Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Roma people- to be pitied or despised?

• 23-05-2009 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone think there is a point to these "members of a marginalised ethnic group"?

Is it just a stereotype that all they do is beg or steal or do some of them actually work?

I know that in my area if they go into the local shop they are quickly chased out with a broom, as even the toddlers shoplift their own bodyweight in food.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Despised obviously. Have you not read this forum before?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

This i think is going to be an antisemetic thread! Needless to say I have never worked with anyone!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They have a sh!t football team too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Op, I love Italians, don't mind the naysayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Is it just a stereotype that all they do is beg or steal or do some of them actually work?
    I'm sure some of them work and contribute to society. Alas the actions of the majority blacken the entire race.
    I know that in my area if they go into the local shop they are quickly chased out with a broom, as even the toddlers shoplift their own bodyweight in food.
    Again the actions of the majority etc...
    But business owners use the ethnicity of consumersas to access their potential to shoplift/cause trouble and the like, much like police use ethnicity as a means of identification.
    Again I'm not saying all Roma people are beggers and theives, but they certainely seem to live up to their less then desirable reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Let's not Get into this again. It's very 2007. And 2008.
    This i think is going to be an antisemetic thread! Needless to say I have never worked with anyone!:D

Help is at hand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement