Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

problem with fake company...

Options
  • 27-07-2010 6:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I working 3 weeks for security company check point security based in maldron tallaght and obriens Harcourt and grafton. Manager is <snip>. Don't want pay wages , no registration and payslips. Wher i need go for help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you spoken to anyone in the payroll department of the company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 matthew2810

Is no payroll dep.
    I speak with company owner.
    Don't want pay money.
    Garda can help?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

First port of call is to go to your boss. Tell him that you are entitled to Terms of Employment, stating how much you are to be paid, how many hours you have to work each week (no more than 49 hours per week, by law), where your main workplace is to be, your breaks, etc.

If he refuses, your next port of call is the National Employment Rights Authority (NERA), who will give you more detailed advice.

The Gardai can do nothing, as this is essentially a civil matter, and not a criminal matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭D.McC

I working 3 weeks for security company check point security based in maldron tallaght and obriens Harcourt and grafton. Manager is <snip>. Don't want pay wages , no registration and payslips. Wher i need go for help?

:mad::mad:

When you say, no registration what exactly do you mean?

The company you mention is a licensed provider of static and door supervisors, so it has to conform to certain standards and practices. :eek:

Have you an individual licence for the work your doing?

I don’t mean to sound like I’m attacking you, as I have a back ground in security I have a pain in my ass with these cowboy type companies opening up and pushing not only standards down but cost as well.

Seems like the best thing you can do is speak to the nice people in NERA.

You might also like to know, if the locations they send you to work, don’t have a safety statement or you don’t have proper safety gear the Health & Safety Authority would love too know.

There is also an Employment Regulation Order that covers the security industry. It provides for such things as rates of pay, breaks’ and conditions on sites – shelter from the elements, place to eat and toilet arrangements.

PM me if you need any help

Advertisement