Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

advice for special ed teacher

Options
  • 06-07-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I am hoping that someone may be able to help me or offer advice.
    I qualified in montessori education in 2009 (BA). This also qualifies me to work as a special ed teacher.
    I registered with the teaching council and went on then to work in Australia for almost 2 years.
    When I returned home I began working in a montessori preschool. I am still working in the montessori school but feel I need to widen my horizons. I would love to work in a special school as a special class teacher but I am worried I have left it to late to carry out my 100 day probationary period.
    I have no idea where to start as regards applying for jobs, looking for a school to carry out probation in etc.
    If anyone has any information for me I would appreciate it If yyou could share it with me.
    Thanks. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Converse86

Have you kept up your registration with the teaching council? If so they can extend your probation period. Apply for a job and once you are in apply to be probated. There are a lot of girls I went to SNMCI with who still have not been able to get probated, but the TC extended their 3 year limit on request. I think you may have to show evidence that you have applied for jobs but wee not offered a position. Education posts have advertisements almost daily. Best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ck340

Thank you converse86 I really appreciate your advice. I kept up my registration alright so hopefully all will work out.
    Thanks again. :-)

Advertisement