Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How's life in NZ/Aus?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

/runs in to thread and does a few happy laps.

My and my oh's garda certs arrived today. God bless the gardai. They were great.

Now once I get the $400 together for the medical and then the $700 for the visa I can apply for my residency.

I'm ridiculously pleased that they arrived! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Man could this day go any slower? Been wrecked all day, stayed up til 3:30 watching Wexford Tyrone in the football at home. 3.5 hours sleep, plus a few beers = slow day!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bit fooked meself. Stayed up for Super City then had the arse bored off me by Pool and Villa. Had a BBQ round at the rellies as well after my game so a few beers were consumed. Feckin hate Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

At least Monday's OVER. Everyone in Western Europe is just STARTING theirs.

I just wish the weather would improve. I'm bored with overcast days. Grrrrrr.

• Advertisement

At least Monday's OVER. Everyone in Western Europe is just STARTING theirs.

I just wish the weather would improve. I'm bored with overcast days. Grrrrrr.

It's the first day of Spring. It's only up from here!

Man I'm tired this week!

Had my 4th game in 10 days last night so really starting to feel it. Been a long season. Yesterday's game was a cup semi which we won 5-2 so not gonna complain too much! Dyin for the weekend though.

So you can go drinking and tire yourself out even more?;)

Ha possibly so! Gotta see how funds are as I'm not paid til next Wednesday.

On a more positive note I was given a promotion today with not one but two pay rises coming my way in the next couple of months! Get in!

Money is such a pain in the hole!

I'm looking to change companies at the minute, so hoping to negotiate a hefty pay rise in the process!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Essssssssss, FRIDEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Oh jolly Friday. And I have it cushy because I finish work at 11.30 every morning, so by lunch time I'll be out and about, starting to enjoy my weekend. I'm also supposed to be meeting the project manager for our house today and walking around on site, so that's exciting. That, and Watna was right, the weather's improving already! WOOHOO!

So are you happy then, couldn't quite make it out from your post?!;)

I've had a cushy week, we submitted a tender on Monday, so I've been doing sweet FA all week! Today won't be any different!

Ouch, sore head! Went out for "one drink" after work with some work people and ended up scoffing mcdonalds and drunkenly weaving home in the early hours of the morning.

I'm glad I work with alcoholics... it's nice to have people to go out with!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Went to court yesterday.

Bosses mate is a lawyer - Good
    Pro Bono - Good
    Lawyer and Judge were Drinkin Buddies - Good
    Lawyer Judge and BOSS are drinkin buddies - Epic

$75 fine, Drug Diversion, No convictions recorded - WIN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

62699.JPG
    new sig

Aksherly Watna, wanna make a sticky for sigs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

I just booked my flights home for Christmas! Will be nearly 3 years I've been here by then. I'm a tad excited to say the least.

Booking mine this week. Flight centre are quoting me $3,500 to dublin with etihad. Where did you get a $3,000 quote?
    Is everyone aware that if you are on 457 visa and sponsored by a recruitment agency, you are entitled to have half the price of your flight payed for by the agency?
    For the new 457'ers. Us oldies can can it back as a tax deduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

Sydney Weather

FRI Morning Clouds. Warm. min - 14 max - 26
    SAT Sunny. Warm. min - 16 max - 30

The summer is here!!

Melbourne was 26 last Saturday. Amazing. Was a bit colder during the week, but today it's been well over 20 I reckon. I loving the sun!

Well I went playin golf yesterday for work and it absolutely belted down halfway through the round. Got absolutely drowned.

On the plus side, it was a professional course that had wild kangaroos hopping across the fairway every few holes! Some superb scenery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

The bbq got lit up for the first time in about 5 months yesterday, spring is here.
    Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Lashing here in Melbourne now!

Chucked down here yesterday too but clear blue skies today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Chucked down here yesterday too but clear blue skies today.
    Nah lovely here yesterday man, beers beside the yarra. Lovely!

Feckin lovely day here today. Hit the beach this afternoon and went for a bit of a paddle. Super stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

I was in perth which i didnt really like. A lad i knew got bashed with a bottle and is lucky to be alive and also the weather was ****e when I was there. I am currently on a station in the kimberely region of wa and i love it. 42 degrees every day. Sydney next for christmas

plonk wrote: »
    I was in perth which i didnt really like. A lad i knew got bashed with a bottle and is lucky to be alive and also the weather was ****e when I was there. I am currently on a station in the kimberely region of wa and i love it. 42 degrees every day. Sydney next for christmas

Could happen anywhere tbh.

If you were in Perth in winter then of course the weather was bad.

I had lunch with friends on their deck yesterday and was wearing a little summer dress and actually got some colour on my arms. It was lovely. Bring on the Wellington summer. I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

but...the sun didnt happen yesterday?

Really? We had blaxing sunshine in Wellington on Sunday. Guess it didn't get as far down as Christchurch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭0utpost31

plonk wrote: »
    I was in perth which i didnt really like. A lad i knew got bashed with a bottle and is lucky to be alive and also the weather was ****e when I was there./quote]

You can get bottled across the head in rainy weather anywhere you plonk.

Advertisement