Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I cant find my old Team Bring It t-shirt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

(If it's still in business?) then Wrestling Mania on the top level of the Stephens Green centre would be a good bet.
    Yeah definitely wrestling mania! Can't say enough nice things about that place (which is a change as Naill et al have had a rough time of it on boards for some reason)

I'd head in soon enough if you can - I'd say they will run out of the most popular shirts fairly soon! Probably won't be restocked until before the show in the point!

you can ask him for a specific shirt if you have that wonderful magical invention that is the book of face!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/WRESTLING-MANIA/128137870536848
    Thanks very much :D. Hopefully check it out Friday so. I can't see me needing to reserve it.. If they even do Cody Rhodes shirts I reckon they will be in stock :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I must have been in the Stephens Green shopping centre a hundred times over the last three years and never knew there was a wrestling shop in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I must havee been in the Stephens Green shopping centre a hundred times over the last three years and never knew there was a wrestling shop in there!

Its right at the top near the front. Be very easy to miss, tbf.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Its right at the top near the front. Be very easy to miss, tbf.

Next to the former metal now emo shop

• Advertisement

Next to the former metal now emo shop

Oh asha, how it was once the center for all things alternative. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

did I read somewhere A table was being reserved for the podcast boys (walter, the bostoncrab etc) assuming they turn up early enough. If so I think a great idea would be to put a lil notice somewhere that it's the boards PW table, then boardsies could have a place to meet each other and maybe even get a podcast cameo if they are there early. Also would be a place to have potentially a laptop set up with boards PW open to see the online reaction to the whole thing and even join in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Wohoo!!Just managed to get the Monday off work to make what is finally going to be the first ever PW boards.ie meetup.Sounds like it's going to be epic.

Leggo,any idea when non-Dubliners will have the chance get hold of the reserved tickets?You're a legend for organising this by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Confirmed: Captain's opens at 12pm on Friday so anytime after then you can get tickets.

Sure, I'll book off a table for boards. I'll make sure it's near a power point too, if possible, to accommodate a laptop. Not sure if you can access Captain's wifi though if you want so if someone wants to sort out mobile broadband, tethering or the likes.

I'm thinking we need a Hashtag so people can live tweet from the event. I'll also throw it on the video of the classic Mania matches so everyone there knows. Thinking "#CaptainsMania", anyone any other suggestions?

I'll give a couple days notice of how and when non-Dubs can apply for the boards allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Any idea if there's a limit on how many tickets one persons aload buy ?? I have to pick one up for meself and then bout 5 for mates.

• Advertisement

Any idea if there's a limit on how many tickets one persons aload buy ?? I have to pick one up for meself and then bout 5 for mates.

Nope, no limit.

230. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Would a "cut a promo" contest be a good idea, or would it be likely to descend into chaos?

Contestants could each have 30 secs to cut a promo, and the crowd could choose the winner (playa). Small prize from Wrestling Mania for the winner:P

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Would a "cut a promo" contest be a good idea, or would it be likely to descend into chaos?

Contestants could each have 30 secs to cut a promo, and the crowd could choose the winner (playa). Small prize from Wrestling Mania for the winner:P

Haha had thought of this idea actually and even sounded a couple of people out about it, but had the same response as my gut instinct each time: drink + people slagging each other = bad idea. Even if it is all in good fun, it only takes one to take things too far. You couldn't even do this with a bunch of drunk, trained, professional wrestlers without trouble! :D Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

leggo wrote: »
    Haha had thought of this idea actually and even sounded a couple of people out about it, but had the same response as my gut instinct each time: drink + people slagging each other = bad idea. Even if it is all in good fun, it only takes one to take things too far. You couldn't even do this with a bunch of drunk, trained, professional wrestlers without trouble! :D Shame.

This was my first thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

Hey lads is there any chance somebody could pick up 3 tickets for myself and 2 friends tomorrow. Am living in waerford and cant make it up to grafton street in time. PM PLEASE if you can ill sort out payment and everything cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I miss tickets with proper designs :(
    Damn ticketmaster ruining everything -_-

Anybody PLEASE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I think we all owe leggo a pint for all his effort in this. Those tickets are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Fair play for getting it all organised. Won't be attending this year as in work at 9 but I assume it's a now annual event so I'll swing round next year!

(BTW anyone worried you'll all think the others are a-holes when ye meet up for first time?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

(BTW anyone worried you'll all think the others are a-holes when ye meet up for first time?!)

I honestly have never met any wrestling fans who are a-holes. I think there's some sort of united bond between us :D.

But judging by how quickly this has spread around circles on Facebook and Twitter, it's possible that more than half the people there aren't regular posters on here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

If anyone is there at 11:59 tomorrow I will be the one with my face pressed against the door screaming 'For the love of God let me in.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Charisteas wrote: »
    I honestly have never met any wrestling fans who are a-holes.

Just you wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

How much are tickets lads? Are they selling alcohol from 1am-4am?

How much are tickets lads? Are they selling alcohol from 1am-4am?

Aye, there'll be a late bar all night so all good! Will prob close just before the show ends when the show is winding down so staff aren't stuck there til 6am clearing people out, it's a 'play it by ear' type deal but nobody will be left short for booze don't worry. :)

Tix are €5, on-sale 12pm tomorrow. By the sound of things, there'll end up being a preview of the sesh with the boards heads going to be there for opening time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Got my ticket early, thanks nice manager who believes I won't be in Dublin tomorrow ^_^

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Early bus up to Dub tomorrow, then to get my ticket :D

Anybody able to get me 3 tickets? Ill pay PLEASE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

leggo, can you give a rough idea as to what day the boards ticket allocation will take place? Also is it possible to call captains and pay over the phone..

Advertisement