Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Coolmine train station E150pa

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I got my annual ticket last week, but it took them nearly two weeks to get back to me after I applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but I'm thinking of getting the annual parking ticket through my taxsaver ticket for Coolmine this year.

My nearest train station is Clonsilla ( they don't do this scheme) but it might work out better for me going with Coolmine-but I just want to test it out a few days before I commit. I just want to double check the price currently for parking in Coolmine-is it really €4 a day? I think it's €2 in Clonsilla so €4 seems so steep!

Thanks,

Caroline

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think Coolmine might be €4 per day if you just use the machines, but I'm not sure what the weekly or monthly prices are now. However if you use Parkbytext the daily charge is €3, weekly is €8 and monthly is €30. You can prepay here without having to have an account and the code for Coolmine is 0896. If you're going to be parking at a station every day, the annual taxsaver deal is definitely better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Sorry for dragging up an old thread but I'm thinking of getting the annual parking ticket through my taxsaver ticket for Coolmine this year.

My nearest train station is Clonsilla ( they don't do this scheme) but it might work out better for me going with Coolmine-but I just want to test it out a few days before I commit. I just want to double check the price currently for parking in Coolmine-is it really €4 a day? I think it's €2 in Clonsilla so €4 seems so steep!

Thanks,

Caroline

Are you going ti Docklands? If so, Hansfield is free parking and only one station up from Clonsilla. You can still change at Clonsilla for Pearse bound services.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Thanks for the answers.

Yeah Hansfield would be ideal as I'm very close to there but I have to be in Hunstown for 6pmish to collect my kids so I'd need to make the 5.25pm from Docklands which i'd probably just about miss running from town(finish work at 5pm).
    I'm currently getting the 39a but it's taking forever and only going to get worse coming up to Christmas.

Thanks again-think I'll get the annual parking ticket and go for Coolmine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

saggycaggy wrote: »
    ...which i'd probably just about miss running from town(finish work at 5pm)...

Consider a cheap folding bike. It will turn that 20 min walk into a 5min cycle.

Advertisement