Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC TC7200U & VPN

• 18-08-2014 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭

Quick question for the more techy guys here.

My dad has a TC7200 from UPC With 120MB broadband. He uses Hola to stream HULU whrough a windows 7 desktop. He's just got a western Digital Live (think it's the live) for the tv downstairs & I was wondering if there's any way to use a VPN on the router so that the WD would think it's in the US & allow him to use the HULU (& Netflix) app or else stream from the desktop to the WD?

TNX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Arisu

Well, he could put the modem into bridge mode (you don't have to do that, but I still think that having two networks is useless, when the only device on the modems network is the modem itself and the router) and get a router which supports VPN (or atleast one where you can install OpenWRT, and install a package for VPN).

Advertisement