Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Neyite wrote: »
    Well, dang. Because your fertility issues are all about her. Obviously. :rolleyes:

Now that my outraged sarcasm is out of the way. HOW DARE SHE??? What kind of a "friend" is she??

ah sure i know,i made a hasty exit to the bar after that comment for fear of tears!It's hard enough going through this without the weight of that on my shoulder's!She was a very close friend until that comment and other stuff she said at the time but at the same time she has two little people whom i adore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

bobskii wrote: »
    Hi Stickybean,how long have you been trying?We have an appointment in the Hari in February too,been tryin 4years.I find this thread great for making how i feel seem normal!My best friend of 23 years just had a baby and i must say she has been great,other friends who know our situation seem afraid to offer me a cuddle of their baby,she just plonks him on my lap without a thought!!It's friends like you can open up too i feel.I have another friend who has a six month old who told me awhile back at a wedding that her whole pregnancy was ruined because of 'my situation'!

It's not an easy road were on but we'll get there :)

Hi Bobskii, we are trying for 15 months now :( - we are taking some time out at the minute, as in not using ovulation kits or timing sex but still not using protection, but if I am honest using a lot of praying and good wished :D

Thats so funny your friend said that, I would have just laughed, how sad must her life be if you ruined her pregnancy, I swear I could slap people sometimes.

I get a little sad when I hear of friends pregancy I think it is just the initial feeling of "Will it ever be me?", but sure after small bit of time I am delighted for them, and love when they do have their little bundles :) great excuse for a good cuddle

we've stopped tryin ourselves,same as that just not using ovulation kits.we've been more relaxed since we got our referral!The only time i had a wobble was when my brother announced he was goin to be a dad,i hung up the phone and had a good ole cry!!

I'm with you on the slapping people,4 years ive been listening to my in-laws taunting us about starting a family,especially at this time of year because we all get together for a christmas gathering,it's gettin tougher every year.I just refuse to let my friends words bother me,i know deep down she didn't mean it the way it came out but i also know it was a harsh thing to listen to,especially as she's ne of very few people ive trusted with the fact that we are going through it,hopefully this will be a lucky year for both of us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

Bobski what a horrible thing for your friend to say its hard enough going through this and then when you confide in a friend for them to say something like that.
    im dreading christmas with the in laws its my turn to drive this year and i would put money on it ill be asked constantly about when were having out own family i just usually smile and nod but if its a bad day they could get the whole well ya never know we could have issues response.
    had a weird weekend i was completely wrecked the whole time had an afternoon nap on sat and sunday just feel drained am back to doc to find out if my thyroid meds need to be upped or if its just the commuting to work thats draining me.

I know it was hard to hear alright but thankfully i just brushed it aside,i won't forget it but i'm not going to dwell on it either,i have thyroid issues too,i have mine regulated but i still have days where i can be exhausted for no reason!
    In-laws are a nightmare,i know they don't know unless you tell them but its been 4 years of listening to it for us and i wish they'd just back off!!In fairness its only one in particular who keeps it going every year,makes me dread going near them so much so im thinkin of feining illness this year,unfair on my other half though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Hi guys, I can't freaking believe this - I totally gave up the last month now that I had the pcos diagnosis and no appointment till March. Didn't bother coming on here, took the vitamins at random, ate all the wrong things, had baileys yesterday with pizza!

AF as usual was like at 80 days and I thought nothing of it and tested on day 80 like I was told to do....well, two lines came up!:eek:

I didn't even register it for like twenty minutes - just expected the usual "no dice" - I was even sighing and getting ready to pop the test in the bin and head to work!

It's still very early days and I'm trying to keep the hopes low till I get the real doctors confirmation but I'm gobsmacked - after more than two years of trying! Santa brought me the best pressie ever!

Wishing everyone luck with their journey and fingers crossed ye'll all get your Xmas wish :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Wow!!! What an awesome Christmas gift, whatdoicare!!!! I'm sooo happy for you :)

Neyite wrote: »
    Wow!!! What an awesome Christmas gift, whatdoicare!!!! I'm sooo happy for you :)

Thanks Neyite - I totally don't believe it, I'm convinced I'll go into the doctors and she'll tell me it was all in my head and I read it wrong :rolleyes: It's unreal! Hope you have a Happy Christmas and an amazing new year!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

That's fantastic whatdoicare, delighted for you :)

whatdoicare thats brill news and you fill me with hope having pcos myself :d super happy for you thats brill news.
    ah bobski i completely understand how hard it is with in laws and i would love not to go to his but ill bite my tongue but i think if its mentioned i might just say its rather insensitive of you to be saying that for all you know we have some issues that could delay the process that will either shut them up or lead to more questions and i dont know if i want the questions as we havent told anyone were ttc i cant tell my friends were having issues and its not that they wouldnt be there for me its more were at different times in our lives and i dont want to bring them down. i have one friend i would be completely lost without who knows and she is really like a big sister to me and i thank god for her everyday as i would be lost without her and this actually.
    i have actually got apt with doc just after christmas to talk bout where we go and im happy bout it that at least we will have some answers even if they are ones i dont quite want to hear right now....

• Advertisement

Wow whatdoicare, that's AMAZING news

Big Huge Congrats xxx

Congratulations!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Whatdoicare, that is the single best christmas present ever!!!!!!! You must be just thrilled! I am so so so delighted for you.

