Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dole Query

Options
  • 09-12-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi,

Quick question here. I started a job there 3 weeks ago. Im finished the job now.It was a 3 week working job. I would do the three weeks and then they tell me if I got the job or not for permanently.I didnt succeed.

I was on dole anyway before the job started.I collected dole the first week of my three week job. The next week I didnt collect and during that week I was supposed to sign on 2/12/2011 (last week).Reason being was that I was getting wages into my bank account and I was certain that I would get the job permanently and not be ion dole anymore. I never signed on and I also never collected my dole this week.

Because I never signed on last week and didnt go up to sign on this week am I off the dole or will I be able to just go up on monday and sign on and everything is back to normall? I am hoping that I dont have to register again?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

did you not tell the sw about the job ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

You're supposed to sign off the dole when you get work, so you can be pretty sure there's going to be a lot of paper work.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭yomamma

Hi,

No I never told the social welfare I got work but I didnt keep collecting. I was just possitive that I was gonna get the job permanent so didnt bother going to social welfare and was just gonna stop collecting.

I hope there is not alot of hassle. So I am guessing by responses that It wont be a case where I can just sign on. Was gonna tell them that I was away in england last two weeks. They would have my p45 details though linked to the job I just had.

yomamma wrote: »
    Hi,

No I never told the social welfare I got work but I didnt keep collecting. I was just possitive that I was gonna get the job permanent so didnt bother going to social welfare and was just gonna stop collecting.

I hope there is not alot of hassle. So I am guessing by responses that It wont be a case where I can just sign on. Was gonna tell them that I was away in england last two weeks. They would have my p45 details though linked to the job I just had.

well if you didn't tell them you may be in a spot of bother, your supposed to tell them of any work that you do,

you will have a bit explaining to do to them, i think you will be waiting a while for anything because they will want to investigate.

You should of signed off when u got the work

gustafo wrote: »
    well if you didn't tell them you may be in a spot of bother, your supposed to tell them of any work that you do,

you will have a bit explaining to do to them, i think you will be waiting a while for anything because they will want to investigate.

You should of signed off when u got the work

Cheers for heads up! Man its been a bad day :(

I was only in the job for 3 weeks so didnt think that it was gonna be a big deal? Ill be getting my p45 next week aswell so hopefully that should speed process.

I am on job seekers allowance. I am such an idiot for not telling them that I go a job. In fairness to me though I found out that I had the job on a friday and started on monday so because I was working 5 day weeks how could I have went to them and tell them?

• Advertisement

Cheers for heads up! Man its been a bad day :(

I was only in the job for 3 weeks so didnt think that it was gonna be a big deal? Ill be getting my p45 next week aswell so hopefully that should speed process.

I am on job seekers allowance. I am such an idiot for not telling them that I go a job. In fairness to me though I found out that I had the job on a friday and started on monday so because I was working 5 day weeks how could I have went to them and tell them?

you can sign off online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Hi,

Quick question here. I started a job there 3 weeks ago. Im finished the job now.It was a 3 week working job. I would do the three weeks and then they tell me if I got the job or not for permanently.I didnt succeed.

I was on dole anyway before the job started.I collected dole the first week of my three week job. The next week I didnt collect and during that week I was supposed to sign on 2/12/2011 (last week).Reason being was that I was getting wages into my bank account and I was certain that I would get the job permanently and not be ion dole anymore. I never signed on and I also never collected my dole this week.

Because I never signed on last week and didnt go up to sign on this week am I off the dole or will I be able to just go up on monday and sign on and everything is back to normall? I am hoping that I dont have to register again?

Cheers!
    They should be giving you a pat on the back for trying to get a job!

Go in and tell them what happened monday, it is there job after all.

Just bringing up this thread again.

Im gonna be goin to the social welfare tomorrow. Its christmas time as you know so getting back on the dole as soon as possible is well needed. If I was to go to the social welfare office and tell them a made up reason why I couldnt sign on two weeks ago and could only sign on week comming will that work? Will they know that I have had a job last three weeks?

Whats the best advice I can take to get back on as quick as possible?

