Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

computer shops in dublin

• 16-10-2008 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    I'm looking to look at some laptops (the subnotebook type particularly) and printers this weekend.
    Problems are 1. I have no transport except Dublin bus :(
    2. I know-not Dublin well.

I'd prefer to use my legs than to get a Dublin bus out somewhere. Are there any big stores in the city?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

to be really honest you'd get a far better deal online, but if you're set on the idea of going to a shop why go to dublin? WOuldnt it be easier to go to Dundalk or even over the border if you're based in monaghan? I think you're going to be paying a bit more in dublin for your stuff.

Also if you go to a PC world or the like DO NOT let them sell you anti virus or firewall software , there are much better alternatives to be had online and can be easially downloaded free and legally in a matter of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Check out maxburns.ie they're beside O'Connell Bridge and Hua Wei computers on 117 Capel Street (01-8749034)

Both great stores. Not sure if HW has laptops but give him a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

actually I'm just interested in *looking* at computers and printers, I will buy online.

thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

declan_lgs wrote: »
    actually I'm just interested in *looking* at computers and printers, I will buy online.

thanks guys

Ah ha, ok then , you could also check out the laptop shop in St Stephans Green shopping center

Advertisement