice for larger scale battles. I think Titanfall will be my choice for more urban scale fun.

While I've been familiar with the name and basic details since just before getting my XB1, I hadn't actually bothered to look up any game play footage or trailers until now.

Just watched the Alpha footage above, and immediately though of COD. Which is see others are saying aswell.
    Really just looks like an expansion of the COD engine with more mayhem.

Personally I'm more into BF style shooters and even at that I prefer playing hardcore.
    I'd even go as far to say I prefer Arma style shooters most but having had to give up PC gaming due to a failing right hand, finding realistic shooters on console is too much of an ask.

Think I'll pass on this, got sick of COD even before B-OPS1 came out.

Battlefield 4 is my game of choice for larger scale battles. I think Titanfall will be my choice for more urban scale fun.

I can see this being the way for a lot of people too. As I said if you like COD you should feel right at home here.

I'm just not looking forward to the new BF vs COD vs Titanfall debates :(

I can see this being the way for a lot of people too. As I said if you like COD you should feel right at home here.

I'm just not looking forward to the new BF vs COD vs Titanfall debates :(

I have never really compared BF and COD because to me they are almost a completely different genre of game and I have always owned both games.

I am also not looking forward to all those debates. At least we wont have a PS4 Titanfall vs Xbox One Titanfall debate :D

Thats one less headache :)

I have never really compared BF and COD because to me they are almost a completely different genre of game and I have always owned both games.

I am also not looking forward to all those debates. At least we wont have a PS4 Titanfall vs Xbox One Titanfall debate :D

Thats one less headache :)

That actually is true... if there were any significant differences that would turn forums into an absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

...instead we will have the PC vs. XBO comparisons...

Oh-no.jpeg

There's no comparison unless they make a terrible port.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Otacon wrote: »
    ...instead we will have the PC vs. XBO comparisons...

. . .and the 360 (although I don't know how to feel about the fact that we still don't know who's making that one!)

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    There's no comparison unless they make a terrible port.

It's already started!

No it hasn't, you can't compare a console to a PC, they're worlds apart. Mouse and Keyboard beats a lame controller every time. The most average of M&K players will utterly trounce the best of the best stuck using a controller.

I'm sure the XBone version will look very pretty, but "next gen" graphics are what PC players have had for 2 or more years even on mid powered devices.

But again, given how terrible ports tend to be, I'm not holding my breath. Also, given that pretty much everything AAA that EA was responsible for last year was totally and utterly broken at launch and in the case of Sim City and Battlefield 4, it still is, I simply don't expect this to be that good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

That actually is true... if there were any significant differences that would turn forums into an absolute nightmare.
    It will be Planetside 2 vs. Titanfall discussion instead :pac:

Nody wrote: »
    It will be Planetside 2 vs. Titanfall discussion instead :pac:

It is quite an interesting thing that, everyone is talking about how the xbox has the bestest fps exclusive etc... when really planetside 2 does everything you can do in titanfall.. only bigger and with no bots ! Guess because its already out on PC and is F2P, it hasn't got the hype for the console version. Will certainly be enough to keep the fps heads occupied on PS4 tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Titanfall for Xbox 360 being developed by Bluepoint Games
    The Xbox 360 version of Respawn Entertainment's futuristic first-person shooter Titanfall is being developed by Bluepoint Games, Respawn founder Vince Zampella revealed on Twitter.

While the Xbox One and Windows PC versions of the game are being developed by Respawn, the team handling the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall has been kept under wraps for months. Bluepoint Games's previous work includes multiple PlayStation platform ports, including the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PlayStation Vita.

Very good news for those interested in the X360 port. Bluepoint Games are a solid developer. Their HD ports were all pretty flawless IMO.

Titanfall - Everything You Need to Know in 16 Minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Shiminay wrote: »
    No it hasn't, you can't compare a console to a PC, they're worlds apart. Mouse and Keyboard beats a lame controller every time. The most average of M&K players will utterly trounce the best of the best stuck using a controller.

If everyone is on the same control system, thus all things are therefore equal, does it really matter if I use and M&K v's a controller.

(yeah, I am going to go there....although for the record I am both a PC and console player so I don't really have any skin in supporting either platform)

Advertisement