Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I can't go, I've work the next morning, and that's before I try to find somewhere to stay for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

oh lord what hangover!

my last day of lecture in maynooth! i know my days here are numbered but the students union really should push for a commutters hostel on campus, somewhere say up to 40 people could be accomadated surely wouldnt be to hard. at 20 euro a night with shared bathrooms and showers they could even do it for 15 a night.
    that would have been a god send for commutters. i know loads of people prob myself included who were driving up and down to college and never really got to experience the full maynooth college life cause somewhere to stay was always a bit of a problem.

what do people think? should have mentioned this 3 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I thought it was only 22 in St. Pat's...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I was out picking up a mate in maynooth on wednesday night and was parked up in the carpark near the river apartments, as students were walking back there were people in high vis jackets stopping them, looking in girls bags etc..

whats the craic there ? it looks like they were trying to find drink , is it now banned in apartments ?

• Advertisement

think st pats has a cut off time of 2 am to b in by

curfew thats the word!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Dickie10 wrote: »
    my last day of lecture in maynooth! i know my days here are numbered but the students union really should push for a commutters hostel on campus, somewhere say up to 40 people could be accomadated surely wouldnt be to hard. at 20 euro a night with shared bathrooms and showers they could even do it for 15 a night.
    that would have been a god send for commutters. i know loads of people prob myself included who were driving up and down to college and never really got to experience the full maynooth college life cause somewhere to stay was always a bit of a problem.

what do people think? should have mentioned this 3 years ago!

Is exactly what you described not on South Campus already? They're really unhelpful towards students though with things like curfews and not allowing guests

yes whats the point in that? prob for international students who sit and drink coffees in the roost and home at 11pm!

I really did enjoy the wet t shirt competition around campus today. Pity the SU didn't publicise it better....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

2 o clock is a ridiculous curfew anyway. Just late enough that the people coming back will be mangled drunk, but not so late that you can stay out and enjoy the whole night. Its not under the college's control unfortunately though, the seminary are a law onto themselves.

2 o clock is a ridiculous curfew anyway. Just late enough that the people coming back will be mangled drunk, but not so late that you can stay out and enjoy the whole night. Its not under the college's control unfortunately though, the seminary are a law onto themselves.
    Possibly because they own the place? That whole north/south campus thing, it's a joint operation between two separate entities as far as I'm aware. Maynooth University and St. Patrick's Pontifical College Maynooth are not the same thing. Even though those guys share a lot of classes and modules and subjects, even though they register at the same time, in the same office, as Maynooth University students, even though you'll do exams with seminarians and people studying at St. Pat's... although they're connected in many ways, they're separate at the same time.

Far as I'm aware...

thelad95 wrote: »
    I really did enjoy the wet t shirt competition around campus today. Pity the SU didn't publicise it better....

be careful, the last time the SU didn't inform people there would be tits on display femsoc brought out the pitchforks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I still reflect fondly on that week from time to time.

banquo wrote: »

and the "stopping institutional sexism is more important than your thesis" protest that followed. Good times.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

banquo wrote: »

That's what I should have put in that picture.

damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

"Rape culture, banks, illuminati."

–May 2014.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I assume the health centre is open next week yea?

deise_girl wrote: »
    Think the last time I was in, the doctor said she'd be working till the first week of June? Can't be sure, but they should certainly be there for the next two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

mickstupp wrote: »
    Think the last time I was in, the doctor said she'd be working till the first week of June? Can't be sure, but they should certainly be there for the next two weeks.

Thats perfect, Ill give them a ring tomorrow thanks!

deise_girl wrote: »

Definitely is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Is the printing shop in the college open today anyone know?

is there any post exam sesh on and what day is best?

Dickie10 wrote: »
    is there any post exam sesh on and what day is best?

To be honest, people finish on all different days and most people are wrecked after the exams anyway so there isn't any real big night out. What's more common is private parties or just going for a few drinks. Even at that, a lot of people will be too tired to bother.

To be honest, people finish on all different days and most people are wrecked after the exams anyway so there isn't any real big night out. What's more common is private parties or just going for a few drinks. Even at that, a lot of people will be too tired to bother.

amateur hour , maynooth you are now disappoint.

after exams 08, now that was a great 3-4 days of trashing houses and partying hard.

People do what now?

I've gone out after exams every year. There's always been proper nights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

People do what now?

I've gone out after exams every year. There's always been proper nights out.

People still go out weds / thursday of the last week of exams ;)

aaabbbb wrote: »
    People still go out weds / thursday of the last week of exams ;)

All is right with the world!!

• Advertisement

I have zero desire to do any study whatsoever. It's such a nice day outside I think I'd prefer to just play video games.

Advertisement