Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

yoyo83 wrote: »
    its going to be completly different to what ye remember of muldoons so no point calling it muldoons!

We shall call it Tim..
    Tim the Pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

We shall call it Tim..
    Tim the Pub

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

We shall call it Tim..
    Tim the Pub

A pub named after my dog? awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Call it Maggie Tuckers then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

So, the big hole in the (former) Xtra Vision window downtown, was that there before tonight or is it a by product of the leaving cert results night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

is it big enough to drive jcb bull doser thru :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

kryogen wrote: »
    So, the big hole in the (former) Xtra Vision window downtown, was that there before tonight or is it a by product of the leaving cert results night?

How big is the hole?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Anyone here in Harveys on their last night?

Oskars opening tonight @6

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Soft opening or for real? Am down in Waterford for the weekend so will head out there to see what has been done to it. I'm imagining in my head Revolution on the Dunmore Road

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Oskars opening tonight @6

Do they have a late license?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I have it on good authority, that the new Muldoons (or whatever they're calling it :p) will at least try and be someway upmarket. They're going to be "over 25's" and no students. Most students wanting in will be given free passes over to The Foundry, especially Wednesday nights.

The Muldoons part will be reminiscent of Ruby's Lounge with live music most nights and the 'Peig's' part will be like the Woodman. Sounds fine, but a place like that will more than likely be more expensive than everywhere else, particularly if the type of money that is rumoured to be sunk into the place is true. :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I have it on good authority, that the new Muldoons (or whatever they're calling it :p) will at least try and be someway upmarket. They're going to be "over 25's" and no students. Most students wanting in will be given free passes over to The Foundry, especially Wednesday nights.

The Muldoons part will be reminiscent of Ruby's Lounge with live music most nights and the 'Peig's' part will be like the Woodman. Sounds fine, but a place like that will more than likely be more expensive than everywhere else, particularly if the type of money that is rumoured to be sunk into the place is true. :o

A few places have tried the "no students" policy over the years and none lasted. I'd be delighted if we got a place like Ruby lounge or the old muldoons mind. The front lounge seems to be my new haunt when I go into town but ill chance it when it opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Partizan wrote: »
    Anyone here in Harveys on their last night?

Don't think it ever happened the just shut the place that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Deisedarren

Nypd wrote: »
    Don't think it ever happened the just shut the place that was it.

Wasnt opened at half 11 tonight

Call it Maggie Tuckers then!

Or sinnotts!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Went for a few drinks in Oskars last night. Pretty impressed with what they've done with the place. Staff could use a small bit of work. There were dirty plates and condoments still on the tables at 11:30 and they only got removed when Flash was walking around and had one of the bar staff get rid of them. Other than that it was very good!

Went to The Forum last night, free in which was good but what was not good was a couple of bouncers fancied themselves as hard men and roughed up some drunk eejit half their size. It was like 3 overweight amatuer MMA fighters scrambling for the last slice of pizza.

They are really lucky they didn't seriously injure the lad. Dropping a knee into someones neck is not only stupidly unprofessional but an easy way to get a manslaughter conviction.

So Harvey's is gone...and I expect masons to follow suit over the next couple of weeks. Waterford was described as a race to the bottom...a race that was won by Harvey's with masons not too far behind. If it wasn't for their money elsewhere, the foundry would have shut its doors by now too. This city's nightlife, as we said months and years ago, is in serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

So Harvey's is gone...and I expect masons to follow suit over the next couple of weeks. Waterford was described as a race to the bottom...a race that was won by Harvey's with masons not too far behind. If it wasn't for their money elsewhere, the foundry would have shut its doors by now too. This city's nightlife, as we said months and years ago, is in serious trouble.

You must be so proud about being right about so many people losing their job's and those who are about to,if your prediction about Mason's is correct,which by the way is rather insensitive (i m o) by you to post such rumour's online.

• Advertisement

Ah but you see you claim to know me, but haven't the balls to tell me who you are. You don't like me, so you have an agenda.

Also, it's not about being proud, it's about being disappointed and sad. And I'm not posting rumours...where have I said that?

Step out from behind your mask ya chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Ah but you see you claim to know me, but haven't the balls to tell me who you are. You don't like me, so you have an agenda.

Also, it's not about being proud, it's about being disappointed and sad. And I'm not posting rumours...where have I said that?

Step out from behind your mask ya chicken.

Well something's never change,always with the name calling,as a mate said one night "ignore him and he might go away"end of discussion so do not pm me again.

Well something's never change,always with the name calling,as a mate said one night "ignore him and he might go away"end of discussion so do not pm me again.

lol it's easy to make up crap about people when you can hide behind anonymity. The mark of a real coward.

Now , I shall be putting you on ignore cause I generally don't like to talk to liars and cowards.

Official. Masons is closing sep 2nd. I know a good few of the lads in there and it's crap news. Hopefully someone else moves in there fast.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

So that's two clubs gone/closing. But we have another one (or two?) on the way as part of the Foundry Group re-opening old closed venues. Right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Sully wrote: »
    So that's two clubs gone/closing. But we have another one (or two?) on the way as part of the Foundry Group re-opening old closed venues. Right?

Seems that way. Unfortunately Mason's is in a prominent spot, hope it doesn't become dilapidated or rundown, we've enough places empty that are becoming eyesores. The old News & Star place is terrible looking now. The window is all cracked and is very close to breaking altogether.

Hopefully the Mason's staff might find employment in one of the new places opening up.

The students are in for a rude awakening when they return. The Foundry will be able to charge what they want, including a door charge, because there will be no competition. €2 and €3 drinks, as well as free entry, will be a thing of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Crystal could do well with the student market with 2 venues gone now and maybe MOJO lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

MASONS CLOSING SEPT 2ND .. STAFF NOTIFIED THIS MORNING .... SAD TIMES :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Granted, I haven't been in there recently, but I thought it was doing alright?
    Or could it be the end of the lease??

Advertisement