Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dashcam install

• 06-04-2014 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all

I am proposing in installing an in- car CCTV in my car. Can anyone please advise what type/make I should consider at a reasonable price. I have googled the various types/makes and find it very confusing that no particular type/make stands out with a good rating from reviews. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Well making sure you're windscreen is clean will help. I was amazed by AG glass polish and it doesn't fog the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 martingkenny

Hi guys, Im hoping I can get abit of help with wiring up a reverse camera to my dashcam.
    I have my dashcam hardwired to my main car battery using a 12/5V adapter.
    Front camera and dashcam are working fine.
    Problem is when I connect the rear cameras red(to reverse wire) and black(to ground wire) the rear cameras picture become kinda distorted kinda like a poor tv signal.
    If I remove the ground wire the picture becomes crystal clear.
    Is it ok to leave the ground wire disconnected from the reverse lamp or will this burn out the rear camera or even worse the dashcam?
    Ive also notice that if I disconnect the red and black wire from the reverse lamp altogether I can still receive picture feed from the rear camera but it does not change automatically when I put the car into reverse gear, I have to manually change between front and back camera.
    Really confused?????
    It looks like the rear cam is receiving power from the dashcam through the video feed cable as it has four wires inside it...yellow, white, red and black!!!
    I guess the red and black are feeding power to the rear camera and yellow and white are for picture but im not sure?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Advertisement