Don't be silly. You've just said that you know they will be able to check on your P45 and see you were working. Tell them the truth, you're far more likely to get somewhere.
    You'd have a hard time coming up with an excuse that covers you for not signing on two weeks after your date, especially one that meant you didn't have time to notify them in advance and get a different date.
    There's also a chance that some of the last week you collected you are not entitled to, because obviously you're not supposed to get paid from both once you're working over a certain amount of hours. I could definitely be wrong, I don't know how your payment worked with the days you started working.
    Definitely don't make up a story in a situation like this, you'll be in ten times more trouble when they catch you.

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Don't be silly. You've just said that you know they will be able to check on your P45 and see you were working. Tell them the truth, you're far more likely to get somewhere.
    You'd have a hard time coming up with an excuse that covers you for not signing on two weeks after your date, especially one that meant you didn't have time to notify them in advance and get a different date.
    There's also a chance that some of the last week you collected you are not entitled to, because obviously you're not supposed to get paid from both once you're working over a certain amount of hours. I could definitely be wrong, I don't know how your payment worked with the days you started working.
    Definitely don't make up a story in a situation like this, you'll be in ten times more trouble when they catch you.

Cheers! You're right Ill just be completely true to them and hopefully works out well!

Story is anyway. Started a job 3 weeks ago, collected dole for first two weeks while I was working.My first pay came from work two weeks into the job so For first week I still think I was entitle to dole? Never signed on (30th Novemeber) and didnt collect wednesday just gone.3 Week Job finished now and looking to be back on benefit again. Was supposed to sign on Last week (30th Nov) and never done so.

Hopefully they will be nice about it and process it quickly because it is christmas :). I didnt do too much wrong in fairness and there are people out there screwing the system up big time. My crime was I never told them I got a job and I collected the dole probably one week more than I should have.

• Advertisement

There's a good chance you'll be expected to pay back the money you owe them for claiming - likely when they process your claim they'll reduce your weekly payments until you have it cleared (if you're waiting for it, they might just take it out of the back-date, which I'd say most people prefer).

It's always an unwritten case with Social Welfare that if you're in doubt, tell them anyway. I had a CWO suspend my rent allowance for two weeks because there was a Jag parked outside my flat every day from 9-6. She never thought to check with the Solicitor office above my flat if anyone there owned it.

Went up to dole office there today. I was told to just bring in my p45 and they will process my payments within three days. She didnt say anything to me about not unregistering when I found work. I was probably better off not unregistering as If I did I would have to go through a long process of re registering.

This is only what the girl in the dole office said so Wouldnt be surprised if it will be more complicated than she explained. ;)

She did however say that payment deductions will be made considering I was working three weeks and I collected my dole for two of those working weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Hi,

My wife is part-time teaching and finishes up her job on the 22nd of December. She will be starting a full-time job on January 9th next year. She has worked full-time for the past 5 or 6 years in both private and public sector.

Is she entitled to the dole for the two weeks that she is not working over Christmas?

padraig.od wrote: »
    Hi,

My wife is part-time teaching and finishes up her job on the 22nd of December. She will be starting a full-time job on January 9th next year. She has worked full-time for the past 5 or 6 years in both private and public sector.

Is she entitled to the dole for the two weeks that she is not working over Christmas?

She could apply for it, but she wouldn't get a payment before she'd be starting work again. I imagine it would be stamps though, if she's been working that long. But she is entitled, just probably won't see it until the end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    She could apply for it, but she wouldn't get a payment before she'd be starting work again. I imagine it would be stamps though, if she's been working that long. But she is entitled, just probably won't see it until the end of January.

Thanks for the quick reply! End of January is when we usually feel the post Christmas pinch so the few bob would be well needed.

Pádraig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sweetpea123

I'm brand new to this,I dont even know how to create a new thread :-/... I have a query, I am currently 18 years old,I started this year repeating my leaving cert,fell pregnant and am due when my L.C starts.. SO I had to leave school.
    I am still living at home with well off parents but cannot find a job,can I claim the dole?If so what is involved in 'means testing' ?:confused:

I'm brand new to this,I dont even know how to create a new thread :-/... I have a query, I am currently 18 years old,I started this year repeating my leaving cert,fell pregnant and am due when my L.C starts.. SO I had to leave school.
    I am still living at home with well off parents but cannot find a job,can I claim the dole?If so what is involved in 'means testing' ?:confused:

you will be means tested against your parents income so if they are well off don't expect to get much

Advertisement