Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Transgendered 8-year-old?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

He's a Cross-Dresser that's all. They are simply being idiots. When that kid gets bullied it will be HIS parents fault.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Personally I think he's a bit young to be making that type of decision. I just hope he doesn't regret it in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Wow.... you are really on a roll! :pac:

On topic: Far too young to be making that type of decision. Hope to God it's not a phase that he'll be stuck with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Really...every day I find evidence that we are utterly fcuked...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I wanted to be Eric Cantona when i was eight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Rhyme wrote: »
    I wanted to be Eric Cantona when i was eight.
    Do a reverse Michael Jackson...

EDIT: ****, thats Dwight York, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

to be treated equal

can s/he be kicked in the nuts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is done in lot of asain countries where they are not as hung up on gender.
    I don't think it's too young to know but such children should be assessed properly by kiddie head shrinks but once that is done then they should be let live as who they are not what people tell them they are.

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200811/transgender-children
    http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3088298

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

to be treated equal

can s/he be kicked in the nuts?

That's a whole other kettle of fish. Transgender fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

well he still has them ^

what if he is plating sports and gets hit - will if have to be a women and just get on with it - while a bit of him dies outside

• Advertisement

Personally I think he's a bit young to be making that type of decision. I just hope he doesn't regret it in a few years.
    I know.
    Can you imagine if you grew up and then had a load of photos from yourself in drag from 8-14?

"Uh, daddy had what we call a "phase""

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

The lunatics have taken over the asylum :rolleyes: Bring back Adolf, all is forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

that kids a hero...

who among us has never wanted to go into the girls bathroom and see wtf is goin on in there... this kid has gone deep cover to help the men of the world find out...

EDIT: this kid is 8? riiiiiiggggggghhhhhhtttttttttt........

McArmalite wrote: »
    The lunatics have taken over the asylum :rolleyes: Bring back Adolf, all is forgiven.
    I wish there was a :sceptical: smiley.

"We've become too tolerant, let's bring back the gas chambers, that'll balance us out."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

He's pre puberty ffs, he doesn't even know what it's like to have a horn yet.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I've nothing against transgender people but he's FAR too young to be going about as a girl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

If a child's that convinced he's supposed to be a girl I think it would be cruel to force him to live as boy, as long as nothing permanent is done before he hits puberty I don't see a problem.

It will be easier for them to assess him psychologically as he gets older and closer to puberty and more permanent measures can be looked into, but for the moment let him live as a girl if it makes him happy and hopefully it will help him come to terms with things, ie. he'll be happy living like that or maybe he wont.

Advertisement