Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ZyXEL NSA310 1-Bay NAS Media Server (With 500GB HDD) - €90.37 delivered [Dabs.ie]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Basq wrote: »

.. where would you typically be downloading from using JDownloader for?

Multiple hosters really using realdebrid so that's why I use JD
    What tablet do you have? There's bound to be a media player application for it that supports mapped drives on it.. there's a couple of them for the iPad alone.
    I use a SGT10.1 so hopefully. I will search the Marketplace to see.
    It supports torrents and RSS feeds so that's covered.. but I'm not sure what exactly one-click hosting sites it supports bar Rapidshare and the now defunct Megaupload.

I will def look more into this.

Thanks for the help Basq ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Just came across this at hotukdeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

settings wrote: »
    Just came across this at hotukdeals.

Not available to Ireland unfortunately. It is available for the same price here however: http://www.cclonline.com/product/75856/91-016-007007B/Network-Storage-Enclosures/ZyXEL-NSA310-1-Bay-Network-Storage-Appliance-Diskless/HDD3072/

Not sure on the shipping cost from there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Think I'm going to wait for the Raspberry Pi. It may be a while before I get it but for 30 odd euros I can wait. Just what I'm looking for really, low powered (5V!) usbs, ethernet, even hdmi out. Possibilities are endless really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

AntiRip wrote: »
    Think I'm going to wait for the Raspberry Pi. It may be a while before I get it but for 30 odd euros I can wait. Just what I'm looking for really, low powered (5V!) usbs, ethernet, even hdmi out. Possibilities are endless really!

That looks pretty cool.... no idea what I'd use one for but I want it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Anyone good with python here.

I have installed FFP on this and have it up and running, But trying to get Cheetah to install and it isn't accepting the version of Python i have installed, I can't find an oarm version of Python-2.7 and without it, I don't think i can install Cheetah without Cheetah I can't install SAbnzbd.

Anyone smarter than me here that knows how to get it working(I assume there is many)

This would be great if i got it working with sabnzbd and doing so makes this the coolest NAS for €55.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thor wrote: »
    Anyone good with python here.

I have installed FFP on this and have it up and running, But trying to get Cheetah to install and it isn't accepting the version of Python i have installed, I can't find an oarm version of Python-2.7 and without it, I don't think i can install Cheetah without Cheetah I can't install SAbnzbd.

Anyone smarter than me here that knows how to get it working(I assume there is many)

This would be great if i got it working with sabnzbd and doing so makes this the coolest NAS for €55.
    http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=249&t=5439

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I've been pronouncing it "Ziks-Ell" like some kind of German dictator! :pac:
    I've been calling it Zy-tel for years, even though I know there's an "x" in it :D

EDIT: "The original idea was ZyTEL ("Zy" means nothing, "TEL" for telecommunications). The problem was that someone already had this name announced for the show. So they played around with the letters and came up with ZyXEL instead."

I was incorrectly correct! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Yeah, I have been reading everywhere, I read that a few days ago, not sure how but some people on other forums have posted that they have it working.

Not sure how, as none of them have said how. But I'm hoping the firmware update will help. Although i did find a leaked version of it and it didn't work, either because ffp-stick doesn't support it yet or the firmware actively stops it from working.

Here's hoping it will work soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

How is this working out for people! STILL havent recieved mine. Rang up dpd after i got my consignment number and it had to wrong address for some reason. They said i should have it by tomorrow though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭finno

Yep, am using it with a Mac myself.

Hi
    do you know where to get the software so i can use it on my mac?
    As the c.d. that came with seems to be for windows only.

Thanks

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

finno wrote: »
    Hi
    do you know where to get the software so i can use it on my mac?
    As the c.d. that came with seems to be for windows only.

Thanks
    Download 'NSA310_1.02_MAC_ENG.dmg' from here!

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

one more question for you in my settings i get this

Player
    VLC
    Install VLC (Please install the latest Web browser plugins for your Mac version.)
    Qt
    Installed. Current player version : Qt 7.7.1.Please install 7.6.4.

do you know what plugins i need?

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

one more question for you in my settings i get this

Player
    VLC
    Install VLC (Please install the latest Web browser plugins for your Mac version.)
    Qt
    Installed. Current player version : Qt 7.7.1.Please install 7.6.4.

do you know what plugins i need?
    Unsure.. don't watch via the browser.

how do you set up your playstation to stream movies from the media server?
    sorry for all the questions

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

how do you set up your playstation to stream movies from the media server?
    sorry for all the questions
    Just go to the Video section on your PS3 and it should be there..

.. it is on mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You may need to login to the admin section, Applications > Media Server > Enable Media Server > Home Screen and DLNA/UPnP Media Players. Mine was set to Home Screen Only initially.

So only reveived mine today after ordering in feb! Anyways i've come into another problem. My cd drive on my laptop seems not to benworking so i cant install the starter utility cd! Is there any workaround this????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Download "NSA310_1.03_WIN_ENG.exe" from here:

http://www.mmnt.net/db/0/0/ftp2.zyxel.com/NSA310/software

• Advertisement

polaris68 wrote: »
    Download "NSA310_1.03_WIN_ENG.exe" from here:

http://www.mmnt.net/db/0/0/ftp2.zyxel.com/NSA310/software

cheers thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Is there a way to use magnet links with the download manager? it isnt immediately apparent to me either where i can find a url for the links, just using the magnet shortcut doesnt work

What is the difference between a usb volume and a sata volume? I have my hard drive plugged into the usb port at the front but when i click download servoce under applications it says its not available as there is no volume:confused:

What is the difference between a usb volume and a sata volume? I have my hard drive plugged into the usb port at the front but when i click download servoce under applications it says its not available as there is no volume:confused:
    SATA is an internal disk.... USB disk is external.

You probably need to format the USB disk.

Not at home right now but think it's the little green arrow beside USB Volume (WARNING: it will wipe out all your data):

Zyxel-NSA310-Admin-interface.jpg

SATA is an internal disk.... USB disk is external.

You probably need to format the USB disk.

Ah i see so is the download option only available for internal ones then?

Ah i see so is the download option only available for internal ones then?
    Not sure.. have you formatted the USB volume so it appears under USB Volume on the front page of the Admin area?

pretty sure I formatted it. It defo wiped the drive anyways. here is what I am seeing

There's nothing under USB Volume on that second screenshot so either:

a) it's not formatted
    b) it's not detected / plugged in

sorry took that screenshot when it was still loading!here is what it is like

• Advertisement

sorry took that screenshot when it was still loading!here is what it is like
    That's fine.. and does it still say 'Download Service Not Available'?

Advertisement