Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Tallon wrote: »
    Still a good bit high imo

well there are a lot of good games in the lot too, not the usual tat you tend to get with these consoles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Yeah I had that in mind alright, have received a few daft offers in the past, so I always post asking prices a bit above what I expect. (a LOT above in this case) Adverts ain't what it used to be.

Prices are more reasonable now... I think...

I know where you're coming from ,I've seen the same thing with my ads.Theres one guy (no ..not the man burton) who always puts in stupidly low offers (cant think of his name but he has an ash from evil dead avatar there).Still though theres a sweet spot between " a higher price to start bidding "..and."I want crazy money" :)
    good luck with the ads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I know where you're coming from ,I've seen teh same thing with my ads.Theres one guy (no ..not the man burton) who always puts in stupidly low offers (cant think of his name but he has an ash from evil dead avatar there).Still though theres a sweet spot between " a higher price to start bidding "..and."I want crazy money" :)
    good luck with the ads

Batteries not included? he bids on everything that pops up. Could be undercover RAGE :P :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

it must be working for him if hes at it all the time. i sapose if even 5% of the sellers just say here ya go ya peasant take it off me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

safetyboy wrote: »
    Batteries not included? he bids on everything that pops up. Could be undercover RAGE :P :pac:
    nah http://www.adverts.ie/member/319586 alycat05
    I guess if you dont chance your arm , you wont get ,so fair play to him, still though bit of a pain in the arse when the first offer people see is on about a third of the actual value ;)
    There's a 'no offers below asking option' in adverts , I'd be tempted to stick up something at a decent price and tick that to see if it works.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha I lol'd at this one..

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/atari-7800-brand-new-in-box-console/1010412

I swear sometimes i have to stop myself from commenting for fear of getting a warning for thread spoiling.

He even says its brand new and it clearly isnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

keithgeo wrote: »

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/atari-7800-brand-new-in-box-console/1010412

I swear sometimes i have to stop myself from commenting for fear of getting a warning for thread spoiling.

I don't care...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,000 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

haha 8 people have actually bid on that! what the hell! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

This guy is a Grade 1 Knobend

I have been blacklisted by him and a comment was removed

Describing that as brand new is seriously taking the piss

• Advertisement

Thats a disgrace by adverts in fairness my comments have been deleted too. How they can let him describe that as new is beyond me, its clearly not and as such its a fradulant ad in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Thats a disgrace by adverts in fairness my comments have been deleted too. How they can let him describe that as new is beyond me, its clearly not and as such its a fradulant ad in my opinion.

Started a thread in Support

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056412555

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

ah here, when is this guy going to just realise this is not a new 7800 and just sell it as mint condition or something. If it is even mint that is.

edit:
    I mean did he even read the ebay list info for something that is new.

Item specifics
    Condition:
    New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable). If the item comes direct from a manufacturer, it may be delivered in non-retail packaging, such as a plain or unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I hope someone doesn't report him:p

I got a reply from him on the ebay auction.
    It's not sealed but most definitely new, it's been in the same box unopened ever since it was bought and that I can guarantee. I'm only selling as i'm moving, didnt really want to sell so soon but sure it's not always the way we want it to work out! lol I do have other new consoles new and sealed that I will be selling also after this sale, just trying to gauge what prices I might get and if it will be worth selling them or putting them in storage. I know I won't get the price i'm looking for but I am open to any offers.

He can guarantee it, but of course has no way of proving it.
    Does he really think people are going to believe and trust him?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve SI wrote: »
    Does he really think people are going to believe and trust him?

Hopefully not. A seller with zero feedback trying to flog a clearly 2nd hand Atari for silly money. The fact he removed those pics of it out of the box proves he's deliberately trying to con folk with the "new" crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

Yay dead links.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

He got 250 euro for it!!!
    Not including the 20 euro postage.

I hope doesn't spend it all at once, if his auction description isn't spot on he's gonna get in trouble, and we can see it's not quite the box fresh gem it appears.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If the buyer is a serious collector then he's going to get himself some emails from ebay and paypal.

• Advertisement

This guys is hilarious. he has this amiga up for 200 intiailly i think, i offered 40 for it, he said its worth ten times that much. one other offer on it for 50. a few weeks go by he drops the price to 150, another couple of weeks go by, i just got an email saying the price has changed on an add im watching, i click onto it...

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/amiga-a500/749858?notification=18a34883ae2ab0ff434d972f30952cd6-1319151180#comment_5173980

he put it up to 400! :D

This guys is hilarious. he has this amiga up for 200 intiailly i think, i offered 40 for it, he said its worth ten times that much. one other offer on it for 50. a few weeks go by he drops the price to 150, another couple of weeks go by, i just got an email saying the price has changed on an add im watching, i click onto it...

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/amiga-a500/749858?notification=18a34883ae2ab0ff434d972f30952cd6-1319151180#comment_5173980

What the hell, these adverts people lately are either delusional, crazy or just plain and simple dumb mother******s.

That's madness.

I must post a comment.

ha nice question there, wonder what he'll reply with. he seems adament its worth a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Steve SI wrote: »
    What the hell, these adverts people lately are either delusional, crazy or just plain and simple dumb mother******s.

That's madness.

I must post a comment.

The sell also seems to have a problem with being unable to use a spell checker - "origional"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

It's the ultra rare, over 30 year old edition lol

It's the ultra rare, over 30 year old edition lol

Yeah, time really flies and all that. Hard to believe its 2017 all ready.

Where did the years go ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

"Amazing Huge Collection of 91 SNES Super Famicom Games + Console + AC + 4 Pads + Multitap"

"Super rare" according to the seller, complete with two boxes. A bargain at 500 euro:rolleyes:

http://www.adverts.ie/1051641

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I wouldn't say any of those games were Super Rare. The most expensive one there is probably Gradius 3 which will run you a mighty €10-15 fully boxed. Loose, maybe €5-7.

He does have a couple of Puyo Puyo games though and a Bomberman game. The rest consists of RPG's and pachinko titles. Unplayable for non-Japanese readers. Cheap to pickup, even on eBay.

Nothing boxed there at all, I'd personally value that entire collection including console at €275-€300. If everything was boxed, complete and the console was mint and boxed (like mine :D) then he has a case to ask €500.

As it stands that advert is way overvalued. Ticks me off about that site. It has a vibe that RAGE uses. The old classic "this is Japanese, therefor it must be super rare and obscure. Let's ask 1 jillion Euro for it" vibe.

Does my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

Pyongyang wrote: »

Nothing boxed there at all, I'd personally value that entire collection including console at €275-€300.

that's quite generous, I would think more along the lines of 150 considering the condition of everything and the lack of boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I should have stated in my previous post that that was based on retail value. The condition of the stuff does devalue it but to his credit he has a couple of carts in there worth a few bob even loose. Bomberman 4 for example.

My 'valuation' was a collective retail value plus condition. I'd still stand by it as a top end valuation. No way in hell is that lot worth €500 though. Those pachinko games are rubbish and in Japan can be fetched for mere pence. Or Yen if we're being like that... :p

Advertisement