Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

• 06-04-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Blaalarry

I'm starting this thread as a sort of Job Centre for Waterford.

If you hear of ANY job that is going in Waterford will you please hang it on this thread. Also any details about the job, (such as location, nature of work, contact ph. numbers, email addresses or names) would be a big help.

I'm lucky enough to be working, but i remember too well what it was like to be idle. Its a soul destroying way to live.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Good idea actually,

There is a new bag and luggage place in city square beside gamestop and I saw a sign saying they are looking for parttime and holiday cover so it might suit a parent or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

vry good idea should probably be stickied

Ledger

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

My sister mentioned to me yesterday that ALDI are hiring at the moment, assistant managers I think, but I don't have any more details, sorry

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Nearly impossible to get into aldi at that level iirc.

There are a good few rounds of interviews and if ya do get it your worked to the bone. I think you get well paid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Blaalarry

Ledger wrote: »
    vry good idea should probably be stickied

Ledger
    Hi Ledger, pardon my ignorance, but what is "stickied"?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

cbmonstra wrote: »
    My sister mentioned to me yesterday that ALDI are hiring at the moment, assistant managers I think, but I don't have any more details, sorry
    Would recommend that anyone thinking of applying checks this thread out http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054960661&highlight=aldi+manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Blaalarry wrote: »
    Hi Ledger, pardon my ignorance, but what is "stickied"?:confused:

on this screen you will see threads at the top that say sticky beside them

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=482

they are threads that dont move down no matter how old they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Part-time festival co-ordinator:

http://www.staff.ie/jobs/30889.html

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

I saw an ad in Jane Norman (in debenhams) today saying they are looking for part time sales assistant. Not sure how long the sign is there though, it could be old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I saw an ad in Jane Norman (in debenhams) today saying they are looking for part time sales assistant. Not sure how long the sign is there though, it could be old.

Huh? I was in Waterford today, in Jane Normans, and am desperately seeking a job, I didn't see this though. Are you sure???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

the bistro restraunt on patrick street is looking for a chef and some waiting staff,possibly evening work,they have there ad in the window:)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

Huh? I was in Waterford today, in Jane Normans, and am desperately seeking a job, I didn't see this though. Are you sure???

I was there round 3.30 yesterday and the when I was paying for my stuff there was a sign up high behind the girl serving me. Might be no harm to drop in a CV, id say its a nice place to work. Don't forget me now when you get a staff discount!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Bagel Factory (?) in John Roberts Square are looking for someone for 3 days a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I was there round 3.30 yesterday and the when I was paying for my stuff there was a sign up high behind the girl serving me. Might be no harm to drop in a CV, id say its a nice place to work. Don't forget me now when you get a staff discount!! :D

:D I love their stuff in there!

Not living in Waterford at the moment, looking to move there if i can get a job. Would've asked about the hours if I had seen it. I was there for ages and all! I could post a CV i suppose anyway. but would be better if i knew there were enough hours in it. Don't suppose anyone would be willing to pop in next time they're round and ask what hours are going?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Adyx wrote: »
    Bagel Factory (?) in John Roberts Square are looking for someone for 3 days a week

I'll fight ya for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Blaalarry

This is going better than expected.

If we can only get a few people out of the hell of being idle it'll make a difference.

Just imagine how it would feel to wake up in the morning and be able to say, "I'M Working!"

Lovely feeling. So keep posting. You can change someones life.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I'll fight ya for it!

You can have it. I'm lucky enough to work in a very secure company that pays well, has good prospects and is in no danger of going under.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Adyx wrote: »
    You can have it. I'm lucky enough to work in a very secure company that pays well, has good prospects and is in no danger of going under.

:(

i think je wants to fight ya for a bagel .....:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

I know this is slightly off topic cause it isnt a job in Waterford BUT it might help someone from Waterford get a job.

IT Support Technican Job in Cork, out beside the airport.
    http://www.globalaverydennison.apply2jobs.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=2961&CurrentPage=1

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dumb Terminal

Last time i was in PC World they had a sign on the door looking for Sales Staff, that was a few weeks ago though so not sure if it's still there.

DT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 amzyxx

the woodlands hotel on the dunmore road are hiring people for the summertime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Have to say I thought it was a bit over-zealous to close the other topic on the web-developer job, by the same logic does that mean this thread will be closed?? I just think that's a bit much given the current job-climate.....

It was blatant shilling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

rayc wrote: »
    Have to say I thought it was a bit over-zealous to close the other topic on the web-developer job, by the same logic does that mean this thread will be closed?? I just think that's a bit much given the current job-climate.....

I think it was more to do with the way he was promoting his company, how great they are, what they do and who they do it for. The job position was almost a footnote! I'm sure if that guy posts on adverts.ie a link can then be added in this thread...can it mods?

Have to mention here I know the guys involved and while I agree it wasn't a well phrased post (in terms of boards rules) I genuinely don't think it was shilling. (I'd guess it was the usual spiel taken from a 'proper' job posting). They have been actively looking for a developer around Waterford for a while now.

However, my main concern was about this .... "Nor is this a site for people to post their job advertisements."

So does that mean the Job thread will be closed?

Well noone here is involved with the jobs posted so that is the difference I assume.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You know if you have a problem you should contact the mod and not bitch about it on the forum right?
    Have to mention here I know the guys involved and while I agree it wasn't a well phrased post (in terms of boards rules) I genuinely don't think it was shilling.

In terms of the boards.ie rules which your friend obviously failed to read it was shilling though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This thread is fine. Most people are regular contributors to Boards and we always welcome such threads from genuine users. Its a useful topic and well needed.

The issue with the last thread was its content, a one post wonder as the poster has contributed nothing effectively to Boards.

Adverts.ie has an area covering such advertisements. I'd prefer we didn't have businesses posting about themselves here as it takes from the discussion element of this forum. Its not a noticeboard.

A link to the post on Adverts is fine.

Cabaal wrote: »
    You know if you have a problem you should contact the mod and not bitch about it on the forum right?

Fair enough, I'll discuss it with the mod directly next time.
    Cabaal wrote: »
    In terms of the boards.ie rules which your friend obviously failed to read it was shilling though

"The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage others unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services or support the political group's ideological claims."

My point is, admittedly having the benefit of knowing the guy, this was not his intention, therefore he was not consciously 'shilling'. He was however, trying to find someone to fill a job. Knowing of the job thread on here I mentioned he might post about it, seeing as it's one of the few tech jobs actually available around Waterford these days and there are plenty of techies on here. But if only people who are aware of jobs available are able to post and not those who have jobs available, then I'll post about this job then shall I?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lets take your disputes to PM guys :P Just trying to keep the forum clean, fair and useful to all.

Ray, I am sure will post up the job information in due course. Perhaps the company in question will consider using Boards more in the future as they would be more then welcome.

Advertisement