Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE You !#@!@

• 01-02-2004 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I was a bit more annoyed the other night when "Sledge Hammer" was on, listed as that fine 80s show on both the EPG and in digigude & it turned out to be that VH1 thing. Not best pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bad luck! Someone here is bound to have a copy on tape...?

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

ahhh seldgehammer
    /me looks to the sky with a sentimental tear in my eye.....

"is that a silencer??"
    "no, its a loudener"

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Originally posted by daveirl
    Stupid idiots, can't even keep to their advertised schedule. The last episode of Proof was supposed to be repeated last night at 12:40 but instead One foot in the Grave was on.

Aertel, Sunday Times, Examiner all had it listed but RTE seem to have changed at the last minute.

Grrr...

They announced earlier in the evening that the were unable to show the episode of Proof or the scheduled film 'Don't Look Now', with no further explanation. I wonder why they were pulled? :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Check out the Sunday Times. The reason is that, in the series, they use a bank called the Metz. In reality, there's a German bank called Metzler who, sometimes, refer to themselves as the Metz. They threatened RTE and the repeat was yanked. Apparently it'll have implications on selling it internationally too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

How long did it take the German bank to realise this???

Its a bit late after the series was shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by sunbeam
    They announced earlier in the evening that the were unable to show the episode of Proof or the scheduled film 'Don't Look Now', with no further explanation. I wonder why they were pulled? :confused:

Dont Look Now is dirty!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Originally posted by mike65
    Dont Look Now is dirty!

Mike.

Well apart from that :D I was wondering if there was any other topical reason why they'd pull it. Only thing I can think of was reading a bit in one of the papers last week about a psychic who claimed to know that the girls who were murdered in Soham were dead long before their bodies were found-but that's very old news now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Originally posted by sunbeam

Does anyone know the name of the film they showed instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i want to hijack this thread rather than start a new one. it is in a similar vein.

i had the 3.30am showing of That 70's Show set to record. so i started watching it and caught the closing credits and was thinking the previous episode isnt over yet so Network 2 must be running a few minutes late. not too bad but low and behold the Aertel front page was greeting me 2 minutes later meaning Network 2 was running 25 minutes fast. how the hell is that possible :mad:

RTÉ are the biggest load of useless ****s i have ever seen :mad: :mad: :mad: makes me wonder why people bother paying a license fee if this is what we get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

It's a regular thing with rte they are just crap, late running I can understand but early is inexcusable. If the BBC run early they put in a filler programme so the scheduled programmes start on time bur rte just don't give a toss. I have seen a whole catalogue of amateurish muppetry from the inbreds at montrose. Everything from running entire programmes with video faults to missing out whole episodes in a series for no reason.

Aaargh, I have only just realised that those are new episodes of That 70s Show, what a stupid time to be showing new programmes. Having searched Digiguide I see that Trouble are showing it twice daily from today, I think the ep you missed Mossy will be on this Saturday and Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

On the subject of RTE bashing...

Why is The District, on so late, about 1:30am (can't see exact time cos rteguide.ie redirects to rte.ie/arts and entertainment.ie don't have more than two days schedule for rte dammit)

Ok in this instance it's not really RTE'S fault they acutally have a semi good reason. But just so that I can point out again.Just to let you know what RTE Network 2 are like, I have compiled their statistics.

Which is soooooo annoying. Basically N2 of late have been getting up my nose.

Statistics of Network 2’s prime time schedule

Number Of Programme Hours = 28hrs = 100%
    Number Of Irish Programme Hours = 7hrs 20mins = 26%
    Number Of Original Irish Programmes for N2 Hours = 1hr = 0.03%
    Number Of Foreign Programme Hours = 20hrs 40mins = 74%
    Number Of Repeat Programme Hours = 8hrs = 28%
    Number Of Movie Hours = 12hrs (6movies taking the average as 2hrs per movie) = 42%
    Number Of Documentary Programme Hours = 8hrs = 28%

Programmes outside the 6 to 11 primetime

New:
    Meeting Che Guevara 30mins
    Street Time 1hr
    Western Union Football 30mins
    That 70’s Show 30mins
    A Scare At Bedtime 10mins
    The Book Group 30mins
    The Dead Zone 1hr
    Ed 1hr
    Six Feet Under 1hr 20mins
    Push, Nevada 1hr
    The Practice 1hr
    Weird Science 30mins
    McLeod’s Daughter 1hr
    The Secret Life Of Us 1hr
    The District 1hr
    Sue Thomas F B Eye 1hr
    Plus News 2*4 2hrs
    Repeats Plus Movies
    Plus Four Movies, That’s Life News, Telly Bingo *2, The Drew Carey Show, Undeclared
    Total New Shows Show After 11pm 14hrs 50mins

Total Number of Repeats from 6 to 11 8hrs

Total Number of Movies from 6 to 11 12hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lemondrop

I cant stand RTE the are a bunch of f***s who couldnt organize a circus.

Have you ever gone on to their web site, well i did and they never give information about any up and coming TV shows (oh im sorry unless their irish they mite appear) or tv viewing in advance, just the current day on the aretel link. Also the only porgrams you are allowed view are irish ones and lets face it the majority of people wouldnt be that bothered with them. The way Sky have it is pretty good. You can look up the 7 day viewing for all their channels including all the irish ones. And i know people mite argue that it would take time money etc...and while this may be true to an extent if they are paying IT professionals to build and maintain their website dont you think they should at least have it to the best standard they could........shoot for the stars so to speak b/c it just doesnt cut it in the IT world nowadays...its too basic and frankly not serving all the customers needs and they may get a better reaction from people if they improve in these areas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with you lemondrop in ways

1. TG4 give there listings for the week on there website. And tells you about all the shows that the have, how every some times very little until it appears on the schedule.

2. TV3 do the same, however like the channel the website is ****

im sorry unless their irish they might appear
    I suppose since they make their own shows it is import to make sure the public know about them. And since 25% watch RTE 1 and 10% watch n2 then its import to show what's available. Oddly The Den have a full listing guide for the week?????? And in all fairness this topic is about an Irish Programme

4. Other then that I think the website is fair informative and useful, the news reports could be longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

The motorsport page on the RTE site is fairly good, it has loads of info on F1, WRC and Irish motor racing. It's the only part of the site I look at, the main part really isn't up to much.

Advertisement