Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

g&g ebr disassembly

Options
  • 10-10-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

does anyone know of any links on the disassembly of the g&g ebr long??
    the gun is firing in full auto as soon as i attach the battery and without even touching the trigger..looked on youtube and theres only one vid which is useless..thanks all hope someone can help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

hothead wrote: »
    does anyone know of any links on the disassembly of the g&g ebr long??
    the gun is firing in full auto as soon as i attach the battery and without even touching the trigger..looked on youtube and theres only one vid which is useless..thanks all hope someone can help

Just take off the trigger assembly, and have a look in, I'd put my money that the part connected to the trigger is stuck in the forward position. Just pull it back gently and slide it back and forth making sure it is not getting caught.

The trigger assembly can be trickyish to take off first and put it back on.

It is relatively easy to strip fully but you have to be very carefull with certain parts.

Try that first and let me know how you get on. I'll walk you through the dissasembly if you want after.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hothead

hi southern dandy
    thank you for your help mate much appreciated.ill give that a go. bloody thing had it nearly two weeks and havnt fired one shot yet lol thanks

Just take off the trigger assembly, and have a look in, I'd put my money that the part connected to the trigger is stuck in the forward position. Just pull it back gently and slide it back and forth making sure it is not getting caught.

The trigger assembly can be trickyish to take off first and put it back on.

It is relatively easy to strip fully but you have to be very carefull with certain parts.

Try that first and let me know how you get on. I'll walk you through the dissasembly if you want after.
    i tried what you said with trigger and all was fine spring was good too..what i think is doing it is theres two wires going directly from the motor to the battery and not to the trigger?? should there be another wire going from motor to trigger? and where on the motor does it go because theres only 2 places on motor to put wires??

i tried what you said with trigger and all was fine spring was good too..what i think is doing it is theres two wires going directly from the motor to the battery and not to the trigger?? should there be another wire going from motor to trigger? and where on the motor does it go because theres only 2 places on motor to put wires??

Red (+): goes from the Battery to trigger contact then from there to the motor.

Black (-): goes straight to the motor.

There is always only 2 wires where the motor is.

You should see the red wire going from the battery into the gearbox housing and another beneath it, exiting going to the motor?

They are soldered on to the motor tabs. Have you taken the gearbox out completely?

Red (+): goes from the Battery to trigger contact then from there to the motor.

Black (-): goes straight to the motor.

There is always only 2 wires where the motor is.

You should see the red wire going from the battery into the gearbox housing and another beneath it, exiting going to the motor?

They are soldered on to the motor tabs. Have you taken the gearbox out completely?
    ye i have gearbox out and open.there was no wire running from battery to gearbox at all just straight from motor to battery..so do i cut the red? bring from battery to one of the tabs then the part from the other tab to the motor??

• Advertisement

ye i have gearbox out and open.there was no wire running from battery to gearbox at all just straight from motor to battery..so do i cut the red? bring from battery to one of the tabs then the part from the other tab to the motor??

Dude are you serious? when did you buy this? and was it from a retailer?.

Can you post a photo?, That is ridiculous.

There should be two red cables entering the gearbox shell, one to the battery and one to motor!. Take a photo of the gearbox this will give me more of an idea what your dealing with.

This is an image I pulled from a different forum. This is from a ordinary G&G M14, not the EBR. Now because EBR's are front wired the cable direction is different but the principle is the same, identical gearbox.

M14 Gearbox.jpg

Notice how there are two cables coming from the trigger. 1 to the motor and 1 to the battery, which you can not see. Are you sure there are no cables coming from this section?.

Dude are you serious? when did you buy this? and was it from a retailer?.

Can you post a photo?, That is ridiculous.

There should be two red cables entering the gearbox shell, one to the battery and one to motor!. Take a photo of the gearbox this will give me more of an idea what your dealing with.
    hahaha yeee im serious.havnt got a pic of it now because i done what you said to me and at last now shes firing..so thanks for your help couldnt have done it without you cheers..also found the bolt cover wasnt on it and the carriage that holds the motor one of the prongs on each side was broken too :( so now need to get a bolt cover and motor carriage..but hard to find......i know where to come if i get stuck anyway :D
    thanks again for the help its much appreciated

Advertisement