Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Medicine in Italy

• 24-06-2014 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I recently got a seat to study undergrad medicine in Pavia University, Italy and I am currently looking into accomodation. If anyone else is on the same boat or wants a flatmate, let me know.

Thanks,
    Srikar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

sriwish wrote: »
    Hi all,

I recently got a seat to study undergrad medicine in Pavia University, Italy and I am currently looking into accomodation. If anyone else is on the same boat or wants a flatmate, let me know.

Thanks,
    Srikar
    Hi sorry I'm not answering your post here, but could you please tell me how did you go about applying for the university, and what was required of you to apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sriwish

Hi,

There was a couple of steps for applying;
    1. You have to sit the IMAT exam, which is basically an aptitude test with biology,chemistry,physics &maths and general reasoning sections. You have to get in the top 300/4000 in this.
    2. Assuming you're Irish you have to get you Leaving Cert apostillised (stamped by some official agency) and then translated into Italian. Once you do this you have to bring it to the Italian embassy to get a DV (Declaration of Value).
    3. You then have to fill out an online application on the college website.
    4. If you get a high rank they will ask you to come to Italy in person to finish the registration. When you're there the first thing you have to do is go to a tax office and get this certificate called the 'Tax Code Card'.
    5. Then, you should go to any bank and pay the MAV fee (which is the fee for the first term of university).
    6. Once you have your MAV receipt and your tax code card just head to the enrollment office along with your DV leaving cert and passport and you will get an unconditional offer to study there.

Seems like a lot and it will take a while but I hope the instructions were clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Kadiv

Hi, if I got enrolled in Pavia how would I decline it? since I got into medicine in trinity. Do I have to call the university and notify them that I am not going there anymore or do I wait till first September?

Advertisement