Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

No change so far, all that's covered so far is a TV card on a computer requires a licence fee. The government has proposed a broadband tax to replace the licence fee but things have gone quiet on that one.

In other news, for the last few days I've been getting stuttering of both sound and picture with my online Irish TV viewing. RTE is the worst offender but Aertv is also annoying. It doesn't happen with foreign streams though. Very odd. Anyone else experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

RadioRetro wrote: »
    No change so far, all that's covered so far is a TV card on a computer requires a licence fee. The government has proposed a broadband tax to replace the licence fee but things have gone quiet on that one.

In other news, for the last few days I've been getting stuttering of both sound and picture with my online Irish TV viewing. RTE is the worst offender but Aertv is also annoying. It doesn't happen with foreign streams though. Very odd. Anyone else experienced this?

I would be more inclined to suspect a local issue ...... connection or PC.

Yeah, I agree. Still funny that foreign streams are unaffected. And the RTE Player is unwatchable. But that's off topic, ignore me.

[EDIT] And now (23.56) it's working perfectly... spooky.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Aer TV plan 10 new Irish channels.

You would think that they would be better off trying for 2 broadcast channels and VOD rather then a streaming service. The current AerTV service lacks much content.

See: Sunday Business Post for more details.

I also assume they remain "FTA" as long as you have a broadband/internet sub.

And as we found out the IFB are coming together to provide a film channel.

I never seem to be able to get the Dáil Channel to display ...... is this common?

• Advertisement

I never seem to be able to get the Dáil Channel to display ...... is this common?

They are possibly on Holiday :D rarely use the services tbh.

Elmo wrote: »
    They are possibly on Holiday :D rarely use the services tbh.

Were you ever able to get it?

I tried again today ..... supposed to be on this afternoon, but got nothing ....... browser just spins its wheels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Onthe3rdDay

Anyone that's eager to watch the Dail can go directly to the source

http://www.oireachtas.ie/viewdoc.asp?fn=/documents/livewebcast/Web-Live.htm

There's even a link to Oireachas TV as broadcast on UPC Ch.801

Anyone that's eager to watch the Dail can go directly to the source

http://www.oireachtas.ie/viewdoc.asp?fn=/documents/livewebcast/Web-Live.htm

There's even a link to Oireachas TV as broadcast on UPC Ch.801

Which of course does not help at all in a thread about AerTV

Nor do the following links

http://www.rte.ie/player/#l=7
    http://www.tv3.ie/player/
    http://www.tg4.ie/ie/tg4-player/tg4-player.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Onthe3rdDay

Sorry for trying to help. I was under the impression that you actually wanted to watch our esteemed leaders.

Sorry for trying to help. I was under the impression that you actually wanted to watch our esteemed leaders.

:D not really!

I wanted to know why I cannot ever seem to get that channel to display ........ and if anyone else has this problem or not.

I would still like to know if everyone else is able to display the channel or not ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Anyone else having a problem with Aertv ? It seems to be stalling in showing a live channel. I have the 6 nations on the laptop from www.rte.ie/live working fine, however on the other laptop, aertv starts to show RTE2 but immediately stalls/hangs.

Mumha wrote: »
    Anyone else having a problem with Aertv ? It seems to be stalling in showing a live channel. I have the 6 nations on the laptop from www.rte.ie/live working fine, however on the other laptop, aertv starts to show RTE2 but immediately stalls/hangs.

Could be numbers trying to access the coverage???? No probs with either here.

Mumha wrote: »

Must be the weather :pac:

AerTV Movies is available now. Currently showing JDIFF programming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Elmo wrote: »
    AerTV Movies is available now. Currently showing JDIFF programming.

Yeah, they also have the same advert for that Festival every time you switch channel.

It gets a little bit tedious after a while.

I suppose it pays a few bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BOXSER

Hi to all , anyone having any probs with AERTV, bad stream ,connection failure, and also does the Rte player stream all programes live as in the day to day listings ?

BOXSER wrote: »
    Hi to all , anyone having any probs with AERTV, bad stream ,connection failure, and also does the Rte player stream all programes live as in the day to day listings ?

RTÉ, TV3 and TG4 provide a limited live online service. RTÉ have a few imports on their live service and sports and commissions, TV3 seem to have nothing but TV3 productions (Ireland AM, News, VB), while TG4 have sports and their commissioned shows (no imports).

RTÉ and TG4 block out their adverts due to rights issues, I don't know if TV3 do the same.

Any bad connections and streams I assume is down to your own ISP, unless AerTV are have problems allowing for high traffic numbers.

Many thanks ELMO for your reply, im in Russia at the moment and have been using a VPN to get a little bit of home, its just that when i try to connect to AERTV I get connection failed, trying to find out where the problem lies,

• Advertisement

Many thanks ELMO for your reply, im in Russia at the moment and have been using a VPN to get a little bit of home, its just that when i try to connect to AERTV I get connection failed, trying to find out where the problem lies,

I would say that RTÉ and TG4 live service are limited to their own programmes, excluding sports, internationally. Does Ireland AM go out internationally?

Hi Elmo, bottom line is AERTV streamed all the channels as if you were in your front room as so to speak, this is why its very popular , a make shift Rte,TG4, TV3 player with bits and pieces of live tv just is not the same, thats why I ask if AERTV is working for someone in Ireland,

Hi Elmo, bottom line is AERTV streamed all the channels as if you were in your front room as so to speak, this is why its very popular , a make shift Rte,TG4, TV3 player with bits and pieces of live tv just is not the same, thats why I ask if AERTV is working for someone in Ireland,

Yeah, but question remains why is it that the original broadcasters cannot stream their live services in full while a third party can?

AerTV has worked for me anytime I have taken a look.

no problems with 1. RTÉ Weather, 2. Ad break, 3. Weather, 4. Dance Academy, 5. Ad Break and FYI Headlines, 6. AerTV Movies Interview Carnage, 7. AerTV Music, 8. Six One, 9. France 24, 10. Russia Today, 11. Peppa Pig as of 17:55 to 18:10

All working here. And the JDIFF Ad :(

Thanks Elmo, the problem is with the server, I will get on to them,

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

anyone having problems with aertv today?? was looking forward to watching ireland v france

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

anyone having problems with aertv today?? was looking forward to watching ireland v france
    I am only getting 3 channels: AerTV Music, AerTV Movies and RTE Junior.

Where did the rest go?

edit: RTE1, RTE2 and TV3 are back.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

its back :)

Opened AerTV last night and while the list of channels below the video window was present, there was no programme guide, just a generic statement beside each logo. Anyone else get this?

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Opened AerTV last night and while the list of channels below the video window was present, there was no programme guide, just a generic statement beside each logo. Anyone else get this?

Just on OTV and the 2 AerTV ones.

Why did SeeSaw fail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

I still cannot get Aertv to work properly, since I first reported it here. RTE and TV3 work fine on their own sites but not through Aertv, which is a huge pity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement