Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSD HDD Trouble

• 03-11-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I connected my Ps3's hdd to my pc to see if I could back up the data on the ps3. I did this through a SATA enclosure. It installed the device(hdd) on my pc like it would with a USB Stick.
    When I realised i couldn't access the data on the ps3 I put the hdd back into my ps3. When I started it a message came up saying that it needs to be formatted I really dont want to loose all the data on the PS3 hdd, is there anything I can do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

The PS3 Hard drive is encrypted and matched with the motherboard, so its only accessible on your PS3.

Connecting it to your PC would prompt your PC to format the drive. Hopefully you did't do that but it sounds like you are in trouble.

Did you eject the disk properly or just unplug it when you realised it could not be read.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fouga

No I didnt format the drive when I connected it to the pc, it just installed the device like it would a USB Flash device. As far as I remember I ejected it properly. I have no idea what went wrong.

BTW I just formatted it and installed the games again. Wasted too much time on google looking for answers.

I didnt loose alot of useful data from the hdd, dont play most of the games, movies etc anymore and the games I do use I just play online so all that data was ok on psn, so I wasn't too bothered about it. But still it shouldnt do that

Advertisement