Girl, there is definitely something other than myth in just forgetting about ttc and enjoying your life. So many people seem to be concieve during those months, myself included :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Whatdoicare massive Congrats, delighted for you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

MASSIVE congrats!! Happy Christmas in your house :D:D

Whatdoicare that's great news,extra special christmas for you now:)
    carlyam2 i know what you mean i'll be biting my tongue too no doubt,i have a friend like that myself she's definately a diamond,i think everyone should have one!!

Here's hopin 2013 is gonna be a good year for us all!

Thanks everyone for the amazing responses! I wish I could hug all of you for all your support over the last few months!
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Thanks everyone for the amazing responses! I wish I could hug all of you for all your support over the last few months!
    Merry Christmas everyone!

:) And a very merry christmas to you ...enjoy this special christmas!

Hi guys, I had my second op yesterday and he did both the fibroid and the septum, so I'm finished :-). Hopefully no more operations for this girl. I am on difene, two anti biotics and hrt. Plus I have a tube up there for 48 hours. Last night was very uncomfortable with a lot of pain but this morning I'm doing better. I've added Tylex into the mix as I definitely needed more pain killers, I had them from previous op where I didn't have as much pain so didn't use them. Fingers crossed I'll be up and running and we can start trying after 6 week hrt is finished. 2013 is looking like our year, now if only I can force some food down my gob ;-)

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Hi guys, I had my second op yesterday and he did both the fibroid and the septum, so I'm finished :-). Hopefully no more operations for this girl. I am on difene, two anti biotics and hrt. Plus I have a tube up there for 48 hours. Last night was very uncomfortable with a lot of pain but this morning I'm doing better. I've added Tylex into the mix as I definitely needed more pain killers, I had them from previous op where I didn't have as much pain so didn't use them. Fingers crossed I'll be up and running and we can start trying after 6 week hrt is finished. 2013 is looking like our year, now if only I can force some food down my gob ;-)

So so pleased for you barbiegirl. Really hope 2013 is your year too. x

oh barbiegirl here is hoping 2013 is a great year for you. and tylex has to be the best drug for pain relief.
    fingers crossed 2013 is a great year for all of us here :)

• Advertisement

Well I am out for yet another month, I suppose I am glad to get the disappointment over with before Christmas :(

after much thought ive decided to be an ostrich over christmas i want to enjoy it and not worry about what the doc has to say i cant hear it right now i want to just relax and enjoy the time with my new hubby.
    well deal with our issues in jan.
    just wanted to say have a great christams to everyone and thanks again for listening means a whole lot.
    hear is to great things in 2013 :D

stickybean wrote: »
    Well I am out for yet another month, I suppose I am glad to get the disappointment over with before Christmas :(
    Huge hugs stickybean, have a happy Christmas and I have my fingers crossed the new year will be your year :)

carlyam2 wrote: »
    after much thought ive decided to be an ostrich over christmas i want to enjoy it and not worry about what the doc has to say i cant hear it right now i want to just relax and enjoy the time with my new hubby.
    well deal with our issues in jan.
    just wanted to say have a great christams to everyone and thanks again for listening means a whole lot.
    hear is to great things in 2013 :D
    Have a merry Christmas Carlyam! Hope the year 2013 is the year for you!

Happy Christmas guys, hope you are all having fun :-). I'm doing well, off everything bar hrt and naltraxone, but the hrt is making me very itchy down below. It's not thrush but I have been using canestan to alleviate things a bit. It's just a small, worth it side affect that is driving me mad. Has anyone any alternate suggestions?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Happy Christmas guys, hope you are all having fun :-). I'm doing well, off everything bar hrt and naltraxone, but the hrt is making me very itchy down below. It's not thrush but I have been using canestan to alleviate things a bit. It's just a small, worth it side affect that is driving me mad. Has anyone any alternate suggestions?
    Would natural yoghurt soothe the itch? I know it works well for thrush. I'd say also let lots of air circulate, leave off the undies when you can and wear loose clothing like pjs or skirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hey barbie :)
    Glad to hear all well! Would you try something like replens which is a vaginal moisturiser available in pharmacies? It's just for irritation or dryness but sometimes it's that which causes itch? I think using canesten too regularly could interfere with your natural flora as its anti fungal so I'd be inclined to avoid that if its not thrush? If its not anyway dry or irritated you could try taking probiotics? Like acidophilus, up to six a day when it's bad and then just one if not! Just some advise from experience - not medical obvs so may be something to ask doc about as you want your mucus to be just right for the new yr !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

dublinlady wrote: »

Hey barbie :)
    Glad to hear all well! Would you try something like replens which is a vaginal moisturiser available in pharmacies? It's just for irritation or dryness but sometimes it's that which causes itch? I think using canesten too regularly could interfere with your natural flora as its anti fungal so I'd be inclined to avoid that if its not thrush? If its not anyway dry or irritated you could try taking probiotics? Like acidophilus, up to six a day when it's bad and then just one if not! Just some advise from experience - not medical obvs so may be something to ask doc about as you want your mucus to be just right for the new yr !

Meant to add there's also the multigyn gel :)

Thanks guys. For whatever reason it has settled down, thank god. :-) no longer dancing about with itch.hope everyone else is well

• Advertisement

Girls I won't be on here for the next couple of days, but just want to wish all the TTC girls a very Happy New Year, fingers crossed 2013 will be our year. Best of luck girls.

*.-*+ Baby Dust for 2013 +*-.*

xxxxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement