Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best place to find AD film work?

Options
  • 08-07-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I am looking to get some assistant director work but I am not sure where to begin looking. I have 4 years experience freelancing as a video content producer for different companies but the work has dried up. I never really stopped to think what department I would like to work in but now I am regretting not putting more consideration into it.

As you probably have guessed already I want to get into the directing department and I am wondering could anyone tell me of any websites to try or anything? any help at all would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I don't think you'll find AD work being advertised on websites very much.

The best thing to do is to see what's shooting at the moment and in the near future and get in touch with the production companies. A phonecall followed by a cover letter and CV to the correct person is a good start.

Obviously if you any contacts on crews or in companies get in touch with them and ask for advice, references and advice.

You can see what is in production at the moment in Ireland here: http://www.iftn.ie/production/in_production/

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dwayned

If you are willing to go as far as Belfast/NI then Northern Ireland Screen put out crew calls regularly.

http://www.northernirelandscreen.co.uk/sections/87/calls-for-crew.aspx

They also have links to a lot of the production companies up here.

Dwayne

Advertisement