Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

downloading cover art

• 04-09-2009 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

I have transferred all my cds to mp3 over the yrs aswell as a few thousand albums from various mates over he yrs. However i am missing tonnes of artwork for various albums. Does anyone know of a site that i can download the cover art for free?? Any help appreciated

frAg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

frag420 wrote: »
    I have transferred all my cds to mp3 over the yrs aswell as a few thousand albums from various mates over he yrs. However i am missing tonnes of artwork for various albums. Does anyone know of a site that i can download the cover art for free?? Any help appreciated

frAg
    Yeah, iTunes. If you add all your music and sign in to your iTunes account, click "Get Album Artwork" and just wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

yeah considered itunes but i dont have account and cant get one without credit card and me and credit cards do not go well together.

Any other suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Try MP3Tag, although I have never used it for a batch process, usually just album by album. I am sure their forums can help if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Winamp does the job as well without having to sign up for any bollix... Right click on an mp3 > view info > artwork > download

Would be serious hassle trawling through a site for individual album covers...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nothing to do with Broadband so moving it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

frag420 wrote: »
    yeah considered itunes but i dont have account and cant get one without credit card and me and credit cards do not go well together.

Any other suggestions
    You don't need one to get an account and for getting all your artwork, iTunes does it well.

Create an iTunes App Store account without a credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I've tried two apps called Album Art Downloader and Album Cover Art Downloader with varied success, can't remember which one worked the best (I think the 2nd one), but they're both free.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/
    http://www.unrealvoodoo.org/hiteck/projects/albumart/

Screw Apple and its crappy software! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Toyota_Avensis

iTunes is your best bet, once all your music is on that.
    It's possible to creat a free account, and once its set up you just set iTunes up that it automagically adds new Album Artwork.

Make sure your album info / artists etc. is filled in correctly in order to get the right album artwork

Simply Google how to set up a free Apple iTunes Account without using a credit card. You start by downloading an App for iPhone / iTouch. :D

Very trouble free and can be set up in Minutes :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

And if itunes doesn't get them for you just copy and paste from Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

BopNiblets wrote: »
    I've tried two apps called Album Art Downloader and Album Cover Art Downloader with varied success, can't remember which one worked the best (I think the 2nd one), but they're both free.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/
    http://www.unrealvoodoo.org/hiteck/projects/albumart/

Screw Apple and its crappy software! :D
    +1 for which ever one of these I used!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

Mediamonkey

Right click on the album and auto tag.
    or
    Google the album, find the cover and add it in properties in mediamonkey(works for me)

http://download.cnet.com/MediaMonkey-Standard/3000-2141_4-10109807.html?part=dl-101733&subj=dl&tag=top5&cdlPid=11002265

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Sort-of bumping here,

I was wondering does anyone know why, though practically all my music has album art in the folder icon in Windows Explorer, I can't actually find the corresponding image files? I've used the Album Art Downloader mentioned above, and it seems to find a folder.jpg for everything, but I can't! I can't then manage to add the album art as a tag, cause I don't know where to point mp3tag to unless I download the cover myself.

I know there's other ways around this, iTunes etc, but it's frustrating to think I have all the album art somewhere, but I can't tag it properly!

Advertisement