Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young farmer starting off in the beef industry

• 01-10-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello all, I recently inherited a 65 acre farm due to a death in the family a year ago. I am currently working abroad and have been for the past 8 years, before I immigrated I had a fairly big input in the farm but over the years I lost touch with farming, I plan to move back to ireland in a year or so to complete my green cert level 6, I was just wondering what I should go at? Buying in and raising beef cattle from my cousin who is a dairy farmer or starting my own suckler herd? Making massive profits isn't paramount to me as I am also a tradesman, it's mainly for the way off life as we'll will hopefully be starting a family around the same time, cheers in advance.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement