Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Square Shape on Sun & Hexagon on Saturn

• 13-05-2014 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

News today on 'Square' shape seen by NASA on our sun.

A hexagon is/was seen on Neptune … is someone out there trying to communicate with us here on earth using symbols we can relate to? …. JBG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

News today on 'Square' shape seen by NASA on our sun.

A hexagon is/was seen on Neptune … is someone out there trying to communicate with us here on earth using symbols we can relate to? …. JBG

sounds like data loss or pixelation, any chance you can link the article (if you cant post it, pm it to me and I'll post it for you)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

Thanks, I do not think I can post web links yet, Sun story was on sky news yesterday (13 May) and if you google neptune hexagon shape there should be lots of hits with pics, I'll see if I can send you links though via PM.

Neptune shape some scientists are putting down to wind direction (five or six!) and I am sure sun anomaly will be explained in next months Sky at Night Mag or All about Space mag! I am an armchair astronomy fan .. maybe this post is in the wrong thread … or maybe it is aliens!!!!! JBG

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Thanks. ….oooppps Saturn not Neptune ! … JBG

Thank God for everyone that I dont work for NASA or any other space agency! Mixed up Neptune and Saturn... rookie mistake... no.. its worse than that! JBG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

better late than never :)

link as per JBG's Pm
    http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?release=2007-034

just had a read of it there, that is bizarre, and even more so that NASA called it bizarre. very unlike them to come out with anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Remember reading it years ago now I think, seems very strange alright

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Paranormal Etcetera

Still seems a little strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

A bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 U5ername

Heard of this a while back. Don't know anything about it, but Jupiter also has a hexagon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement