Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ethnography Assignment

• 16-11-2014 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My name is Hannah, I'm a sociology student taking a Sociology of Cyberspace class. One of my assignments is to carry out ethnography research with an online group by introducing myself and observing interaction among the members. I will then give feedback based on what I observed, however everything I share will be completely anonymous and I will not be linking back to the group itself.

As Boards.ie want those of us doing research to introduce ourselves first, I'm posting this here. I've chosen to look at the Coronation Street thread to do my assignment, provided those members are happy for me to hang out there for the next week or so.

I may use this thread in the future in order to ask specific questions without clogging up the actual Coronation Street thread.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The mod of the soap operas forum has removed your post due to cross posting, if you have research or a survey, please stick to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hannahbyrne

Gordon wrote: »
    The mod of the soap operas forum has removed your post due to cross posting, if you have research or a survey, please stick to this thread.

I'm very sorry for this, I was sincerely trying my best to follow guidelines but I didn't realise I was not allowed to introduce myself in the forum. I won't use boards.ie for my assignment. I have tried to delete this thread but I don't seem to be allowed to, if you want to remove it from the site you can since I won't be using it anymore.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement